Coaching is a serious problem.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Gordon Bombay has shelf life left but win or lose next Saturday isn't the issue...it will be effort and solid all
around play.
Oh I get it. But what do they do if they come out and stink up the joint again? To me that would be a clear sign from the players.

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
Love Marty as a person would be an amazing assistant coach but to give Marty a chance as head coach he needs :
-Experienced ass coach
-Solid veteran warriors (weber, toews, perry)
-some jam in the lineup (force his hand to play them)
-real #1 dman
-solid veteran backup goalie

Reactions: 1909 and Yep

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Maybe we could have a #Firesomeonealready sticky thread to channel all that energy. I prefer discussions but we also obviously need to vent and rant. And being a habs fan won't get easier until we get much further in the rebuild process (2-3 years) and start to contend.

I find the tank thread helped in that sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Maybe we could have a #Firesomeonealready sticky thread to channel all that energy. I prefer discussions but we also obviously need to vent and rant. And being a habs fan won't get easier until we get much further in the rebuild process (2-3 years) and start to contend.

I find the tank thread helped in that sense,

We're not allowed to have tank thread for now tho.

So we have to #FireMSL instead.

Reactions: Yep

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If a team can be competitive some games but not others, then it's coaching.

If it's never competitive, it's players.

The Rags game was not competitive compared to the Hens game. Meaning?

Honestly, Marty has to learn that if the team can't execute what he wants, he's the problem. His zone defense does not solve goals against and is a possession nightmare. So he needs to rethink and implement a different or more thought out system based on his players abilities.

Reactions: Yep

Jul 6, 2016
If a team can be competitive some games but not others, then it's coaching.

If it's never competitive, it's players.

The Rags game was not competitive compared to the Hens game. Meaning?

Honestly, Marty has to learn that if the team can't execute what he wants, he's the problem. His zone defense does not solve goals against and is a possession nightmare. So he needs to rethink and implement a different or more thought out system based on his players abilities.
Do you think he can ? I have huge doubts.

If Marty would be honest with himself, he would quit and go back to live with his wife and kids in the US. He’s got all the millions he needs in his bank account already.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsAddict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad