Value of: Chris Tanev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It sounds like Toronto and Calgary are in talks we will see if it leads to anything
There a source?

I'm not doubting you saw/heard it somewhere, just want to know how seriously I should take it.

Then again the Leafs have been tied to Tanev from day 1.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There a source?

I'm not doubting you saw/heard it somewhere, just want to know how seriously I should take it.

Then again the Leafs have been tied to Tanev from day 1.

I mean I take it somewhat seriously because like you said they have been tied to him from day 1, we know for a fact that they tried to get both Zadorov and Tanev once already.

As for the source I saw Sam Tirpak post it.

Admittedly I'm not fully familiar with him but I've heard his name enough that he appears to have some level of credibility I'm just not sure how much but I do believe there is some.

Like I said though we know for a fact Treliving has tried at least once already.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I mean I take it somewhat seriously because like you said they have been tied to him from day 1, we know for a fact that they tried to get both Zadorov and Tanev once already.

As for the source I saw Sam Tirpak post it.

Admittedly I'm not fully familiar with him but I've heard his name enough that he appears to have some level of credibility I'm just not sure how much but I do believe there is some.

Like I said though we know for a fact Treliving has tried at least once already.
Yeah, I just mean more as something new, I worded it poorly as my mind is pretty jumbled recently.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think Toronto is probably the front runner as they’ll likely be forced to move their 1st to get him as they don’t have any upcoming seconds. I think for them it largely comes down to whether they can re-sign him and if it makes sense to move a 1st for a 34 year old, 2nd pairing defenseman.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
They are more likely to go for Hanafin, he fits their current defensive... makeup better.

Hanifin- Heiskanen
Harley-Hakanpaa
H'lindell-Hanley
Agreed on Dallas and Hanifin. They have the right pieces for Calgary too in a trade scenario.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
I sure hope not. Tanev is NOT worth a 1st. No way.
Tanev, IMO, will only be traded if a 1st is included. But you likely have nothing to worry about, its never been Tre's MO to trade a 1st for a rental, only for players with term left, so i doubt he will make that kind of move now unless he's really pushing all his chips in (not a great idea anyway considering the Leafs performance this year).

But.... make no mistake, Tanev is worth a 1st from someone, and will likely get one or he will re-sign in Calgary.

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Tanev, IMO, will only be traded if a 1st is included. But you likely have nothing to worry about, its never been Tre's MO to trade a 1st for a rental, only for players with term left, so i doubt he will make that kind of move now unless he's really pushing all his chips in (not a great idea anyway considering the Leafs performance this year).

But.... make no mistake, Tanev is worth a 1st from someone, and will likely get one or he will re-sign in Calgary.
I think Calgary should keep him as their own rental. Team plays hard and could get in and pull off an upset. I could see them beating the Canucks in the playoffs

Reactions: HitterD

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
I think Calgary should keep him as their own rental. Team plays hard and could get in and pull off an upset. I could see them beating the Canucks in the playoffs
Yeah that's about the most Flames thing that could happen lol. But seriously, there's been talk here in Calgary that Tanev may just re-sign in the offseason even if traded. With the team 1 point out of a playoff spot after winning 3 straight games, it makes it harder to unload the remaining UFA's (already traded Zadorov, Lindholm and Toffoli from the UFA crop).

If it was me, I'd re-sign Hanifin if he's willing, and Trade Tanev even if the Flames are in a playoff spot, and take my chances.

Getting Kylington back mid-season has also helped soften that blow.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

His demand was 4 years apparently. Conroy rightfully balked at that. Love the player, have zero interest in that many years.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah that's about the most Flames thing that could happen lol. But seriously, there's been talk here in Calgary that Tanev may just re-sign in the offseason even if traded. With the team 1 point out of a playoff spot after winning 3 straight games, it makes it harder to unload the remaining UFA's (already traded Zadorov, Lindholm and Toffoli from the UFA crop).

If it was me, I'd re-sign Hanifin if he's willing, and Trade Tanev even if the Flames are in a playoff spot, and take my chances.

Getting Kylington back mid-season has also helped soften that blow.
yes I mean it's contingent on if Hamifin decides to sign. If the Flames are getting a 1st might be hard not to trade him bit if the offers aren't that ( which I'm sure they will be ) I'd keep him.

No rush , see how the team is going but playoff time but if the going is good 9d be tempted to just use him as your own rental like I say.

As an Avs fan I thought of going for Tanev and run him with Byram but we cannot spare a 1st for depth d with the 2C and goaltending issues and lack of 2nd rounders.

Hope the Flames get in and cause havoc for all but the Avs.

The way the Avs look they aren't going far anyways. Worst goaltending tandem in the league and no idea on Landy and Nuke who are imperative. The Avs record with and without Nuke is astonishing

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
The only way imo Tanev comes to the Leafs is in a bigger trade.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
yes I mean it's contingent on if Hamifin decides to sign. If the Flames are getting a 1st might be hard not to trade him bit if the offers aren't that ( which I'm sure they will be ) I'd keep him.

No rush , see how the team is going but playoff time but if the going is good 9d be tempted to just use him as your own rental like I say.

As an Avs fan I thought of going for Tanev and run him with Byram but we cannot spare a 1st for depth d with the 2C and goaltending issues and lack of 2nd rounders.

Hope the Flames get in and cause havoc for all but the Avs.

The way the Avs look they aren't going far anyways. Worst goaltending tandem in the league and no idea on Landy and Nuke who are imperative. The Avs record with and without Nuke is astonishing

The Avs would be an ideal destination for Markstrom if they could afford him. May as well hand them the cup in that case with the way Markstrom is playing this year.

The Flames could be dangerous if they get in with a team full of youth and callups, nothing to lose. but most importantly, I think Conroy is playing this trade deadline perfectly. He has set his price on his assets, and if the price is met he will trade them a month before the deadline. If not, well, lets be patient and see what happens. He's giving me a lot of confidence right now

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I sure hope not. Tanev is NOT worth a 1st. No way.
He isn’t really, but Toronto has already traded away their next 3 2nd rounders. And Tanev is definitely worth more than a 3rd. So that leaves the Leafs’ 1st If they want him.

Mar 26, 2010
He isn’t really, but Toronto has already traded away their next 3 2nd rounders. And Tanev is definitely worth more than a 3rd. So that leaves the Leafs’ 1st If they want him.
Tanev is a UFA in 30 games Literally, and going on 34 yo. Yeah, 1st ain’t not happening.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Tanev is a UFA in 30 games Literally, and going on 34 yo. Yeah, 1st ain’t not happening.
I think he has a shot at bringing back a 1st. At minimum it'll be a 2nd and 3rd. How far away from that is a late 1st in a draft that's about 15 players deep at the top? A 2023 1st in a draft that's got 50 usual 1st round talents is very different than a 2024 1st where there is 15 usual 1st round talents.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The Avs would be an ideal destination for Markstrom if they could afford him. May as well hand them the cup in that case with the way Markstrom is playing this year.

The Flames could be dangerous if they get in with a team full of youth and callups, nothing to lose. but most importantly, I think Conroy is playing this trade deadline perfectly. He has set his price on his assets, and if the price is met he will trade them a month before the deadline. If not, well, lets be patient and see what happens. He's giving me a lot of confidence right now
Well the Avs don't look good with Nuke out but yeah what do you think the price would be for Markstrom ?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Did you already forget how much the Leafs paid for O'Reilly?
Tanev will get a 1st or a 2nd plus because GMs don't care how old he's going to be. Can he still be a solid piece to win in the playoffs? The answer is yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad