Post-Game Talk: Caufield scores OT winner to beat the BJs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Nope 3 years of play have formed my opinion. I don't see Suzuki eclipsing 75 points in his career. 1B/2A a la Hischier.

I was vehemently saying we need a true 1C last year as well. Would've loved to have drafted top 4.
3 years of play on a terrible team doesn't mean much.

Reactions: viceroy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So

Does anyone remember
When we couldn't win a single game 3v3?

Because Douchearme kept starting with danault-gallagher-weber?

Now it goes 3v3 and out of nowhere we've got a kid that feels like he'll score 70% of the time in the extra frame..
That's INsane lol..

And now,.. imagine adding Hutson to that unit of 3 lol, damn.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So

Does anyone remember
When we couldn't win a single game 3v3?

Because Douchearme kept starting with danault-gallagher-weber?

Now it goes 3v3 and out of nowhere we've got a kid that feels like he'll score 70% of the time in the extra frame..
That's INsane lol..

And now,.. imagine adding Hutson to that unit of 3 lol, damn.
Ducharme was starting Evans and Kulak on 3vs3 to be sure we wouldn’t get scored on :laugh:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nope 3 years of play have formed my opinion. I don't see Suzuki eclipsing 75 points in his career. 1B/2A a la Hischier.

I was vehemently saying we need a true 1C last year as well. Would've loved to have drafted top 4.
Ah ok so outplaying superstar 1C opponents in the playoffs means nothing gotcha. He had 66 points last year on a team who's second leading scorer had 38 which is the lowest in the league by far. You don't think he could get 10 more if he played with guys better than RHP/Ylonen/Anderson for half a season? Not to mention having dmen better than Wideman/Harris feeding him the puck from the backend?

Would have loved to draft #1, I don't see how Will Smith is better than him.
More like because there are 32+ Cs better than him in the league, and I love Suzuki
Lol go ahead and name all the 32+Cs.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Ah ok so outplaying superstar 1C opponents in the playoffs means nothing gotcha. He had 66 points last year on a team who's second leading scorer had 38 which is the lowest in the league by far. You don't think he could get 10 more if he played with guys better than RHP/Ylonen/Anderson for half a season? Not to mention having dmen better than Wideman/Harris feeding him the puck from the backend?

Outplaying star 1Cs? Danault was the shutdown C......

I wonder if Devils fans are constantly berating their scouting staff for picking Hischier over Heiskanen, Pettersson and Makar. Or are they just happy to have a great player.
They have Hughes and a loaded d-core so the point is moot.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Where was slafs chances though? Sure he made some good passes but his general IQ was yet again a car accident and I’m taking age into consideration
He is making plays and he is good without the puck so I don’t really think IQ is the issue, he is just a bit overwhelmed or not decisive enough, is confidence seem shaken… Is feet stop moving one hand on the stick keep adjusting the elbow pad or helmet, if he stay on is toe and more agressive he would be a lot more dominant.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

They have Hughes and a loaded d-core so the point is moot.

They had neither at the time they drafted him, nor for a while at D. And Hughes took some time to take off.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ah ok so outplaying superstar 1C opponents in the playoffs means nothing gotcha.
???

I don’t think he did this at all. He was our lead point getter but if you averaged it out over an 82 game season he’d be pacing for 60 something points. We won because we had a HOF goalie shutting the door.
He had 66 points last year on a team whose second leading scorer had 38 which is the lowest in the league by far. You don't think he could get 10 more if he played with guys better than RHP/Ylonen/Anderson for half a season? Not to mention having dmen better than Wideman/Harris feeding him the puck from the backend?
He’s had plenty of opportunity to go beyond 70 points though. He’s not a young kid and he gets tons of ice time. Yeah, we put too much on him but if he were legit he’d be getting more points.

If he can name 28 does it matter? At best he’s a 1B. He’d be a lot more effective as a number two.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks for ignoring the rest of the post, goes to show that you know damn well RHP/Ylonen/Anderson are dog shit linemates for half a season on the first line.

As for this post, you were vehemently shitting on Danault during the playoffs. Suzuki was still better than the other teams 1C. You don't think they sent out their top pair against the Suzuki line?

Reactions: viceroy

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
???

I don’t think he did this at all. He was our lead point getter but if you averaged it out over an 82 game season he’d be pacing for 60 something points. We won because we had a HOF goalie shutting the door.

He’s had plenty of opportunity to go beyond 70 points though. He’s not a young kid and he gets tons of ice time. Yeah, we put too much on him but if he were legit he’s be getting more points.

If he can name 28 does it matter? At best he’s a 1B. He’d be a lot more effective as a number two.
I don’t understand how that’s insulting to some? Being a good 2C is very valuable.

Reactions: Gravity

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Where was slafs chances though? Sure he made some good passes but his general IQ was yet again a car accident and I’m taking age into consideration
You have a point but his biggest problem right now is lack of physical dominance and inability to finish/continue simple plays that shouldn't require high IQ to do. It's more about confidence and growth for me. It'll come. But he does make some low IQ decisions sometimes so again you have a point

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Shame with a healthy Dach and Dvorak coming back ( making Monahan able to move up and down the line up).we are a strategic goalie platoon away from making a run at a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad