LeBrun: Chiarot likely to be dealt and return a 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
That would be highway robbery but if it happens hopefully some team I don't like is the sucker.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
If he's in your top 4 you aren't a contender

What if he's the most used skater on one of two teams that went to the finals just a few months ago?

Still not a top4 D lol?

Marek, Friedman, Lebrun all anticipating at least a 1st round pick but sure it would be highway robbery :rolleyes:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Trading a 1st for a bottom pairing D seems like a great way to lose your job

well on HF where many think they know so much but in reality they don't know the difference between their ass or a hole in the ground.

Chiarot was very good in the playoffs, if he's with the right partner, no reason why he can't be again. I don't really care as long as the Habs get something decent for him.

Reactions: Gravity

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
He was well worth it last playoffs. He's one mean mf. Just the kind of dman you want on your team for the tougher times.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
And Erik Gustafsson was + 3 during the playoffs.

That +/- stat is so useful...
If you want to pump up by saying a guy played 20+ minutes on a Cups Final team, then you have to acknowledge that he was outscored badly for the majority of the year on that Cup Final team.

Comparing 16 games to 41 games is so useful.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He's exactly the type of player I'd pick up before the playoffs as a rental. Fits in anywhere, brings loads of intangibles, cheap contract, lots of experience, very gritty/physical, and doesn't disrupt the top end of your team. He complements what got you there and requires no maintenance to keep your team running if there are injuries. He's not a game breaker, but he is a perfect add for an already competitive team.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
If you want to pump up by saying a guy played 20+ minutes on a Cups Final team, then you have to acknowledge that he was outscored badly for the majority of the year on that Cup Final team.

I usually like your post, but to use +/- to measure the usefulness of a player?

Lazy.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

Edmunson finished the season with a +28 and yet braindead dumb plays by him in the SCF led to two goals. regular season doesn't mean anything to GMs

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
What if he's the most used skater on one of two teams that went to the finals just a few months ago?

Still not a top4 D lol?

Marek, Friedman, Lebrun all anticipating at least a 1st round pick but sure it would be highway robbery :rolleyes:
The Habs won 24 of 56 games last season. In any other season they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs. Go ahead and pretend they were a good team though

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The Habs won 24 of 56 games last season. In any other season they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs. Go ahead and pretend they were a good team though

They beat Toronto, Winnipeg and Vegas on their way to their SC appearance. My bet is yes, they were good enough, not just good enough to win the cup.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Not the same roster and they also got hit by COVID and played 25 games in like 42 games, without being able to practice and suffering injures (which goes hand in hand). They got a week off before the playoffs. You can't fluke three rounds.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
He's a solid D. People who think he sucks or isn't a legit top 4 just don't know this game.

He's worth at the very least a 2nd round pick. I'll be very glad if we get a first.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I think our late 1st might work from edmonton. We need a lumber jack, real bad our our blue line. We need a goalie too ( not from mtl) so our first might get used up there thou...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Certainly a 50% retained Chiarot is going to return something nice to the Habs. Maybe a 1st, maybe a useful roster player with some term, or prospect and a lesser pick, that combined has similar value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad