Value of: Claude Giroux to Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Being reported by NRD that Fletcher has the price set very high right now (understandably).

Good top young prospect forward that can step in and play immediately.
B level prospect
1st

so
Pelletier
Phillips
1st

Reactions: captainpaxil

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I can imagine the Flyers would have a high price on G, especially if they're going to eat $$.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Being reported by NRD that Fletcher has the price set very high right now (understandably).

B level prospect
1st

so
Pelletier
Phillips
1st
You can ask anything. The Flames is not in the position to give that much.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

B level prospect
1st

so
Pelletier
Phillips
1st

Why couldn't the Sens get that with Stone in a sign/trade? That price is set very high, no doubt

Ledge And Dairy

B level prospect
1st

so
Pelletier
Phillips
1st
People thinking they are getting Pelletier for a rental are out of their minds. Maybe go look up the AHL leaderboard first

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah and the Flames is not one player from winning it all

I like the Flames this year. They are rolling lines and are gritty in the trenches where they got pieces that can burn you offensively. I can see them doing damage like the Habs did but I agree, I would not mortgage the future for a Pending UFA at this point in time.

* Flames are top 5 in team Defense
* Flames are 13th in team Offense
* Flames are 10th in PP%
* Flames are 5th in PK%

You could use Giroux but not at that cost.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I like the Flames this year. They are rolling lines and are gritty in the trenches where they got pieces that can burn you offensively. I can see them doing damage like the Habs did but I agree, I would not mortgage the future for a Pending UFA at this point in time.

* Flames are top 5 in team Defense
* Flames are 13th in team Offense
* Flames are 10th in PP%
* Flames are 5th in PK%

You could use Giroux but not at that cost.

I agreed, they have a shot but they are not going to be a favorite because of a 33 yrs old guy. Not worth the risk. Now I would have done it for Eichel, but not Giroux one and done.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
People thinking they are getting Pelletier for a rental are out of their minds. Maybe go look up the AHL leaderboard first
People thinking you are getting one of the best players in the league for nothing short of an overpayment are also out of their minds.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
People thinking you are getting one of the best players in the league for nothing short of an overpayment are also out of their minds.
I like Giroux. I'd probably have him slightly higher than Taylor Hall. Hall returned a warm body and a 2nd round pick. I think Giroux returns a 1st, but you're asking for the 2nd leading scorer in the AHL at 20 years old, another top 10 AHL scorer and a 1st. That's comparable to the Eichel return for 3 months of Giroux.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I like Giroux. I'd probably have him slightly higher than Taylor Hall. Hall returned a warm body and a 2nd round pick. I think Giroux returns a 1st, but you're asking for the 2nd leading scorer in the AHL at 20 years old, another top 10 AHL scorer and a 1st. That's comparable to the Eichel return for 3 months of Giroux.
Eichel should’ve gotten more…flyers don’t have to accept less because sabres didn’t get more tf

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

I remember thinking this before we traded pending UFA Jarome Iginla, also in his mid thirties. Good times.

Giroux is definitely worth at least one A asset and something else fairly close. Don't think he'll bring in a haul much more than that.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
If Giroux is willing to waive to come up north, and Fletcher is willing to trade him (their core and contract situation does not suggest a rebuild, but he could always resign after I guess)

Flyers would have to retain and take cap back for the deal to work. That would make the price really high and not pretty for Calgary.

Best case scenario would be luring Fletcher away from the big 3 (Zary, Pelletier and Coronato). The 4th and 5th ranked CGY prospects are goalies, which wouldn't make sense - enter Matt Philips at 6.

To CGY: Giroux @ whatever retention is necessary, quick math says about 25-30%

To PHI: Matt Philips, 2021 first (CGY) and 2021 2nd (later of the 2 they have), Nikita Zadorov (cap purposes).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Any opinions from Flyers fans on the below?

Monahan @ ~6.4M
2021 1st
2021 4th

for

Giroux @ ~6.4M (23% retained)

I posted it earlier in the thread and Flames fans seemed okay with it, but didn't get any feedback from Flyers fans?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

B level prospect
1st

so
Pelletier
Phillips
1st

Flames, or any team for that matter, aren't giving up a prospect like Pelletier for a 33 year old rental. Pelletier looks like he will be a legit NHLer. Trading away cost controlled higher end prospects is a surefire way to mess up your franchise long term.

Phillips is a reasonable ask.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

Monahan @ ~6.4M
2021 1st
2021 4th

for

I posted it earlier in the thread and Flames fans seemed okay with it, but didn't get any feedback from Flyers fans?

There is a reason for this. If Fletcher sees Monahan as a potential reclamation project, the above deal would be accepted by 98% of the CGY fan base.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Well there goes all of your credibility. Hall can't hold Giroux's jock.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
If Giroux is willing to waive to come up north, and Fletcher is willing to trade him (their core and contract situation does not suggest a rebuild, but he could always resign after I guess)

Flyers would have to retain and take cap back for the deal to work. That would make the price really high and not pretty for Calgary.

Best case scenario would be luring Fletcher away from the big 3 (Zary, Pelletier and Coronato). The 4th and 5th ranked CGY prospects are goalies, which wouldn't make sense - enter Matt Philips at 6.

To CGY: Giroux @ whatever retention is necessary, quick math says about 25-30%

To PHI: Matt Philips, 2021 first (CGY) and 2021 2nd (later of the 2 they have), Nikita Zadorov (cap purposes).

Why would flyers take back zadorov when they can just retain more of G's salary and charge a higher price?

Yes a 6th best prospect and a very late 1st for the best player and captain of the flyers. Sounds reasonable.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Why would flyers take back zadorov when they can just retain more of G's salary and charge a higher price?

Yes a 6th best prospect and a very late 1st for the best player and captain of the flyers. Sounds reasonable.

What would the counter offer be?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Monahan @ ~6.4M
2021 1st
2021 4th

for

I can see Fletcher doing it as he holds onto false hope that this team can ever make noise in the playoffs.

Me personally? I'd rather get a high end prospect and reset the compete window.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I can see Fletcher doing it as he holds onto false hope that this team can ever make noise in the playoffs.

Me personally? I'd rather get a high end prospect and reset the compete window.
Would replacing the two picks with Pelletier be sufficient?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad