Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Erik Gudbranson signs with the Flames (1 year, $1.95M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Honestly, why did they bothered to even resign Kylington, when flames bring in players like him...from all players; Gudbranson...
holy bees wax Kylingtons stock has fallen. Is he now what? like #8,#9 guy now for the flames?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm honestly at a loss for words. If I was any of Phillips, Gawdin, Kylington, Ruzicka or Mackey I'd be asking for a trade. These players have all done everything they can at the AHL level and it's clear they will never get into a lineup that looks like Brian Burke team from 1996.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Flames fans are going to enjoy Gudbranson always picking the wrong guy on 2-on-1s, and falling down when any speedy forwards burns him on the outside. And taking a roughing or tripping penalty at the most inopportune time.

But he fights!

but he doesn’t fight. He fights 3-4 times a year, and usually isn’t to stand up for a teammate.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Toughness and gritt definitely has value in the NHL. You've seen the draft picks and contracts some of these guy have acquired.

The thing is every team generally has these guys in the AHL making next to nothing... just dying for a call up.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lots of people wondering why get this coke machine. And why pay him 2M. I can answer that question, if you’ve watched any Flames game of the last couple years their prime and only strategy against the Oilers and other skilled teams is to injure them. Gudbranson at 2M is cheap to replace Giordanos dirty, cheap, and dangerous play.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Damn, I can’t believe there is this much overreacting rage with Guds.

I thought he played a good role when he was with Anaheim. Really gave us some solid play and ate a bunch of minutes.

you would think with this reaction the guy is like Patrick Stefan or something :mad::eek::confused:

Reactions: Boo Boo

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I knew it. Looking at his underlying numbers his only bright spot is the PK

why?
Because he can shoot the puck down the ice with no problem, he doesn’t have to worry about icings like he does at even strength when he gets caught icing the puck soooooooo much.

so 2nd unit PK, he can be adequate for the flames.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I knew it. Looking at his underlying numbers his only bright spot is the PK

why?
Because he can shoot the puck down the ice with no problem, he doesn’t have to worry about icings like he does at even strength when he gets caught icing the puck soooooooo much.

so 2nd unit PK, he can be adequate for the flames.

He can’t do anything to be honest.

- He’s an awful skater with zero lateral movement.

- He’s not tough, though people seem to think he is.

- He can’t shoot the puck.

- He can’t pass.

- His breakouts look like a deaf mute communicating with Steven Hawking.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lots of people wondering why get this coke machine. And why pay him 2M. I can answer that question, if you’ve watched any Flames game of the last couple years their prime and only strategy against the Oilers and other skilled teams is to injure them. Gudbranson at 2M is cheap to replace Giordanos dirty, cheap, and dangerous play.
Cry more because McDavid runs goalies completely out of control and injured himself. McDavid was penalized rightly on the play. It should have been 5 and a suspension instead of 2 minutes though, but wasn't because the NHL feels the need to prop up its all offense no defense stars.

ComixZone

Jul 24, 2005
Can we just fast forward this season and fire Brad Treliving, please? This is just getting painful. Absolute horse!@#$.

Reactions: Devonator

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cry more because McDavid runs goalies completely out of control and injured himself. McDavid was penalized rightly on the play. It should have been 5 and a suspension instead of 2 minutes though, but wasn't because the NHL feels the need to prop up its all offense no defense stars.

Lol. Runs goalies completely out of control is your assessment of McDavids game? The guy who routinely goes full speed at the goalie only to stop and make a highly skilled deke before scoring as shown by countless replays? The guy who’s known as the greatest player of all time at making plays at top speed? That guy? That’s the guy Gio needs to protect your shitty goalies from?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Wow, alot of disapproval here for this contract, even from Flames fans...
Calgary is really beefing up. They might be a mediocre team during the regular season, but this group looks scary for anyone in the playoffs.

On the back end, they added Zadorov and now Guddy. Both big and tall, hard hitting roughneck type defenseman. They also have Andersson and Stone, another pair of players that define the phrase 'not fun to play against'.
Of course up front, they have Lucic, Tkachuk and Ritchie. Milan is still an immovable intimidating force, obviously Tkachuk is one of the elite pests in the NHL, and we all saw what Ritchie did to Khaira last season.
Now they add Coleman, Pitlick, and Lewis. Coleman, an excellent 2-way forward fresh off of winning the cup, Pitlick another hard hitting pendulum that runs into anything that moves and of course Trevor Lewis, seasoned vet.
And Markstrom is still in the prime of his career as a 31 yr old, had an off year but so did the entire team, expecting a huge bounce back seasons from him (and the team).

This team is a sleeper. Most ranking predictions have them missing the playoffs. But I fully anticipate Calgary to be the darkhorse this upcoming season. The Battle of Alberta may re-ignite (if there's fans), and would be a legitimate toe to toe match up with Vegas and Seattle, their two rival teams that are also built to smash

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
Can we just fast forward this season and fire Brad Treliving, please? This is just getting painful. Absolute horse!@#$.
The Flames should honestly Re-hire Jay Feaster. He set the flames up well enough for Treliving to play the reverse uno card. Disgusting signing.

Last edited:

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Wow, alot of disapproval here for this contract, even from Flames fans...
Calgary is really beefing up. They might be a mediocre team during the regular season, but this group looks scary for anyone in the playoffs.

On the back end, they added Zadorov and now Guddy. Both big and tall, hard hitting roughneck type defenseman. They also have Andersson and Stone, another pair of players that define the phrase 'not fun to play against'.
Of course up front, they have Lucic, Tkachuk and Ritchie. Milan is still an immovable intimidating force, obviously Tkachuk is one of the elite pests in the NHL, and we all saw what Ritchie did to Khaira last season.
Now they add Coleman, Pitlick, and Lewis. Coleman, an excellent 2-way forward fresh off of winning the cup, Pitlick another hard hitting pendulum that runs into anything that moves and of course Trevor Lewis, seasoned vet.
And Markstrom is still in the prime of his career as a 31 yr old, had an off year but so did the entire team, expecting a huge bounce back seasons from him (and the team).

This team is a sleeper. Most ranking predictions have them missing the playoffs. But I fully anticipate Calgary to be the darkhorse this upcoming season. The Battle of Alberta may re-ignite (if there's fans), and would be a legitimate toe to toe match up with Vegas and Seattle, their two rival teams that are also built to smash

Gotta make it there first ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad