GWT: Champions League - MW4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It was embellishment, not a dive

Nice to see he's found his level

He slipped and tried to get a pen out of it. Is that not a yellow card offense?

Sure Saka should've drawn at least one yellow on the defenders that have been hacking him down, but that's a different conversation.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He slipped and tried to get a pen out of it. Is that not a yellow card offense?

Sure Saka should've drawn at least one yellow on the defenders that have been hacking him down, but that's a different conversation.
Unless we're thinking of different plays, he did get ran into from behind. Not enough contact to warrant a penalty (which he also didn't really seem to ask for)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I expected AWB's return to improve United defensively but I didn't expect it to be this much nor that it would be offensively too. Look like Shaw might return before Licha so that hopefully will have a similar effect.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Funny that the ref was staring at it from 10 feet away and never even thought it was a foul.

But yea, when you get studs on a player there it's always gonna be at least orange and that probably crosses the line.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Unfortunate red. Tried to protect the ball, is looking at it and doesn't see he opponent's leg coming and going under his left leg. That feels more like an orange to me.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That’s a red. It’s unfortunate but red for me

Yeah, it's unlucky. Sometimes it would be just better for player to stand still and not try to protect the ball or move at all, just because your opponent doing the same migh a split second faster or slower and either of them could have his foot stepped on.

I'm not sure if that's good for the game. Although trying to bring intent in the picture would slippery slope too.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Unfortunate red. Tried to protect the ball, is looking at it and doesn't see he opponent's leg coming and going under his left leg. That feels more like an orange to me.
I think it's a case where the PL treats it as orange and thus not clear and obvious to overturn a no red on pitch, but UEFA and other leagues will more frequently overturn those.

Reactions: Jussi

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wahi goes on a counter and a PSV defenseman rugby tackles him and falls down. The ref manages to whistle a foul on Wahi (who did NOTHING) and give him a yellow.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Still a big if at this point, but if Kobenhavn can come back and win this match, United isn't exactly in a good position. They'd be in last in their group having to go to Turkey and a home match against Bayern.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Still a big if at this point, but if Kobenhavn can come back and win this match, United isn't exactly in a good position. They'd be in last in their group having to go to Turkey and a home match against Bayern.
Yea if United lose this, second is gonna be hard. United would need to win against Galatasaray away and then either beat Bayern or hope that Copenhagen can hold Galatasaray to a draw.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think it's a case where the PL treats it as orange and thus not clear and obvious to overturn a no red on pitch, but UEFA and other leagues will more frequently overturn those.
Depends on the official. It’s not as clear as that.

I mean, intent or not, that type of foul could seriously break a leg. It wasn’t awful, but it’s also tough. I mean if the Jones was automatic, and happens even when he goes over the ball, this kinda would need to be.

I don’t know how you fix this from not being a red or var in this. It for sure looks worse at a slow speed, but I think that’s the bargain you make for more sure results on everything else. I don’t think it’s been a banner few days for VAR, but I’m still in the rather know than just guess camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad