Seravalli: Chiarot being scratched until traded?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
13225259_l-1024x947.jpg

According to my calculations. Our big dumb defensive D-man with bad advance stats is getting a 1st !:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
haha. Don't pretend that there were several Flames fans trashing Toffoli's trade value about 1-2 weeks before the trade (many trying to use the pending UFA price the Canucks paid for him as his value). If you try to defend it, you're only making yourself look like a fool by trying to defend an entire fan base who don't see it the same way.

There you go again, you try to defend the entire Flame fan base and then try to say "Montreal fans" were "convinced" that we would get Pelletier. That's a spin narrative and it's just not accurate. Not all Habs fans are united that way. If you think we are, you are out of touch with reality

Here's the actual thread:

I spent a lot of frustrating time arguing with totally delusional Habs fans. Habs fans do this with every asset they have.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Lol? Where is this narrative coming from. Flames fans were pretty universal that Toffoli was worth a 1st + B prospect (and maybe a 2nd). Montreal fans were convinced that Calgary would give up Pelletier. It's the Montreal fans that have been consistently off base.
Lot of Mtl fans were saying 1st plus for Toffoli so don't generalize. Some Calgary fans were offering less as well. Luckily nobody here makes the decisions so it is all hot air...just some hotter.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I spent a lot of frustrating time arguing with totally delusional Habs fans. Habs fans do this with every asset they have.

I don't need to waste my time. I was there too and there are more than just one thread BTW. Just like the Chiarot trade ideas now. It's all over the place.

You spend a lot of frustrating time arguing with Habs fans but you fail to realize is that you have some bad ones in your herd too where we are spending a lot of frustrating time with them. Fair is fair. Personally, I have no problem debating against Habs fans with what I personally think. Habs fans or Flames fan or Leafs fan (whatever fan base), I stay consistent and I stick to my opinion where I try my best to avoid exaggeration to prove weak points.

Back to the main point you replied to. Don't pretend that there were no Flames fans saying Toffoli was not worth a 1st rounder. It's completely false so don't try to represent them. Just like the Pelletier trade talk today... You probably think most of the Habs fan base think we will get Pelletier if we trade Chiarot to the Flames where it's basically less than 5% of our fan base. Reality

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This might fall on deaf ears. Machinehead will hear none of this
I would hear it if it was 51% and you're telling me he's worth a first.

It's 0%.

People talk about analytics not being the be-all-end-all but there's no meeting in the middle and I'm expected to believe your eye test is the be-all-end-all.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Simply that I believe that the Habs have benefited of a little push recently du to the coach change like it happens often but that comes to an end soon.
The new coach affect has not waned off for Caufield/Suzuki after more than 15 games and still going strong at present.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Leafs will not be paying a 1st for Chiarot.

Dubas has already stated previously that he will not move a 1st for a rental player. Only for a player with term.
Dubas also said his goaltending was fine not that long ago. I think I’d be taking his word with a grain of salt at this point.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Simply that I believe that the Habs have benefited of a little push recently du to the coach change like it happens often but that comes to an end soon.

Fair to some degree but MSL is more than just a fresh start. He's providing consistency in the line-up for many players and you can clearly see them producing. Ducharme was obsessed with assignments/systems and the min someone like Caufield made a mistake, he demote them to the 3rd or 4th line. That's a horrible way to develop or gain momentum. Basically a black cloud following you around waiting for your next mistake.

Even someone like Anderson was bounced all over the place. Ducharme was groomed by Julien who also bounced a lot of our forwards with no consistent spot.

Heading into this season, we were a bubble team but Ducharme clearly dug that hole for us. We say thanks for the top 5 pick and MSL will take it from here cause we have been basically playing top 15 with MSL as our coach and this with several players injured as well. Not saying we will be a playoff team next year either but you are overlooking how bad Ducharme was for us

Reactions: bleuetbio

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
To Toronto for a 1st please, I want to see the meltdown after listening to Leafs fans for weeks saying confirming they won't even give a 2nd for Chiarot.
Manson got a 2nd + Prospect, don't think Chiarot will get a 1st. I know Avs fans were high on that kid, but me personally I don't know what level of a prospect he was so kinda hard to gauge value. But I think a 2nd + small add is reasonable. I would like to use our 1st to upgrade on a better player than Chiarot.

Reactions: HEAVY DUTY

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Who said Hoffman is better than Monahan?
show me links so I can laugh at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad