Civilization VII

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I liked Midnight Suns but it really requires you to be vested in the MCU characters a great deal, since so much of the game is relationship building and cinematics.

The actual tactical math of the combat was kind of fun though it does get repetitive eventually.

It's another one of those games where I'm right at the end and stopped for some reason.

What's great about X-Com is that it is fairly replayable (although those surprises on the scripted missions are only fun once), and that the graphics are serviceable enough and don't really matter.

Reactions: Seedtype

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Seeing as basically all the XCOM staff are gone now, I don't have much hope for an XCOM 3, at least not in the way it *could* have been done with the core development team.
I read yesterday that a bunch of the XCOM staff went on to form a studio named Bit Reactor and are working on a Star Wars tactical strategy game. I'll try to find the article. Here it is:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I read yesterday that a bunch of the XCOM staff went on to form a studio named Bit Reactor and are working on a Star Wars tactical strategy game. I'll try to find the article. Here it is:
This is awesome thanks.

if it ends up being like Xcom with Star Wars IP attached...
1000005782.jpg

As for the topic at hand, I'll definitely buy and play Civ 7. But I mirror most comments here, it felt like Civ 6 just came out, I've barely played it. I see thats not true, but just how it feels. Civ 5 is easily the standard for me, I've got apparently over 3000 hours in Civ 5 according to steam haha.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
As for the topic at hand, I'll definitely buy and play Civ 7. But I mirror most comments here, it felt like Civ 6 just came out, I've barely played it. I see thats not true, but just how it feels. Civ 5 is easily the standard for me, I've got apparently over 3000 hours in Civ 5 according to steam haha.
I don't know if I feel quite the same but maybe it's because unlike IV and V we never got that peak end game Civ. Where they finish up the base game with a final expansion pack then the modding community goes to town improving the game even more. With Civ VI after Brave New World released they basically shut out the broader modding community to release a sequence of mini-expansions with 2 new leaders and an optional game mode.

Anyways for now in the 4x genre I'm more excited about Ara: History Untold that's coming out in September. There's been a few attempts to dethrone Civ in recent years so we'll see if this one sticks.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Thanks for this.

Interesting article... definitely does not inspire me with confidence for what they're doing. Using Star Wars IP and referencing the Jedi Survivor / Fallen Order series is not really my jam.

Don't get me wrong - loved KOTOR I and II back in the day. But I loved XCOM precisely because it was its own IP, and you started with a rag tag group of nobodies and built them into a full on death squad. I loved that aspect.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
THis could be really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad