Player Discussion Claude Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is it? I feel like this type of stuff happens overnight, they might be better off shifting their operational hours forward.
I'm just guessing here, but generally non emergency reports are not considered time sensitive. This is a bit more unique.

Car manufacturers should start putting a report stolen option in the apps, if you can remote lock from and app, why not remote it into limp mode with the car alarm going off.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Ay5vjx0CYAAB-L3.jpg

Someone caught a photo of the suspect.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The office to report that particular type of non emergency crime is closed until 10?

1) but their hours of operation are 8AM-6PM when you google (and this is from their site, not google)

2) considering your car is either totaled or on a port within hours, I'd call this more of an emergency.

3) if they don't consider it an emergency, I'm calling the police and telling them I'm chasing the guy so they get involved right away lol

4) if things that are very time important like car theft are not considered emergencies, then they need to expand their hours to 24/7. The idea that if some people steal your car in broad daylight at 6:15, that the police won't get to it until 8, or apparently 10am the next day, if that, sounds crazy.

No wonder car thieves have it easy. Control the ports... Police give you a 16 hour headstart... What could go wrong?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol Chabot knows what's up. Chance to get the insurance payout and refresh the ride. Minor inconvenience.

That makes me think. I'm surprised he doesn't have a gated property with like a 4 car garage or something. Isn't he worth 50M+?
Ya a little odd to me, how does this even happen. I would assume he doesn't just live in a regular house with an accessible walk up driveway.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
1) but their hours of operation are 8AM-6PM when you google (and this is from their site, not google)

2) considering your car is either totaled or on a port within hours, I'd call this more of an emergency.

3) if they don't consider it an emergency, I'm calling the police and telling them I'm chasing the guy so they get involved right away lol

4) if things that are very time important like car theft are not considered emergencies, then they need to expand their hours to 24/7. The idea that if some people steal your car in broad daylight at 6:15, that the police won't get to it until 8, or apparently 10am the next day, if that, sounds crazy.

No wonder car thieves have it easy. Control the ports... Police give you a 16 hour headstart... What could go wrong?
BRB gone stealing a car

Reactions: bicboi64

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Ya a little odd to me, how does this even happen. I would assume he doesn't just live in a regular house with an accessible walk up driveway.

This is Ottawa not West Palm Beach. These guys all live in nice but normal houses with regular driveways off accessible streets, whether in Westboro, Kanata or Carp.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It was the non-emergency number not 9-11 lol

Still....I can call OPP at 2 am and report anything, and they're at my door in 15 minutes. And I'm in the middle of nowhere.

It's insane to think the city (our freaking capital city!) don't get the same level of service.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stolen cars is an epidemic in Canada right now.

300+ cars a night are stolen just in Ontario. They don't chase the guys it's getting so common.

They take the highway and drive straight from Ottawa to Montreal. Once the cars are at the port police can't do anything because it's out of their jurisdiction.

Even in Toronto they steal them and bring them to the trainyards where OPP doesn't have jurisdiction either.

It's crazy.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Someone's gonna end up chasing down and lighting up one of these thieves, and then OPP and OPS will decide to start doing something meaningful about it lol

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
This is Ottawa not West Palm Beach. These guys all live in nice but normal houses with regular driveways off accessible streets, whether in Westboro, Kanata or Carp.

His career earnings is actually almost 100m (I looked it up)

Plenty of big mansions in Ottawa with gated driveways. There's even some in Orleans and Orleans is just Orleans.

Then there's actually quite a few along the river. Then some more outside of Cumberland. Nice 2-4 million dollar homes with a gated driveway.

This isn't even counting rockliffe or manotick or rich places in Kanata.

I hear there's a lot more rich places in the west end than the east end, and the east end has plenty.

At the very least you would think he has one of those 3-4 car garages where he would keep his expensive rides sheltered permanently.

Still....I can call OPP at 2 am and report anything, and they're at my door in 15 minutes. And I'm in the middle of nowhere.

It's insane to think the city (our freaking capital city!) don't get the same level of service.

Same. At my cottage across the river, we've reported stuff at 2 am and they're there at 2:30am to write down a police report and were also 30 mins from anything.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Someone's gonna end up chasing down and lighting up one of these thieves, and then OPP and OPS will decide to start doing something meaningful about it lol

I wouldn't necessarily blame the OPP and OPS. Many of the politicians in the cities where car theft is an epidemic have decided that it's a "victimless crime" and primarily affects the affluent so who cares. They have insurance, right?

The unfortunate part is that car theft is usually just one arm of criminal organizations who are also engaged in other more serious crimes that are harder to uncover, like drug and human trafficking. So if you started getting them on car theft, maybe you could shut down some of the other stuff too...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wouldn't necessarily blame the OPP and OPS. Many of the politicians in the cities where car theft is an epidemic have decided that it's a "victimless crime" and primarily affects the affluent so who cares. They have insurance, right?

The unfortunate part is that car theft is usually just one arm of criminal organizations who are also engaged in other more serious crimes that are harder to uncover, like drug and human trafficking. So if you started getting them on car theft, maybe you could shut down some of the other stuff too...
With the Montreal port strike, maybe they have more time to inspect the sea containers and locate some stolen cars at the port.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad