Contract Termination: [CHI] F Corey Perry contract terminated by the Blackhawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
I think that has to do more with the fact they did not protect Bedard and his family. They let the rumours get way out of control. You have to assume that had a negative effect on Bedard as he is an 18 year old kid.

They didn’t have to say what the reason was but they should have released a statement at least saying that rumour is false immediately.
Didn’t they do exactly that and say this was unrelated to any players or their family members?

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Didn’t they do exactly that and say this was unrelated to any players or their family members?

You know what? I’m actually okay with how they handled this, given the news regarding the involvement of a team employee - while still aware that this acceptance can be a long-con-type desired effect.

Davidson’s being visibly troubled at the presser, the time it took to release info for legal reasons…..it makes enough plausible sense. This could be what improves their brand, should the players move by this well enough and respond agreeably on the ice.

This whole thing was a sophomoric game of telephone. I can see why the rumours took off as they did in an “A did B to warrant reaction C” kind of fashion, and in a vacuum, I see why it was funny in a Beavis & Butthead kind of way. At the end of the day, the info given by the Blackhawks justify their moves, methods and time taken to act.

I can feel bad for the Bedard clan over this at the same time I chuckle at the absurdity and facepalm over Perry exhibiting the sort of unfiltered behaviours that make these actions necessary.

On the flipside of the coin, it’s in the best interests of the Blackhawks organization that this story dies immediately……with nothing causing tumult several years down the line which could reignite peoples’ doubts over organizational integrity.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You know what? I’m actually okay with how they handled this, given the news regarding the involvement of a team employee - while still aware that this acceptance can be a long-con-type desired effect.

Davidson’s being visibly troubled at the presser, the time it took to release info for legal reasons…..it makes enough plausible sense. This could be what improves their brand, should the players move by this well enough and respond agreeably on the ice.

This whole thing was a sophomoric game of telephone. I can see why the rumours took off as they did in an “A did B to warrant reaction C” kind of fashion, and in a vacuum, I see why it was funny in a Beavis & Butthead kind of way. At the end of the day, the info given by the Blackhawks justify their moves, methods and time taken to act.

I can feel bad for the Bedard clan over this at the same time I chuckle at the absurdity and facepalm over Perry exhibiting the sort of unfiltered behaviours that make these actions necessary.

On the flipside of the coin, it’s in the best interests of the Blackhawks organization that this story dies immediately……with nothing causing tumult several years down the line which could reignite peoples’ doubts over organizational integrity.

Yeah, what a stupid thing to put them through because of some unhinged people online. I get why Perry needs to be quiet at this time but at least get ahead of stuff like this on an 18 year old, I think Davidson did well here from pulling Perry immediately, suspending him, addressing the rumors and then terminating the contract.

Reactions: WhataKnight
Sep 18, 2009
I will say one good thing arising from the Beach incident in that Chicago is held to an extremely high standard. I’m not saying that Chicago alone is a problem in the league, but more along the lines of I’m sure many teams have swept things under the rug, paid people off, etc. Chicago can no longer do that. It’s a start and hopefully other teams will have the same impeccable standards to strive for
I have also read Henry Miller

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Yeah, what a stupid thing to put them through because of some unhinged people online. I get why Perry needs to be quiet at this time but at least get ahead of stuff like this on an 18 year old, I think Davidson did well here from pulling Perry immediately, suspending him, addressing the rumors and then terminating the contract.

Exactly. 7,000 years of “your mum/dad” jokes makes this an anthropological LOL bullseye, but in the end; the organization disclosed enough to suggest due diligence and acted.

So long as this doesn’t bubble up 9 seasons from now, the Blackhawks handled it right, and hopefully the interwebs can focus more on how Perry lapsing into his best Sterling Archer impersonation at the worst moment cost him a job rather than the Bedards.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Exactly. 7,000 years of “your mum/dad” jokes makes this an anthropological LOL bullseye, but in the end; the organization disclosed enough to suggest due diligence and acted.

So long as this doesn’t bubble up 9 seasons from now, the Blackhawks handled it right, and hopefully the interwebs can focus more on how Perry lapsing into his best Sterling Archer impersonation at the worst moment cost him a job rather than the Bedards.

Perry was specifically targeted this off-season by Davidson to bring in veteran leadership too, he paid Tampa to get Perry ahead of FA and then gave him a huge offer to sign there, blew up in his face but shows that he didn't let that factor into doing what's right here.

Reactions: WhataKnight

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The team could still be found liable for improper termination if they do not have a valid reason.

Of course they have a valid reason and it is stupid to think they don't. Just because they aren't sharing it publicly doesn't mean they don't have one.

Always thought you needed to go through a pretty stringent approval process to terminate a guaranteed NHL contract and Cap Hit.

Who knew that “Reasons Unknown” was a good enough reason for that contract termination to be approved.

The reasons are only unknown to the public, ffs.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There is a streamer I just watched that he said that it was mentioned that it was during an event where many people of the organizations were there including sponsors. That would explain why it may have turned into a big thing. Maybe he punched the guy from Pepsi or something.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Whether its true or not, I feel really bad for Bedard. Poor fricking kid man. This shit is gonna be a black cloud over his head for a long time. I will say though he seems like an exceptional kid with a great work ethic and attitude so I doubt he lets something like this get in the way of his career.

If it is true, its a piece of shit move by Perry, and an equally ridiculous move by his mom. Consensual or not. Feel bad for Bedard's father either way.

I just really hope its not true and its some other shit.

But can't help but feel for Connor no matter what.

Oh ffs, the rumour has been shot down by the team. Please try to keep up with the rest of the class and stop repeating trash like this.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Except it wasn’t a one day thing. It was all over X (Twitter) and Reddit for a few days. The original tweet was deleted and resurfaced again once the Blackhawks waived Perry. Then people were like it must be true.
Twitter and Reddit? LOL, kiddies news sources.
And if you’re believing what you read there. …

I’ll stop now out of kindness.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
No one said he will never be the same. Regardless how you feel it’s still f***ed for an 18 year old to have to read a shitty rumour about a teammate banging his mom. If you wanna go around pretending it doesn’t affect him at all you do that. It’s not gonna destroy him or anything like that but it’s unnecessary stress for him. The organization could have deaded that rumour without impacting their investigation or hurting their ability to terminate Perry
You going around pretending it does affect him is humorous. I’m confident that the players know what happened.
And
The team did shoot down the rumor. Those confident in their reading and writing skills already know that.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I heard that Boris Katchouk and Radyish were in the the room when Perry committed the act that got him terminated.

Their agents/ agency have both given statements that they cooperated and continue to coperate with the team and NHL inquiry/ inquisition fully.

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I heard that Boris Katchouk and Radyish were in the the room when Perry committed the act that got him terminated.

Their agents/ agency have both given statements that they cooperated and continue to coperate with the team and NHL inquiry/ inquisition fully.
They also stated due to the ongoing investigation ... that they will not be commenting on this publicly or in the media.

#CoreyPerry/Londonnights (2002/2003)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Twitter and Reddit? LOL, kiddies news sources.
And if you’re believing what you read there. …

I’ll stop now out of kindness.

“Good reading skills” but can’t read. No one believed it, all I said is that it’s shitty to have to read that online. Connor isn’t going to turtle now or go into depression over this. That was never said. It was probably a shitty couple days for him to go through.

Additionally Davidson mentioned all players were unaware until he told them aim the meeting earlier in the day. I don’t think anyone knew. Don’t think Corey Perry would be going around telling them what he did for legal purposes.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
It could be a million things but what it couldn’t be is the rumor. You can’t terminate contracts over that. Absurd.

Yes, you can. Most standard contracts these days includes the language "Professional conduct" or "conduct detrimental". In other other words, gray areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad