Value of: Chicago wants your young 2C

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Morgan Frost fits bill

Appears to be back in Torts doghouse and struggling to start year

What would Flyers needs be? And what is fair value from Hawks for a guy who has shown potential but still struggles with consistency?

Acquiring Frost would improve Hawks C situation and make it so we dont have to rush Nazer into role

Bedard
Frost
Nazer
Dickinson

Down middle at some point this season/next year could be nice for Hawks

Assets available to trade: Lukas Reichel, Kevin Korchinski, the rights to Sacha Boisvert, 2025 Leafs 1st round pick

Its getting tired at this point your routine

Davidson just drafted Boisvert and was downright giddy he was there when Hawks drafted him. He is not trading him months after

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Morgan Frost fits bill

Appears to be back in Torts doghouse and struggling to start year

What would Flyers needs be? And what is fair value from Hawks for a guy who has shown potential but still struggles with consistency?

Acquiring Frost would improve Hawks C situation and make it so we dont have to rush Nazer into role

Bedard
Frost
Nazer
Dickinson

Down middle at some point this season/next year could be nice for Hawks

Its getting tired at this point your routine

Davidson just drafted Boisvert and was downright giddy he was there when Hawks drafted him. He is not trading him months after
I’m not a flyers fan but frost is definitely not in torts doghouse. He is the flyers 1C with no competition for it. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he is playing thru an injury. He looked to be in pain with his shoulder in the Vancouver game but he hasn’t taken any time off.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why would anyone want to trade a young 2C without a massive overpayment?

Why would the Blackhawks trade assets away? It’s dumb.
2C is a position of value. So, doubtful Reichel as a pure winger is seen with the same value that a C would return, unless a team believe Reichel was destined to be a 1st line winger.

Sacha Boisvert, not sure what team would move a 24-25 year old for a freshman in college and wait for the kid unless the team was about to embark on a long rebuild.
Korchinski is a D. Always find it odd when a team opts to play a 19 year in the NHL vs leave them in the CHL and then when eligible, sends them to the A at 20.

Realistically, you're pretty much limited to the likes of a Cody Glass type situation to get a young C, a guy who is no longer waiver exempt, that just hasn't found his way in the NHL. There is really no reason for a team to move off a young 2C. Same goes for any other position. Even Detroit, didn't move off Larkin while they were bad and rebuilding. I'd imagine Det got calls on him, but opted to keep him, despite the long rebuild.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
2C?

debatable
I actually think part of the issue is Anaheim is trying to play him as a winger…. He’s much more comfortable/better at center.

As a center he has b2b 60+ point seasons(on a very terrible team) which is right on par with a 2c…. Issue is Anaheim for whatever reason refuses to play him there.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I actually think part of the issue is Anaheim is trying to play him as a winger…. He’s much more comfortable/better at center.

As a center he has b2b 60+ point seasons which is right on par with a 2c…. Issue is Anaheim for whatever reason refuses to play him there.
But he's bad at face-offs & defense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
But he's bad at face-offs & defense.
Faceoffs to me is something that is pretty fixable on a young player.... i dont think it should be a huge determining factor vs talent ( Bedard has a career face off percentage of 38%, carlsson 34%, fantilli 44% ).... i think its 1 of those aspects that you get better as you get older and get the reps.

Defensively he is not nearly as bad as people try to make him out to be.... and def a part of his game hes improved in throughout his careers so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad