Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Erik Gudbranson signs with the Flames (1 year, $1.95M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
As a Canucks fan, I got to see Guddy quite a bit.
He is legitimately terrible. Like, he can barely complete a simple D to D pass.

He is tall and handsome though! That’s all it takes to earn just under 2 mil in the NHL.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Lmao. Who is watching this guy and keeps thinking, "yes, we need to give this guy a contract".

RealGud is real bad. He looked like garbage with Nashville too, so I'm not sure what any pro scout is "seeing" with Gudbranson.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Lmao. Who is watching this guy and keeps thinking, "yes, we need to give this guy a contract".

RealGud is real bad. He looked like garbage with Nashville too, so I'm not sure what any pro scout is "seeing" with Gudbranson.
Good locker room guy, stands up for teammates, boards go boom.

Pretty much it.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

I bet you Jim Benning was looking to give this guy a contract AS ASKED BY AQUILINI, but was told not to by GILLIS. Then LINDEN said "LOL WE SUCK".

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Good locker room guy, stands up for teammates, boards go boom.

Pretty much it.

Yeah that's what I mean. Who, in 2021, is signing objectively poor NHL players on the basis of these other things?

I'll accept league minimum from the Flames to be a "good guy" and make loud noises against the boards. What a steal!

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I didn't see him play last year but as a Ducks fan and how he played for us when we had him I would have been fine giving him a contract. He and Fowler were a solid second Pair.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Flames have given the kids chances but they haven't been good enough. All these vet signings (Lewis, Richardson et al) will try and impress on the Flames core the Sutter 'how to win' approach to the game.
Erik Gudbranson is not a guy you sign if you’re teaching players “how to win”.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Ottawa in general was bad. Hard to judge on that . He was decent in Pittsburgh and they kicked the tires on him again this off season.
The Flames had 4 more points than Ottawa last season so expect Gudbranson to play as well for the Flames as he did for the Senators. In other words he will be bad.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Flames fans are going to enjoy Gudbranson always picking the wrong guy on 2-on-1s, and falling down when any speedy forwards burns him on the outside. And taking a roughing or tripping penalty at the most inopportune time.

But he fights!

Reactions: Oilers In Tree

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

-_MteJQZ.jpeg

As someone who hates the Flames, I heartily approve of this signing.

Reactions: TKB21

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Flames fans are going to enjoy Gudbranson always picking the wrong guy on 2-on-1s, and falling down when any speedy forwards burns him on the outside. And taking a roughing or tripping penalty at the most inopportune time.

But he fights!
I’m not doubting it when you guys say he is garbage .I just don’t get how a “professional “ GM / coaching staff / management can want to sign a player like him for that much money?
I honestly asking that as I do not understand it yet you see transactions like this happen at least once an off-season .
Is it a coaches or GM’s ego that thinks “ oh I know what I’m doing , all those naysayers out there , I’ll be able to turn him around . We play a different style game and system and he will fit in perfectly !
Two months later HF thread :Calgary Flames - Gudbranson on waivers for purpose of a buyout
And eveyone on here posts to say “ I knew it the moment they signed him”

I cannot see this working well for the Flames at all unless he is used as a #7 but why pay a #7 almost 2 mil? Scary thing is , he will get a decent amount of icetime then

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I’m not doubting it when you guys say he is garbage .I just don’t get how a “professional “ GM / coaching staff / management can want to sign a player like him for that much money?
I honestly asking that as I do not understand it yet you see transactions like this happen at least once an off-season .
Is it a coaches or GM’s ego that thinks “ oh I know what I’m doing , all those naysayers out there , I’ll be able to turn him around . We play a different style game and system and he will fit in perfectly !
Two months later HF thread :Calgary Flames - Gudbranson on waivers for purpose of a buyout
And eveyone on here posts to say “ I knew it the moment they signed him”

I cannot see this working well for the Flames at all unless he is used as a #7 but why pay a #7 almost 2 mil? Scary thing is , he will get a decent amount of icetime then

He is on a 1 yr contract. He sucks but there is no buy out coming

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
People are forgetting Darryl's ability to transform anyone into a serviceable d man.
Plus. Gudbrabdson is probably actually awesome and you guys are lying

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It looks like the Flames might be the toughest team in the league now
Lucic, Ritchie, Gudbranson - all players I would consider heavyweights
and then you have Zadorov and Tkachuk who can hold their own pugilistically

Slowest as well. Bunch of cement boots face punchers isn’t the way to win games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad