Proposal: Chariot and Jake Allen to Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Seems way too much for a backup goalie & 2nd pairing dman, Yes leafs goalies are bad but leafs got Freddie for a late first ( the price of for starter should be more than i think )

Basically 2 first round picks and 2nd round pick and Mrazek (most likely the cap dump ) I would hope leafs pass on this type of deal

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
2022 2nd + kral ld prospect with top 4 upside for Chiarot. I think that's the most the Leafs would pay.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Too many holes on this team to fix at the deadline so neither player interests me.
Even if Muzzin comes back at 100% their blueline is still suspect and goaltending right now is a tire fire. It's quickly turning into another lost season for this core and I pray Dubas doesn't go "all in" or even "any in" in a Hail Mary to save his job.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
No need to be salty about things, Chiarot adds a lot to the leafs but Allen doesn't simple as that.
oh im not salty at all was just saying i rather trade with another team then helping the leafs,i wanna see another 1st round exit

i like Allen i think hes the better goalie but i dont think he holds much value goalies never do

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
oh im not salty at all was just saying i rather trade with another team then helping the leafs,i wanna see another 1st round exit

i like Allen i think hes the better goalie but i dont think he holds much value goalies never do
Thats fine, as a habs fan you should have a healthy hate on for the leafs, I certainly hated the habs when they were good.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Some folks have no clue about Allen. We got him to get a strong backup for Price and the guy has been nothing less than great for us, especially the stretch where Price was out. He has played like a legit starter, very consistent and reliable, rarely allow bad goal, pretty square, stable and confident. Im not trying to bullshit anyone, Allen is a better option than MAF or Varlamov.

I wouldnt trade him for less than a 1st, but I would be willing to combine some more assets to make a deal work. Chairot and Allen would help the leafs ALOT. But I would be asking for 1st + Knies while taking Marzek's contract back.

Leafs or Oilers fans are clueless if they think they can get quality players for nothing.

Reactions: CDN24

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Some folks have no clue about Allen. We got him to get a strong backup for Price and the guy has been nothing less than great for us, especially the stretch where Price was out. He has played like a legit starter, very consistent and reliable, rarely allow bad goal, pretty square, stable and confident. Im not trying to bullshit anyone, Allen is a better option than MAF or Varlamov.

I wouldnt trade him for less than a 1st, but I would be willing to combine some more assets to make a deal work. Chairot and Allen would help the leafs ALOT. But I would be asking for 1st + Knies while taking Marzek's contract back.

Leafs or Oilers fans are clueless if they think they can get quality players for nothing.
Your overhyping Allen. Hes a back up goaltender who is solid, no more no less. Also he isn't an upgrade on Campbell for the leafs especially if he returns to his previous form. Chiarot on the other hand has value and could help the leafs quite a bit.

AndyRay

Mar 5, 2021
Your goalie isn't an upgrade and your d man would play 3rd pair when muzzin comes back. Neither move the needle to help the Leafs at all. Leafs need to go big or go home.
No he will be on the first or second pair easily because Chiarot can play on the right side. He is playing now on the right side and is doing a great job with Romanov. If Dubas think lyubushkin and Holl are better than Chiarot, I would be worried if I was a leafs fan.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
perfect. solve your goalie and dmen problems elsewhere. leafs are the last team habs will and should be helping in any way shape or form
Problem is outside of Chiarot the habs have nothing realistically they could trade to the leafs that would help them. With all the teams selling this deadline the Habs are in no position to be picky about where their ufa's are traded to.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
No he will be on the first or second pair easily because Chiarot can play on the right side. He is playing now on the right side and is doing a great job with Romanov. If Dubas think lyubushkin and Holl are better than Chiarot, I would be worried if I was a leafs fan.
Chiarot is nowhere near as good as Rielly or Brodie or Muzzin. He could play the right side in the top 4 but that's it. Hes a fine player who should get a late 1st or 2nd plus good prospect.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Your overhyping Allen. Hes a back up goaltender who is solid, no more no less. Also he isn't an upgrade on Campbell for the leafs especially if he returns to his previous form. Chiarot on the other hand has value and could help the leafs quite a bit.
He has played like a solid starter when Price got hurt for a long time. Team was awful in front of him and still was giving us chances to win.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Leafs have real problems. Headed for another early exit. Could be end of Dubas/Keefe in Toronto. Chiarot and Allen doubt is enough. Leafs better off keeping their pick

Dubas/Keefe can't strap on the pads and make saves for the team. The massively glaring issue is the confidence of the goaltenders. The team is well constructed and one of the best when they get at minimum league average goaltending. The last two months they have received AHL level goaltending.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He has played like a solid starter when Price got hurt for a long time. Team was awful in front of him and still was giving us chances to win.
Jack Campbells numbers were amazing last year and half of this season, hes had a bad few months. If Allen isn't an upgrade on both goaltenders hes a pointless acquisition for the leafs. He has value just not to the leafs.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jack Campbells numbers were amazing last year and half of this season, hes had a bad few months. If Allen isn't an upgrade on both goaltenders hes a pointless acquisition for the leafs. He has value just not to the leafs.
They could run 2 goaltenders like its the case for alot of teams in the league and go with the hottest of them. Sharing the job just increases the competition level and allow both goaltenders to get sharp and more rested. Allen is signed for another year at a pretty reasonable prize, he has more value than you think.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Keep dreaming....

Value for Chiarot is probably a 2nd & a prospect excluding Niemla, Knies and Robertson.

Value for Allen probably less than that.

Maybe they do something along the lines of:
- Chiarot
- Allen

- Mrazek
- Toronto 2nd
- Dermott
- Prospect Excl those 3
- Conditional pick based on how far the Leafs go in the playoffs this year.
That is brutal for Montreal.

2nd rounder + Dermott is a bad return for Chiarot
B prospect + conditional pick is a bad return for Allen

Not to mention the Habs have to take on the cap dump of Mrazek for the priviledge.

Replace Chiarot and Allen with future considerations and the Habs might actually consider it.

Last edited:

AndyRay

Mar 5, 2021
Chiarot is nowhere near as good as Rielly or Brodie or Muzzin. He could play the right side in the top 4 but that's it. Hes a fine player who should get a late 1st or 2nd plus good prospect.

I never said he was better than Rielly, Brodie or Muzzin, but he can easily play with Rielly on the top pair and I'm sure Rielly will be better with a guy like Chiarot. Like Marc Methot made Erik Karlsson better in ottawa. Chiarot was the second most used player in the last palyoff and having now 23mins+ TOI and he don't look like it's to much for him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Whatever Brings I hope it’s right done to the last minute for the entertainment the HF thread will provide - a first is nuts for 5 weeks of this guy I will be surprised if he gets more then a 2 and a mid to low level prospect

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i can't fathom allen doing well in toronto at all. all this funny talk of him stealing a job from a goaltender is good stuff on a rough monday though. nice to see a leafs proposal trying to address their defense for once though, even if it is only for chiarot. feels like toronto reacquiring polak all over again.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
They could run 2 goaltenders like its the case for alot of teams in the league and go with the hottest of them. Sharing the job just increases the competition level and allow both goaltenders to get sharp and more rested. Allen is signed for another year at a pretty reasonable prize, he has more value than you think.
Its not worth th risk for the leafs is what I'm saying. We don't need a goalie like Allen when need an upgrade on Jack. Mrazek before this season seemed to be equivalent to Allen with a similar track record, look at him now, he has fallen apart.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

Nobody is going to give you a 1st for Jake Allen. I can say that with an EXTREME degree of confidence.

I'd suspect that the best deal from Toronto for Allen would be Mrazek, a 2nd, and a mid-level prospect.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
That is brutal for Montreal.

2nd rounder + Dermott is a bad return for Chiarot
B prospect + conditional pick is a bad return for Allen

Not to mention the Habs have to take on the cap dump of Mrazek for the priviledge.

Replace Chiarot and Allen with future considerations and the Habs might actually consider it.

2nd rounder + dermott is actually a pretty good return for Chiarot -- you get the 2nd which is basically standard currency for what he should return, but instead of some longer-shot prospect, you get a defenceman that can immediately step up and into your NHL lineup on a really cheap contract, who's still an RFA afterwards.

As for the "Allen component"... sure, maybe Mrazek, a mid-level prospect, and conditional pick is a bit light... but its a heck of a lot closer than what the OP had suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad