Post-Game Talk: Chicago Blackhawks at New York Rangers - January 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Why the f*** does Hayes continue to ride the bench on the PP?!?!? He is one of the best puck possession and passers we have on this team but yet DD is racking up all the PP time. WAKE THE f*** UP AV.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
You don't think all the turnovers Nash causes, especially on the PK are a huge help? He has been snake bitten like a mofo with scoring, but he has been an effective player. I see him giving 100% and making mistakes no more than any other player. And he is big and can go against opposing big guys, he has a lot of good qualities. He is not the reason we lose games. You're all being very unreasonable if you think Rick Nash is the reason we are losing games. It has a lot more to do with the goals we give up, also we've been missing Kreider, even though that kid who replaced him scored (and was benched tonight). Just chill the fukk out and look forward to a fun game in Arizona in 3 days. I'm sure they will get their sh!t together after probably doing quite a bit of partying over the holidays.
That is the biggest fallacy that I've seen on these boards. No one is snakebitten for three straight seasons.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This may come off as an overreaction to one game, but this team really needs to be sellers at the deadline.

This team isn't winning anything this year. Without Hank standing on his head, we are exactly what we were the first month of the season. Bad.
we sure as hell better not be buyers

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What kind of chicken **** analysis is this? Jeff Glass won the game? What ****ing game did these idiots watch? That was utter domination
Pierre was going ape shit about Glass at every whistle. We had what, MAYBE 3 scoring chances at 5v5?

What a completely pathetic effort. Even if the Hawks played well, the Rangers didn’t apply anything resembling a consistent attack at any point.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Why the **** does Hayes continue to ride the bench on the PP?!?!? He is one of the best puck possession and passers we have on this team but yet DD is racking up all the PP time. WAKE THE **** UP AV.

Clearly AV is saving him for the defensive matchup he keeps failing to get. At home.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Worst passing, shooting a reading team in the league.

Wow that was an embarrassingly AWFUL performance.

I remember going to the garden as a kid and being amazed by how well they skated and passed and how hard their shots were.

This was like watching pee wee hockey... everyone chase the puck... yay!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Taking Miller out of the middle was a huge mistake.

You have to go back to trying 27 and 22 together and hope they control the play because this shit isn’t working

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I disagree. He’s great on the PK. He creates chances.

Does he make too much money? Yes.

I’m just not sure you would be getting enough back in a deal, especially with his scoring drought. I think you just give him specific roles, decrease his ice time, move him down. Kreider going down hurts.

I wish Vinny would get more of a look, but an injury would be needed.

Truth is, the team just really needs more from its Top 6 right now. The 4th line has been the best 5v5 line now for going on almost a month.

If all he's going to do is PK we might as well replace him with Lettieri

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Oh and does Miller want to play hockey anymore? If not please stop showing up to the rink. He has been brutal.

Didn't he take over a few games on that florida trip including against a very good team in tampa (maybe the best team in hockey)?!?
Guy is now going into playoff mode 2017

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Team’s gonna be buyers if they’re even close to a playoff spot at the end of Feb

They would have to legitimately flame out for them to sell

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Team’s gonna be buyers if they’re even close to a playoff spot at the end of Feb

They would have to legitimately flame out for them to sell

Unfortunately, this is true. Just hope Gorton is smart enough to realize unless we are getting crosby or malkin no one player is putting us over the top. I don't want to trade not even one draft pick

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
From the mains:

RPg90BP.png

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I miss Torts

Torts has a better team in Columbus than AV has here in ny this season and We are two points behind them with 1 game in hand. Not much more torts could do with this roster sorry to say albeit his post game interviews would be fun to watch.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Good thing Nash wants to stay in NY and the Rangers would like to keep him. That'll be fun.

Better not happen unless he takes the contract Grabner took two years ago.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Oh and does Miller want to play hockey anymore? If not please stop showing up to the rink. He has been brutal.

Miller has his moments for sure, but only Jimmy Vesey can match his 2g 1a output in the last 5 games (not including tonight). Many, many issues with this team, Miller IMO is pretty far down the list

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We have one freaking guy that can go deep and win a puck battle in the o zone and thats fast. Sometimes Boo as well. Thats pretty much it. The other guy is out of the lineup right now due to injury.

Reactions: leetch99 and darko

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Pierre was going ape **** about Glass at every whistle. We had what, MAYBE 3 scoring chances at 5v5?

What a completely pathetic effort. Even if the Hawks played well, the Rangers didn’t apply anything resembling a consistent attack at any point.
I will say that it is not an effort issue (some of the time anyway). It's this utter fecal system they play that leaves them fecal up the creek when it doesn't work.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ziba/Hayes/Miller/Boo down the middle. DD can **** off.

Although Miller stinks down the middle I agree with you better with Vinny in the lineup and Miller in the middle than DD in the lineup. We need guys with energy who can win some puck battles in the o zone. Youth and hunger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad