Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Tanev was trying to get himself included in a trade? Source?

Ive never heard of a player going to their gm and going 'hey, I hear you are trading our C.. can I be included in the trade, I'd rather play for another team'??? How does a player try to get themselves included in a trade???

I think considering the history between Tanev and the Canucks, and his upcoming UFA status, he could have just said "Hey boss, I understand I'm gonna get traded, can it please be to Vancouver?"

Reactions: Czechboy

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ftr.. huge oilers fan and I think we need to add to be a legit cup threat. I also want Tanev big time.

But I'll try and answer what has changed to make us better because we are better imo.

New coach
Skinner is no longer a rookie and we got rid of Campbell pretty early on
Bouch had 40 points in 82 games last year and has 43 points in 46 games so far this year... Almost double his production and is a Top 5 scoring Dman.
Full season of Ek as he was a trade deadline acquisition
Hyman is killing it beyond most people's reasonable expectations
Known prick Cory Perry is now on our side
VD has improved
McLeod has improved
Foegele is on a career year too

Potential improvements to come... Holloway and Bro may still make some noise. Longshot but not completely out to lunch either.

Still need a RHD exactly like Tanev. Still need a backup to Skinner. Still got time to make both happen. I'm not saying we are there but those are some changes from last year that are helping us this year.

Foegele is really the only one with a noticable stat improvement. Rest are just shuffling who was on the PP.

Guys are on a heat streak, no doubt about it. I just don't buy Stuart as the best goalie in the league as he's, hell 8 weeks ago you guys were trying to get rid of him.

I've been wrong before but meh, I see the same team as last year. That's a whole lot of internal improvement from a bunch from guys who've been in the league for a while.

Knights in 6 round one.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I think considering the history between Tanev and the Canucks, and his upcoming UFA status, he could have just said "Hey boss, I understand I'm gonna get traded, can it please be to Vancouver?"

Starts with 'not confirming'... I don't disagree with the second part and can definitely see that happening. I just can't think of a scenario where a player catches wind of a trade and contacts the GM and says include me in that trade. I totally get how a player might say please here for whatever reason.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Starts with 'not confirming'... I don't disagree with the second part and can definitely see that happening. I just can't think of a scenario where a player catches wind of a trade and contacts the GM and says include me in that trade. I totally get how a player might say please here for whatever reason.

Yeah, I think Twitter just isn't a good place for that kind of nuance. Generally, I think Cam Robinson is pretty trustworthy, and Tanev trying to get himself included has become a meme now.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I think Twitter just isn't a good place for that kind of nuance. Generally, I think Cam Robinson is pretty trustworthy, and Tanev trying to get himself included has become a meme now.
I think it was just written poorly and was meant to convey Vancouver was trying to get Tanev in the deal too,l which matches what other reports have said.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Foegele is really the only one with a noticable stat improvement. Rest are just shuffling who was on the PP.

Guys are on a heat streak, no doubt about it. I just don't buy Stuart as the best goalie in the league as he's, hell 8 weeks ago you guys were trying to get rid of him.

I've been wrong before but meh, I see the same team as last year. That's a whole lot of internal improvement from a bunch from guys who've been in the league for a while.

Knights in 6 round one.
Bouch doubling his point total is not significant? Going from 40 to potentially 80 points is real significant for a Dman. It's real significant for a winger or a C.

When did I say Stuart is the best goalie in the league? When did anyone say that? Only time I read that is when a fan is trolling. Eg.

Oil fan says 'Stu has settled in and is playing great now;
Troll fan says 'hey look everyone, these guys think Stu is Hasek'

I know Demko has a post on the mains talking about Vezina. I know that Hill has one too! I know Oettinger had one last year. I haven't seen the Stu one.

Who's playing the Knights in round 1? I didn't know the playoff schedule was released.

Mcleod and Bouch have not been in the league for a while. Bouch is 24 and in the middle of his third full season. Same for McLeod. But I agree, those internal improvements are exactly that.. improvements. The only one you could say was not expected is Hyman finding a new gear as he's been in the league awhile. VD is a rookie. Hollo is a rookie. Bro is a rookie. Hyman fits that narrative.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I definitely read one that said Hughes asked for Tanev. Can't remember who though.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I think it was just written poorly and was meant to convey Vancouver was trying to get Tanev in the deal too,l which matches what other reports have said.

If so, that seems like an incredibly stupid way to phrase that, like you'd have to go out of your way to be that misleading.

I definitely read one that said Hughes asked for Tanev. Can't remember who though.

Yeah, this definitely happened, but this has been ongoing for years, Hughes, Pettersson, and Boeser all called him dad and lived with him and his wife.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If so, that seems like an incredibly stupid way to phrase that, like you'd have to go out of your way to be that misleading.

Yeah, this definitely happened, but this has been ongoing for years, Hughes, Pettersson, and Boeser all called him dad and lived with him and his wife.
FTR.. if Nuck's pick up RHD's Tanev and Hronek in under a year while my Oil still have Ceci on the right side, I will be pissed.lol

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
All it takes is being distracted and missing a word

The reason I'm hesitant to believe that is because the tweet that Cam is responding to is a response to Cam's own tweet where he phrased it like a normal person.

FTR.. if Nuck's pick up RHD's Tanev and Hronek in under a year while my Oil still have Ceci on the right side, I will be pissed.lol

If it's any consolation, Tanev never wanted to leave Vancouver so if he's given a choice between trade destinations he may pick Vancouver anyways. He was also in Vancouver for the 2011 finals, and he may feel more strongly about bringing a cup back to Vancouver than winning for a team he has no connection to, especially because his "kids" all play here.

As for Hronek, he allegedly wasn't actually put on the market, Alvin inquired about him originally a year before the trade came about. Alvin told Yzerman that if he intends to make a move to call him first.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The reason I'm hesitant to believe that is because the tweet that Cam is responding to is a response to Cam's own tweet where he phrased it like a normal person.

If it's any consolation, Tanev never wanted to leave Vancouver so if he's given a choice between trade destinations he may pick Vancouver anyways. He was also in Vancouver for the 2011 finals, and he may feel more strongly about bringing a cup back to Vancouver than winning for a team he has no connection to, especially because his "kids" all play here.

As for Hronek, he allegedly wasn't actually put on the market, Alvin inquired about him originally a year before the trade came about. Alvin told Yzerman that if he intends to make a move to call him first.

I'm aware but Holland and Yzerman are buds.lol

I totally agree Tanev would pick the Nucks over the Oilers. The Flames probably would prefer that too.haha

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
could he be a good pickup for the oilers/jets?
Oilers definitely, Jets not so much. Jets needed Lindholm. If Monahan is their center move they're out first round. I don't want Tanev going to Edmonton. Send them a forward...haha

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Tanev isn't going to save their season. Half their roster has changed since their Cup wins, it's not the same team anymore. Everyone wanted to get paid and that's what happens. If they were smart they'd trade Stamkos and Hedman now and bring in a bunch of draft picks/prospects. Instead they'll probably hold onto both players and get nothing for them or re-sign them to expensive deals and they'll end up like the Penguins.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Do they have any assets? Will they make the playoffs? Not saying the fit isn't there, just wondering if they don't punt on the season.
They own the following picks as I believe you can trade picks for 5 years. Frankly get their 2026 first, could be smart as I think the Bolts may start going downhill in a couple years and they pick could end up being for a non-playoff team.

2024: 3, 5 7, 7 (CHI), 7 (MIN)
2025: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 (MIN)
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
2027: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
2028: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

They've got a couple prospects in Isaac Howard and Ethan Gauthier that I think would he interesting for us.

There are also guys like Jeannot & Brown that kinda fit the Sharangovich/Kuzmenko mould as they are youngish players that are struggling (and in this case also currently injured) and we may be able to pluck them for cheaper and potentially flip them next year if they bounce back with us.

Tanev isn't going to save their season. Half their roster has changed since their Cup wins, it's not the same team anymore. Everyone wanted to get paid and that's what happens. If they were smart they'd trade Stamkos and Hedman now and bring in a bunch of draft picks/prospects. Instead they'll probably hold onto both players and get nothing for them or re-sign them to expensive deals and they'll end up like the Penguins.
Tanev may not, but wouldn't it be fun if they said f*** it and traded for both Tanev and Hanifin? It'd finish depleting their draft and prospect capital for the next few years. But it'd be quite interesting and is possible under the cap since combined they only make 950k more than Sergachev.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Tanev seems a perfect fit for Dallas.

Today's game a prime example Dallas need a top 4 D top up. Get that they have pieces to win it.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Oilers definitely, Jets not so much. Jets needed Lindholm. If Monahan is their center move they're out first round. I don't want Tanev going to Edmonton. Send them a forward...haha
Avs can make a play for Tanev and load their D . Screw the 2 C

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I think everyone in Tampa knows that Stamkos and Hedman are the passengers at this point. I don't think they'll be signed to anything expensive on their next deals. The players either sign low cap deals or move on. But I can't imagine them asking the players to waive their NMC's either. Or in Hedman's case trading him out of the blue. I don't think they'll bring it up, they'll just wait out the contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad