Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Erik Gudbranson signs with the Flames (1 year, $1.95M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It looks like the Flames might be the toughest team in the league now
Lucic, Ritchie, Gudbranson - all players I would consider heavyweights
and then you have Zadorov and Tkachuk who can hold their own pugilistically

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
ex canuck
HoC1EWd.png

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
So the idea is if anyone hacks Gaudreau's hands this year, they get their face punched in? There are a lot of goons on this squad now.

Isn't he kinda famous for only fighting smaller players? If i remember things right he pretty much pretended it was raining when Pettersson was slammed WWE style in a game against florida.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I'm not sure I like this one as a Flames fan. I don't think the dollar amount (which is way high) really matters much, since the Flames don't need the cap space at this point. Would be better to get a cap dump for a pick than this though right? I also don't mind this if we're expected Gudbranson to be the 7/8 guy, but are we paying him that much to be in the pressbox? With Stone actually looking pretty good last year in a bottom pairing role, it's possible he starts as the regular over Gudbranson. Bad news for Kylington, who now REALLY has to have a good camp to make the lineup now.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
She is so brutal. I only watch Flames games off mute when she isn't there.

she did an excellent job in the playoffs this year. when she doesn't have a dog in the hunt and sticks to detailed analysis between periods she is actually pretty good. the painful amount of triangulation that she and the rest of those guys do on the three west coast teams precisely because they do have dogs in that hunt is what i could do without.

Reactions: flying v 604

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
I'm not sure I like this one as a Flames fan. I don't think the dollar amount (which is way high) really matters much, since the Flames don't need the cap space at this point. Would be better to get a cap dump for a pick than this though right? I also don't mind this if we're expected Gudbranson to be the 7/8 guy, but are we paying him that much to be in the pressbox? With Stone actually looking pretty good last year in a bottom pairing role, it's possible he starts as the regular over Gudbranson. Bad news for Kylington, who now REALLY has to have a good camp to make the lineup now.

At $2m he will almost certainly be on the third pairing with Valimaki. Stone, Kylington, and Mackey will have to battle for the 7th spot.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
That's at least double what he's worth. He's honestly a PTO candidate at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad