Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago for Mikael Hakkarainen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
wonder if the recent Habs series has anything to do with Vegas management deciding to move on from Fleury or did they decide this a long time ago

serp

Jan 17, 2016
One would think that Hawks Management did their due diligence on this before completing the trade. They must have talked to him to feel this out first.

Considering Fleury found out about the trade on Twitter i don't think there was any discussion with him by either team.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I honestly don’t think Vegas has enough high end futures that will entice Buffalo. Their 1st rounders are almost guaranteed to be late so practically 2nd rounders

You honestly think Eichel is getting full value in a trade? Nobody does. They will take the best offer and that offer will be hampered by the medical issue.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was all just a ploy to get Fleurys contract off the book without retaining.

VGK: Hey Fleury do you want to help us out with our cap space?
Fleury: Sure, what do you need me to do?
VGK: Are you thinking about retiring?
Fleury: Yes
VGK: Before you do, we are going to trade you to the Hawks to get rid of your entire contract and then you can just retire
Fleury: OK
VGK: Make sure you act like you didn't know of the trade at all and just found out about it on twitter so that the league doesn't get suspicious of it.
Fleury: Lets do it.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
This was all just a ploy to get Fleurys contract off the book without retaining.

VGK: Hey Fleury do you want to help us out with our cap space?
Fleury: Sure, what do you need me to do?
VGK: Are you thinking about retiring?
Fleury: Yes
VGK: Before you do, we are going to trade you to the Hawks to get rid of your entire contract and then you can just retire
Fleury: OK
VGK: Make sure you act like you didn't know of the trade at all and just found out about it on twitter so that the league doesn't get suspicious of it.
Fleury: Lets do it.

Exactly. Fleury would have played ball for sure. And Walsh would have bent over backwards to keep that secret, too.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Kuch was right

The league doesn’t value goalies very high anymore and he makes $7m. That’s why he had no value in a trade. Simple as that

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
Man, I love what the Hawks are up to. I think they're going to surprise a lot of people next year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
One would think that Hawks Management did their due diligence on this before completing the trade. They must have talked to him to feel this out first.

At the price they paid, does it really matter?

They either have Fleury for one year, or they have the 7mil in cap space back. As long as they find out before free agency opens up tomorrow, it's gravy to them.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
E7Ua-HBVkAI_x7b

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
According to his agent, Marc-Andre will be taking time to discuss his situation with his family and seriously evaluate his hockey future at this time.
He may not report to Chicago.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
MAF think of all the deep dish pizzas you and your family could enjoy. I am huge Kane fan, would love to see Hawks go on a run and madhouse go berserk

don't retire man. Give it another go.

P.S. Am a Leafs fan but absolutely love the chicago madhouse and Kane is a freakin' beauty!

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think MAF will want to close out his career on a different team that is likely to be terrible defensively again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad