Player Discussion Cayden Primeau Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
He looked shaky against Ottawa but had a better performance against the Leafs.

Overall it’s .931 and 3 goals allowed on 44 shots through a game and a half.

There’s two games left, normally Monty and Allen should play them but they might put him back in and see how he does with a full line up in front of him while facing an NHL team.

He will need a stellar performance to force their hands.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He looked shaky against Ottawa but had a better performance against the Leafs.

Overall it’s .931 and 3 goals allowed on 44 shots through a game and a half.

There’s two games left, normally Monty and Allen should play them but they might put him back in and see how he does with a full line up in front of him while facing an NHL team.

He will need a stellar performance to force their hands.
I think he plays on Monday and that will be a deciding factor. He has been the Habs best goalie at camp, that is not saying much though because the two above him haven't been real good.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I thought it was strange that Montreal didn't send Primeau down to the AHL and decided to open the season with three goalies until I noticed the Avalanche claimed Ivan Prosvetov on waivers yesterday from Arizona. I guess HuGo knew Francouz's groin wasn't ready and COL were looking to add a temporary G and didn't want to risk losing Primeau. Well played.

Hopefully we can sneak Primeau through waivers in the coming days/weeks so they can carry an extra dman or forward instead of 3 G's

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Cayden Primeau is better than Jake Allen right now. Allen has experience and locker room presence above him. I believe that will allow Allen to be ahead of Primeau for the time being but performance will become important as the season moves forward.

I see a 50/50 odds of Primeau playing better than Montambeault also, since one is not clearly above the other at the moment. In the past, it seems like Primeau screwed up his opportunities to shine. He is now older and more mature. If he can play a few good games early, it could change a whole lot going forward.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Cayden Primeau is better than Jake Allen right now. Allen has experience and locker room presence above him. I believe that will allow Allen to be ahead of Primeau for the time being but performance will become important as the season moves forward.

I see a 50/50 odds of Primeau playing better than Montambeault also, since one is not clearly above the other at the moment. In the past, it seems like Primeau screwed up his opportunities to shine. He is now older and more mature. If he can play a few good games early, it could change a whole lot going forward.
On what basis exactly?

Allen’s career trend shows a consistently borderline elite G when limited to 36GP or less. Primeau has yet to prove he’s NHL potential.

Reactions: Tyson

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
On what basis exactly?

Allen’s career trend shows a consistently borderline elite G when limited to 36GP or less. Primeau has yet to prove he’s NHL potential.
On the basis of a slowdown in the last two years by Jake Allen. And on the basis of projection for the upcoming season where one goaltender is at the very end of his career while the other one is, in my opinion, ready to take a step forward.

That being said, it's cool with me if you disagree. I would even say it is allowed on these message boards (sometimes).

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Hughes said in interview they would have lost Primeau. Teams were calling to trade for him. So, you know he's not getting thru waivers.

That’s pretty interesting. I’m sure the price offered wasn’t great, but good to know some teams see potential.

I wonder if they will rotate every game till a decision is made.

Allen did give up two weak goals tonight, but he kept us in the game when things could have been worse.

We’ll see what Montembeault does on Saturday.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
That’s pretty interesting. I’m sure the price offered wasn’t great, but good to know some teams see potential.

I wonder if they will rotate every game till a decision is made.

Allen did give up two weak goals tonight, but he kept us in the game when things could have been worse.

We’ll see what Montembeault does on Saturday.
It was Jersey. Price unknown?

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Those are pretty low standards.

I don’t think so.

Allen isn’t an elite goaltender and he was facing one of the best offense in the league.

Not only did he receive a lot of shots, but the sustained pressure and constant buzzing around him make the job a lot harder.

Yet he still gave his team a chance to win and they couldn’t seal the deal.

There’s no way all our goalies don’t struggle throughout the season. They’ll have better games here and there, but that’s more an exception than the rule.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I thought it was strange that Montreal didn't send Primeau down to the AHL and decided to open the season with three goalies until I noticed the Avalanche claimed Ivan Prosvetov on waivers yesterday from Arizona. I guess HuGo knew Francouz's groin wasn't ready and COL were looking to add a temporary G and didn't want to risk losing Primeau. Well played.

Hopefully we can sneak Primeau through waivers in the coming days/weeks so they can carry an extra dman or forward instead of 3 G's

Correcting for you:
Surely we can push Allen through waivers in the coming days/weeks so they can carry an extra dman or forward instead of 3 G's

That being said, if by some long-shot Allen is taken off waivers, we will be happy to play a tribute video during a first period commercial break on his first visit to the Bell Center, and remind everyone that he once won the Jean Beliveau trophy. HeIl, the club should even pay to fly his family in.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If he bombs in his start you place him on waivers. Not many teams have cap space and who wants to claim a goalie who hasn't proven can stop a beach ball at the NHL level?
Goalies are hard to judge for me. If he has good pedigree I give Primeau a lot of rope.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Better start giving him a serious look then, he can't sit for weeks on end.
That's the problem with 3 goalies. Dobes seems to have taken over in Laval. Primesu caught in no man's land. Allen not being traded. He has terrible contract. Nobody touch that. Monty we need to see what we have in him. It's a mess really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad