Confirmed with Link: Coach Pete DeBoer Is Fired

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
LOL. The circus continues.

But let's let Lou decide when it's time to go. The apologists segment of this fanbase can take a dive off the deep-end with ole Lou.

Harris and Blitzer need to fire Lou the day after the season ends.

dude it doesn't matter!! if lou doesn't get rid of veterans by trade deadline than i agree with you... the coach of this team doesn't matter... who do you think was going to take this job?

GhostofKenKlee

LOL. The circus continues.

But let's let Lou decide when it's time to go. The apologists segment of this fanbase can take a dive off the deep-end with ole Lou.

Harris and Blitzer need to fire Lou the day after the season ends.

How is it a circus? Can the show at least start before you bash it?

DeBoer was fired and they have a game tonight. I have no problem with him getting a birds eye and bringing back two assistants from a few seasons back when the devils have their act together. This is more of a shot at the veterans and big contract players if anything.

I would love to see what they do with trades/picks etc.

fire up the gaming consoles for instant results. That's the problem with this new breed of hockey fans, they player gm mode, read blogs and think they have it all figured out.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I really hope the change we are hoping for comes next year. The fact that we are recycling roles is kinda getting out of hand at this point.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
dude it doesn't matter!! if lou doesn't get rid of veterans by trade deadline than i agree with you... the coach of this team doesn't matter... who do you think was going to take this job?

I think that's the point. He probably couldn't find anybody to take the job considering everybody but Lou realizes this needs to be a tear-down and rebuild.

GhostofKenKlee

This all but confirms that Scotty thought Debo was a plug, no? :laugh:

Looks like and Lou's quote about having him back and it being temporary were on point. DeBoer didn't like his replacement was breathing down his back...

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Owner P. K. Wrigley then began experimenting with the managerial position and in December 1960, announced that Cubs would not have only one manager for the coming season. Instead, the team implemented a new managerial system known as the "College of Coaches". The system was meant to blend ideas from several individuals instead of relying on one manager. During its first year, the team rotated four different managers into the role: Vedie Himsl, Harry Craft, El Tappe and Lou Klein. The next year, under the guidance of Tappe, Klein and Charlie Metro, the Cubs lost a franchise-record 103 games. Bob Kennedy managed the team for the next three seasons until Hall of Famer Leo Durocher assumed the managerial role for the 1966 season, effectively ending the five-year-long "College of Coaches" experiment

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This all but confirms that Scotty thought Debo was a plug, no? :laugh:

Speaks pretty high volumes about the reasoning behind his decision to leave now that he's back a few months later

No better place for Lou to evaluate the talent than ice level.

You, a few others, and I felt it was the way to go to have the new coach be one that serves as a stop gap of sorts.

Well now given the circumstances and that Lou is behind the bench, perhaps the few of us should be placed up in the press box, GMing by committee :sarcasm:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
How is it a circus? Can the show at least start before you bash it?

DeBoer was fired and they have a game tonight. I have no problem with him getting a birds eye and bringing back two assistants from a few seasons back when the devils have their act together. This is more of a shot at the veterans and big contract players if anything.

I would love to see what they do with trades/picks etc.

fire up the gaming consoles for instant results. That's the problem with this new breed of hockey fans, they player gm mode, read blogs and think they have it all figured out.

well stated..... i think many fans want to believe deep down that we just needed a different coach on this team and it all would have been different .....coaching means very little if you lack adequate talent to be competitive. this is a slow and steady move, leaves options open for next season.. people need to take a step back and look at this roster... look at who is under contract for next season and realize this is not a one season fix.. its a 2-3 year process and the head coaching right now doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot.... debeor was firing was just the first step in the evaluation/rebuilding process... hopefully

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I step away from the hockey world for two days to vacation to Maine with my fiancé's family, and I come back to find Lou has fired Pete. Conclusion: Lou only takes action when I'm away from the Internet so I can be out of the loop. Maybe I should go on vacation more often.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Just written in Katie Strang's column.

New Jersey Devils -- I think you can find plenty of people who had no problem with general manager Lou Lamoriello’s decision to fire coach Pete DeBoer, but not so for the manner in which it was handled. Suffice it to say that his decision to dismiss the well-respected DeBoer on the day after Christmas did not go over well with many in the NHL community. This is a results business, we get it, but let’s also not forget the personal element to all this, as well.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I recall the same thing being written when we fired MacLean about how awful the timing was (right before the holidays).

Lou does what he wants, when he wants.

You have to think that this unpredictable behavior probably keeps some quality coaches away as well. It's just not good for perception sake.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
You have to think that this unpredictable behavior probably keeps some quality coaches away as well. It's just not good for perception sake.

Firing PDB was unpredictable? :laugh:

I do agree that the timing was not great, but really? It was obviously going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad