Trade: [CLE/HOU] Deshaun Watson (signs 5 years, $230M) and 2024 5th for 2022, 2023, and 2024 1sts, 2023 3rd, 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm shocked the league didn't try harder to make a bigger statement, but we also don't know how much info this judge was able to see. It sounded like they weren't able to talk to a lot of the victims. A big reason why these league/team investigations are always so unsatisfying is these entities aren't well equipped to act like police forces.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Technically Roger can add games onto the 6 but I don't see why he'd want to. The NFL is a business. They have shown repeatedly they have no interest in hurting their talent.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
That’s a sweet deal. Great for the NFL and it’s players, basically now you know you get about 4 sexual misconduct/assault allegations per 1 game suspension. This precedent should really ease a lot of stress for any player that’s wondering how much they can get away with. But if you even look at a sports betting website you are absolutely done.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That’s a sweet deal. Great for the NFL and it’s players, basically now you know you get about 4 sexual misconduct/assault allegations per 1 game suspension. This precedent should really ease a lot of stress for any player that’s wondering how much they can get away with. But if you even look at a sports betting website you are absolutely done.
NFL I believe only presented 4 cases to the arbitrator out of all the accusations, and had trouble showing any evidence of coercion.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I saw this somewhere and it made me laugh: if he were caught with FanDuel on his phone while getting his massages, he would have gotten 2 years.
It's a travesty that Watson gets 6 games with 24 allegations of sexual misconduct, while Calvin Ridley got a year for utilizing the services of one of the NFL's advertising partners.

But they already set the tone of this 12 years ago with Rothlisberger getting 6 games. Just a terrible look.

The Rochester Rocket

Feb 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The NFL still has the option to appeal the judge's ruling which would probably be made by Goodell for a longer suspension. The NFLPA does not want that and I don't have much faith in Roger.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I haven't followed this closely but I wonder if the fact Watson was essentially ''suspended'' from playing games for all of 2021 played a part in Robinson's determination here?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's a travesty that Watson gets 6 games with 24 allegations of sexual misconduct, while Calvin Ridley got a year for utilizing the services of one of the NFL's advertising partners.

But they already set the tone of this 12 years ago with Rothlisberger getting 6 games. Just a terrible look.
Suspensions for betting are explicitly outlined in the CBA though

I haven't followed this closely but I wonder if the fact Watson was essentially ''suspended'' from playing games for all of 2021 played a part in Robinson's determination here?
He was still getting paid, so it shouldn’t.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The NFL still has the option to appeal the judge's ruling which would probably be made by Goodell for a longer suspension. The NFLPA does not want that and I don't have much faith in Roger.
They appeal they likely end up in federal court with all the dirty laundry about Snyder and Kraft being aired daily.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They also run the likelihood that he plays on opening day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad