Checkers IV: Insert Witty Title Here

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Checkers not doing so hot lately, only 9 points ahead after a 5-3 loss...Booth stopped 7 of 10, Darling came in and stopped 8 of 10 (that's right, we let in a goal every 4 shots). Booth definitely hasn't been as good since returning from the ECHL (shouldn't be surprised)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
poturalski has done everything possible to get called up. it would be cool to get a look at him before the year is over.
His AHL salary is $70k, he's guaranteed $85k so the difference would pay about four days of his $700k NHL salary anyway. But, after TDL there's limited amount of call-ups so it would have to be now.

Also, he seems to be UFA at 25 courtesy of Group 6 Free Agent rules: 25+ of age, has played 3 pro seasons, got less than 80 NHL games.

Andrew Poturalski - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If he stays all year, I think I'll be because they don't think he's ready or would benefit from playing in the NHL at this point in time. I don't think it'll be because of the expansion draft. I'd like to see him back up this year to assess where he's at headed into next year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know about the draft--but if he plays more NHL games then he is up for a new contract a year sooner. My guess is the team is trying not to have Svechnikov and Necas due at the same time.
They obviously could have reevaluated after the way things went, but they clearly weren't concerned with that to start the year.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't know about the draft--but if he plays more NHL games then he is up for a new contract a year sooner. My guess is the team is trying not to have Svechnikov and Necas due at the same time.

The contract negotiations are a two-way road, though. If I as an agent was feeling that my player was unwarrantedly kept down and I was being dwindled out of my own percentage, I would bring it to the team's attention that the unjustly lost money will be sought to be recovered in the following RFA contract.

The teams are really more concerned of the Accrued Seasons for UFA purposes (42+ games) than the 10 game limit, and it also sounds like a bad policy to annoy your expected future superstar by gaming his contract to your own benefit and his harm. Them boys are kind of competitive and proud, and would take it badly if they felt they got snubbed in the call-ups and a lesser guy was recalled instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad