Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Don Waddell as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. JD to serve as Senior Advisor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Or maybe he has scouted Columbus pretty extensively , and knows what the biggest issues are that needs fixed … legit Center to play alongside Gaudreau while they give Fantilli time to grow into #1… Notice , last week it was Columbus will be quiet in FA this summer to a few days later , Friedman says Columbus will go after a center …. Also , clearly the word is out Columbus wasn’t thrilled with the job PV did .. Portzline has hinted at it .. National media types have speculated they make a change … not hard to understand why .. his player utilization , and lineup juggling every game is pretty indefensible…
If he hasn't scouted us he's a boob and I wouldn't want him. Of course he's done his homework.

Reactions: Monk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah I can understand outsiders saying this stuff because, quite frankly, they only know the surface level things about the team. We know more because we actually care about it and we have people saying the same stuff. That’s what I don’t understand.
Knowledge alone does not conquer depression.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Or maybe he has scouted Columbus pretty extensively , and knows what the biggest issues are that needs fixed … legit Center to play alongside Gaudreau while they give Fantilli time to grow into #1… Notice , last week it was Columbus will be quiet in FA this summer to a few days later , Friedman says Columbus will go after a center …. Also , clearly the word is out Columbus wasn’t thrilled with the job PV did .. Portzline has hinted at it .. National media types have speculated they make a change … not hard to understand why .. his player utilization , and lineup juggling every game is pretty indefensible…
In the press conf he said he didn't know who would be interested when he resigned from Canes. That was a week ago. Must have been one hell of a week to scout so CBJ extensively, while also handling everything else related to moving and resigning from a job. Not to mention the discussions with 3 other teams that were interested in him.

And any case, I don't think video is not enough to make a such decision, especially with the roster being a complete AHL circus.

I'm not saying he cant/wont fire PV. He is a unexperienced coach and the team didn't deliver, so it's a very real possibility. I just think Waddell didn't walk in with PV's dismissal papers printed out. What'd even be the point when there's multiple months of time to make that call.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
His grandson didn't mention Laine. Proof Laine about to be traded?
trouble.gif

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
That's my brother's and sister's problem, not mine. I opted for the "eccentric aunt" approach. All of the fun with kids and virtually none of the stress or responsibliity. It's a wonderful scam; I highly recommend it. :nod:
In our family we call this the “cool wine aunt”.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I didn't think it was possible to root for this team without large amounts of alcohol!
I'm just that talented. ;) It also helps to have a lot of practice at deliberately looking for the positive and constructive to offset an otherwise relentless tendency towards doomsday pessimism.

...speaking of which, and back to the topic of the thread, I do have to admit that hearing more words of praise on the mains for this move from Canes fans, particularly a few whose opinions I really respect, is going a long way towards making me feel better about this hire.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I'm just that talented. It also helps to have a lot of practice at deliberately looking for the positive and constructive to offset an otherwise relentless tendency towards doomsday pessimism.

...speaking of which, and back to the topic of the thread, I do have to admit that hearing more words of praise on the mains for this move from Canes fans, particularly a few whose opinions I really respect, is going a long way towards making me feel better about this hire.
I agree and have been similarly happy to see Canes fans opinions. Waddell has been around long enough to know how to build a successful, sustainable culture.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad