Prospect Info: Cedar Park

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Matt Murray just isn't very good. A 3rd goalie should be on the deadline shopping list.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Bourque is a lot like Johnston with his relentless puck hounding and is always a threat to regain possession

Reactions: Hull Fan

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
@Kcb12345 I've only seen a little but from my eye Blumel doesn't have the vision/IQ for a traditional top 6 role. My question now is does he have any defensive chops to where he'd be an option for the 4th line next year. Assuming Faska goes for cap purposes, all that's left is Steel. Signing another Steel like player would be ideal that still leaves a possible 12th/13th forward role. What's your take on him these days?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
@Kcb12345 I've only seen a little but from my eye Blumel doesn't have the vision/IQ for a traditional top 6 role. My question now is does he have any defensive chops to where he'd be an option for the 4th line next year. Assuming Faska goes for cap purposes, all that's left is Steel. Signing another Steel like player would be ideal that still leaves a possible 12th/13th forward role. What's your take on him these days?

I 100% agree with your take on his vision/IQ. He's got a good shot but I'm not a huge fan of the rest of his offensive game. It's not bad at the AHL level but it's also the type that doesn't translate to the NHL. He's got a superstar mentality at the AHL level despite not being one, imo.

His defensive game doesn't stand out much, but no one defends really on Texas so it's tough to judge because as a result I don't find myself paying attention to that area of their game as much.

I think the Texas coaching staff trusts him enough (out there shorthanded, empty net, etc) but that's not saying a whole lot. Overall, he'd probably be fine in a 4th line role. He'd have to adapt his game that's for sure.

I'm trying to think of comparable players to him, but I'm coming up blank. Maybe Artturi Lehkonen before he joined the Avs. That's sorta what I view his highest potential as

Realistically, he probably becomes a shooter version of Sam Steel.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kyrou has had an excellent start to this game for Texas through a period and a couple of minutes. Been very dynamic in the O zone so far. Dancing out there

• Love
Reactions: piqued

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Beautiful passing from Kyrou and Stranges to setup Bäck for a point blank chance. He gets stopped, but Mastrodanato buries the rebound to make it 2-1 Texas.

Stranges will get an assist but Kyrou won't cause Bäck didn't bury the original chance.

2 points tonight for Stranges

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad