GWT: Champions League - MW4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
No, he's extremely lucky to still be playing. That ankle was very close to being broken from how Rashford bent it.
This is basically the equivalent of saying any time the ball hits a hand in the box it's a penalty. Completely disregarding context and how the game is played.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think while the fact that Carra and Henry don’t support United is relevant, it’s also somewhat relevant to consider they played in rougher, more liberal times with no VAR as well. I don’t know which fact is more relevant in this case, but I don’t think I would hold either up as the standard bearer of what should or shouldn’t be a call.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
To be clear, I think that's an atrocious call as well. But if you're giving the Maguire one because it's hit into his arm at short distance, you also have to give that one.

Reactions: BillPrep

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This is basically the equivalent of saying any time the ball hits a hand in the box it's a penalty. Completely disregarding context and how the game is played.

Explain the Maeda red yesterday for me then. Clearly VAR doesn't care about how the games played or where a player naturally has to put there foot. They care about slow motion replays that look dangerous. It's not good for the game but if you call one you have to call them all that way.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Saka is going off for treatment to his ankle and the ref is making him walk off the "shorter" way to have to walk around the field. On a bad ankle. And gave him a yellow for it.

So not only has he been allowed to be kicked all game without a yellow to the starting LB, but now Saka gets a yellow for daring to be injured by repeated kicking

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think while the fact that Carra and Henry don’t support United is relevant, it’s also somewhat relevant to consider they played in rougher, more liberal times with no VAR as well. I don’t know which fact is more relevant in this case, but I don’t think I would hold either up as the standard bearer of what should or shouldn’t be a call.
The point has been made many times before that VAR is at it's worst when it's changing calls that absolutely no one on the pitch was complaining about.

In the Rashford case, it was certainly a foul and worthy of a yellow, but absolutely no one was thinking about a red card live.

Copenhagen was complaining about it not being called a foul because right after it United had a very dangerous break, but they weren't lobby/complaining about a potential sending off.
Explain the Maeda red yesterday for me then. Clearly VAR doesn't care about how the games played or where a player naturally has to put there foot. They care about slow motion replays that look dangerous. It's not good for the game but if you call one you have to call them all that way.
I generally agree with this. It can also be extended to where a player naturally has to put their hands.

Saka is going off for treatment to his ankle and the ref is making him walk off the "shorter" way to have to walk around the field. On a bad ankle. And gave him a yellow for it.

So not only has he been allowed to be kicked all game without a yellow to the starting LB, but now Saka gets a yellow for daring to be injured by repeated kicking
That seems extra stupid in a 2 goal game.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad