Seravalli: Chiarot being scratched until traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
To Toronto for a 1st please, I want to see the meltdown after listening to Leafs fans for weeks saying confirming they won't even give a 2nd for Chiarot.
Can’t wait to see the Montreal meltdown after Chiarot gets a 2nd or 3rd as a return. Delusional to think Chiarot returns more than Manson

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
The leafs fans have no say in the matter and if their GM wants to pay a 1st plus for Chiarot then they will instantly change their tune and say it was a steal.
Not me, I won’t be happy dealing a 1st for Chiarot, but if Dubas does it, then I hope it works out.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I need somebody to explain all the interest

View attachment 515736

Use this one instead, I made it just for you

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLmufM7XsAA-LbQ?format=jpg&name=orig

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

View attachment 515736

You have to consider usage, ice time, and D zone starts. If you are trying to use stats to say he is not good defensively, you really don't know what kind of player he is. There is no way the Habs are able to go on that run without Chiarot and someone else in his spot (23-25 min a game). Those targeted stats you found can be applied to many guys like Chiarot who have 60-70% of D zone starts and are always up against the other teams best forwards.

Basically the same as Leafs fans saying Muzzin now sucks. Well, your coach is leaning on him heavy in the D zone!

How about you ask Marner and other forwards on the Leafs if they think Chiarot sucks defensively. Especially in the playoffs.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Smart move by Hughes. Chariot has been realy great on the Habs hot streak. Something tell me that St-Louis effect's is maybe gone.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

View attachment 515736

Easy, JFresh charts aren't really accurate with stay at home defenceman at all.

Unless you think Kulak was better than Weber, Chiarot, Edmunson, Manson and many other.

Cause if thats the case I'll take a first for Kulak instead.

Advanced stats in hockey are still in their early life and need to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm very much looking forward to puck/player tracking.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Evidence of that is the Toffoli trade talk. Many Flames fans saying he's not worth a 1st and after the trade, they become happy about it. Not saying the Leafs should trade their 1st for Chiarot but he is indeed worth more than just a 2nd rounder and he is a team need for the Leafs no doubt. Big boy that skates well where he can keep up with the pace of play and 50% of his cap hit is easy to fit in.

I see this top 4 as very very good (if the Leafs and Habs can agree on a trade).
Rielly / Brodie
Muzzin / Chiarot

Last trade we made at the deadline was Pleky. Probably the last deadline move the Leafs made that gave them actual value on the ice in the playoffs. Chiarot is trending much better than Pleky was (mid 30's factor) and I have no doubt Chiarot would help the Leafs a lot. Muzzin/Chiarot pairing would be scary and one darn good shutdown pairing IMO.

Lol? Where is this narrative coming from. Flames fans were pretty universal that Toffoli was worth a 1st + B prospect (and maybe a 2nd). Montreal fans were convinced that Calgary would give up Pelletier. It's the Montreal fans that have been consistently off base.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol? Where is this narrative coming from. Flames fans were pretty universal that Toffoli was worth a 1st + B prospect (and maybe a 2nd). Montreal fans were convinced that Calgary would give up Pelletier. It's the Montreal fans that have been consistently off base.

haha. Don't pretend that there were several Flames fans trashing Toffoli's trade value about 1-2 weeks before the trade (many trying to use the pending UFA price the Canucks paid for him as his value). If you try to defend it, you're only making yourself look like a fool by trying to defend an entire fan base who don't see it the same way.

There you go again, you try to defend the entire Flame fan base and then try to say "Montreal fans" were "convinced" that we would get Pelletier. That's a spin narrative and it's just not accurate. Not all Habs fans are united that way. If you think we are, you are out of touch with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad