Proposal: Chariot and Jake Allen to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm sure the Leafs would like having Allen as an option, but at the cost of a 1st? He'd have to be a clear upgrade, and right now he'd be Plan-B should Campbell not return and Mrazek fail.

It's very possible that neither Allen or Chiarot get a 1st if they are traded in separate trades. However, together as a package where the Habs take back the worse back-up contract in the NHL with Mrazek? That changes the dynamics of what the Habs should get in return.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I'm sure the Leafs would like having Allen as an option, but at the cost of a 1st? He'd have to be a clear upgrade, and right now he'd be Plan-B should Campbell not return and Mrazek fail.
What would you value Chiarot and Allen at? Both together and separate?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's very possible that neither Allen or Chiarot get a 1st if they are traded in separate trades. However, together as a package where the Habs take back the worse back-up contract in the NHL with Mrazek? That changes the dynamics of what the Habs should get in return.

What would you value Chiarot and Allen at? Both together and separate?
Honestly, I don't have a clue what the market will dictate this year. Teams desperate for playoff success could offer a 1st and next year's 2nd for both, provided they see Allen as a 1B next year - his contract's quite good. Separately... yikes... I'm really bad at this. There are better D than Chiarot, but those guys could re-sign with their current teams. If so, Chiarot becomes a valuable playoff addition and could get a 1st on his own. Allen will probably stay in Montreal unless someone overpays.

Reactions: CDN24

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, I don't have a clue what the market will dictate this year. Teams desperate for playoff success could offer a 1st and next year's 2nd for both, provided they see Allen as a 1B next year - his contract's quite good. Separately... yikes... I'm really bad at this. There are better D than Chiarot, but those guys could re-sign with their current teams. If so, Chiarot becomes a valuable playoff addition and could get a 1st on his own. Allen will probably stay in Montreal unless someone overpays.

Cap space is a major challenge for many teams. Guys on value contracts or low cap hits as rentals (50% retention) will be targeted. Guys with $5M+ of cap hits is tricky to move where many playoff teams needs a 3rd team to retain. And many of those playoff teams might be looking at 2 moves vs just 1.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
actually they're in a great position I'd say. Allen's not a UFA and they're in no rush to move him. Chiarot will create a bidding war - especially with other D now being injured. I expect them to get a 1st and B prospect or 2nd and very good prospect.
As per other UFA's? who cares? paquette, perreault, no one cares.
They may resign Kulak / and or wideman, but guys like Guhle and hopefully harris are on their way.
there are no UFA's of significance on habs outside of chiarot and maybe kulak
My point is it is currently a buyers market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad