Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prediction: Charlie Coyle as the #1 center (#1 center meaning he gets to play with either 63 or 88)

• He will thrive as the 1c.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • He will be a serviceable #1c.

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • He's terrible (big minus player) but they keep him there because they don't have better options.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • He will be the 2c and not get to play with 63 or 88.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • He will be the 3c by Xmas if not sooner. Charlie Coyle is not a top6 C.

Votes: 53 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
5 Questions.
1) How much will online ticket prices go up?
2) Will fans be able to watch games on TV without juggling 3 different streaming services costing $200/month?
3) Will it be possible to buy overpriced food or drink at the game without an annoying tip screen shoved in your face?
4) Will the ice be as bad as last year?
5) Who will be the first player in the doghouse?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
5 Questions.
2) Will fans be able to watch games on TV without juggling 3 different streaming services costing $200/month?
3) Will it be possible to buy overpriced food or drink at the game without an annoying tip screen shoved in your face?
1. 8%
2. No
3. Of course not
4. 100% yes
5. Peeke

Reactions: mjhfb

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
5 Questions.
1. 5%?
2. Yes from illegal streaming sites
3. No of course not.
4. I’ve never skated on that ice.
5. Peeke is already in the dog house.

Reactions: mjhfb

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
5 Questions.

1) 0%
2) No
3) No
4) Yes
5) Anyone at the bottom of the lineup or in a secondary role making more than league minimum.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Isn't there already a Peeke thread this can go in?

Looking forward to seeing what the Coyle line shakes out to be.
Seeing what the Coyle line might look out could be put on hold while we see what is going on with Marchand, that is a concern for me, three offseason surgeries in one year after one recently have hip surgery for a 36 year old concerns me quite a bit, what says you.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So after all is said and done, which of the Coyle predictions in the poll came closet to right? Was he serviceable as a number 1 or did he thrive? Somewhere in between? Was he even a number 1, or really more of a 2 (even that many said he would not be able to handle)?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So after all is said and done, which of the Coyle predictions in the poll came closet to right? Was he serviceable as a number 1 or did he thrive? Somewhere in between? Was he even a number 1, or really more of a 2 (even that many said he would not be able to handle)?

He was great during most of the regular season and had a career year. But he wasn't the same in the playoffs - thought the other centers he matched up against got the better of him.

Reactions: Dr Hook

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I'd say he thrived.

He put up 60 points with one top6 winger, intermittent power play time and 63% DZone starts against top lines. That's a heckuva season for a top6 center.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd say he thrived.

He put up 60 points with one top6 winger, intermittent power play time and 63% DZone starts against top lines. That's a heckuva season for a top6 center.
Congrats, you watch the games and appreciate a good hockey player.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd say he thrived.

I picked him as a serviceable and I would say he was that at minimum. I don't understand a lot of the hate he gets around here. I guess it was his initial Bruins contract when he was behind Krejci and Bergeron. It looks like good value now. He is a really good plater and is one of my favorite Bs.

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I picked him as a serviceable and I would say he was that at minimum. I don't understand a lot of the hate he gets around here. I guess it was his initial Bruins contract when he was behind Krejci and Bergeron. It looks like good value now. He is a really good plater and is one of my favorite Bs.

There's two things I noticed that automatically trigger hate from some posters (and they aren't that great at hiding it):

1. Players from Europe (especially goalies).
  2. Players that are local.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad