Post-Game Talk: Caufield scores OT winner to beat the BJs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Holy f***! We are NOT in da playoffs!!!! We are 9th. I am shocked!

WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

This year, I don't really care where Habs will finish. I just want to see the youngstars produce. It's a plus if Habs can have a another top 5 pick, but I'm more than fine if Caufield, Suzuki put PPG's season, Newhook put 50-60 points season and Slaf put 35-45 points season, but with better overall game than his first year, that will be a huge win.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
This year, I don't really care where Habs will finish. I just want to see the youngstars produce. It's a plus if Habs can have a another top 5 pick, but I'm more than fine if Caufield, Suzuki put PPG's season, Newhook put 50-60 points season and Slaf put 35-45 points season, but with better overall game than his first year, that will be a huge win.
I seriously doubt re Slaf. We be lucky if he puts 20 pts.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
You do realize we haven't won a single game against last season's playoff teams, right?

Seeing the team go 4 wins against shitty teams isn't a sign of anything, other than people being irrational and lacking proper perspective.

@Rapala too?
hahahaha
Not one game? Not even a single one? OMG!! How many have you played so far....30 or 40?
You have played 3. And the New Jersey loss was the second of a back to back against a rested NJ squad. And you took the leafs to a shootout. 3 games. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Good grief bud. The season has just started and you are ready to go off a cliff.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
It’s funny I always supported Slaf but after his giveaways last night I say something bad about him and everyone gets upset lol. Last week everyone hates on him and it’s fine. He makes a couple Drouin passes and now he’s a hero

Hater.

Draconian & orwellian internet laws. Not clearly defining "disinformation". Pre-electoral comments praising China for their dictatorship and their capacity to control people for the sake of battling global warming.

He'd be perfect for the CCP

Jebus. Get a clue amigo. The ship's going down. The powers that be need a scapegoat. Get educated.

The guy I would target for a trade is Xhekaj.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. You never trade the unicorn because he can't be replaced. Like when OTT traded Chara, you don't trade the special guy. Trade fricking Redden.

Dach is already better than Suzuki, can’t change my mind on that.

Okie dokie. But what if Curvy averages out to 50-60 games per season for the rest of his career? It happens. Consistency is a talent often ignored by certain fans.

Dach was looking like our best player. If he'd kept up his dominant play he would've been a legit #1C.

And if my aunt had a set of balls she'd be my uncle yet here we are.

Yeah i’m still not over the fact that we won’t be able to see him play this season. Very sad, for a guy that looked like he was gonna take a huge step.

Maybe if someday he could stay healthy for a full 82 you'd find out. I like Kirby but he is a fragile, that's not a minor knock, that's a big knock.

Would you trade Xhekaj for Zegras? For Lafreniere?

For Lafs? Heck no. 1 for 1 for Zegras? Now that's a tough one.

I think I'd have to in spite of how much I like Xhekaj, but it's a flawed question as that offer would never be made by Anaheim or NYR.

I can't believe some of you would honestly entertain trading Arber for Lafs.

Reactions: Redux91

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
hahahaha
Not one game? Not even a single one? OMG!! How many have you played so far....30 or 40?
You have played 3. And the New Jersey loss was the second of a back to back against a rested NJ squad. And you took the leafs to a shootout. 3 games. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Good grief bud. The season has just started and you are ready to go off a cliff.
are you calling the tired card when the habs had the easiest schedule of October in the whole league? The further they travelled was freaking Buffalo and Toronto to this date lmao.

They will travel to Vegas for October 30th. they will travel more that day than they did the whole month of playing. Lmao

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
hahahaha

Grow-up kiddo. I didn't say the sky is falling. Spinning my response is incredibly childish. I'm simply making you realize that 4 wins against weak teams isn't a sign that we'll be battling for a wildcard spot, but instead of acting maturily, telling yourself, "oh right, those teams weren't strong opposition" you go right off and put words into my mouth.

Furthermore, the exact same f***ing thing happened last year, where we played bottom teams, like 2/3 of our first 30 games and all the kiddos like you got your hopes up for nothing.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Cole Caufield is so good that he doesn't need his own thread, we just talk about his exploits in the titles of GDTs.

Other players need their own threads wherein we discuss why it's not joever for them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope they show Barron how to tie up a guy in front of the net cause that first goal was basic defensive stuff that needs to be cleaned up for him to be a top 4

Some guys never learn the defensive side adequately. If everyone could do it equally, everyone would be the exact same level of a defensive player. But it's the NHL. Some are more gifted at processing the defensive side of the game. Barron and Xhekaj are learning it now, and how well they learn it will determine how good of a career they have. But it can take up until the age of 25 (or more) to learn it.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Hater.

Jebus. Get a clue amigo. The ship's going down. The powers that be need a scapegoat. Get educated.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. You never trade the unicorn because he can't be replaced. Like when OTT traded Chara, you don't trade the special guy. Trade fricking Redden.

Okie dokie. But what if Curvy averages out to 50-60 games per season for the rest of his career? It happens. Consistency is a talent often ignored by certain fans.

And if my aunt had a set of balls she'd be my uncle yet here we are.

Maybe if someday he could stay healthy for a full 82 you'd find out. I like Kirby but he is a fragile, that's not a minor knock, that's a big knock.

For Lafs? Heck no. 1 for 1 for Zegras? Now that's a tough one.

You quoted like 100 comments and you’re hating the entire time

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
hahahaha

Hey, its Montreal. It’s never too early to panic.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Actually I think both Columbus and Buffalo are quite ahead of us in there rebuild and have better elements. Yet we manage to get the W against both of them. I think the collective game is slowly starting to gel and the team will progress a lot this year (if injuries can stop) and for that we need that team to avoid penalties.
I would agree that both Columbus and Buffalo are, today , further ahead in their re-builds. But that may change quickly as the bulk of our many more promising players ( Hutson, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Tuch, Beck, etc.) have yet to arrive and the two players that are currently playing (Xhekaj and Slafkovsky ) are still trying to find their respective ways. The time to assess the success of the ongoing re-build will be one month into the 2025/2026 . By that time we will know if the promise is real or illusory. Until then let’s enjoy some entertaining hockey like we witnessed against Columbus.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I'd be more inclined to for Zegras. Slow start withstanding, he's a game-breaker, dynamic center. I'll change my mind re Laf. My gut was screaming no from the start at the thought of it. He's come out like gangbusters so far this year. So I talked myself into it as we have a ton of defensemen, but are severely lacking scoring forwards. And I'd bet anything Rangers wouldn't trade Laf for Arber. Which tells you clearly how high I am on Arber.

Having said that, I'll reverse the question to you. If Laf is at around a 35 goal pace by the trading deadline, do YOU trade Xhekaj for him?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was a non-sensical proposition to begin with. However, considering our wealth of D men and lack of star forwards, Zegras or Laf (considering his current play) would be hard to turn down. I love Xhekaj, though. If we were low on dmen and rich with top-six forwards, I wouldn't trade him for those guys. But again, there is no way either NYR or Ana would entertain that trade at this point, IMO. So it's a mute point.
The point is muted!

1698516085865.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LesCanadiens

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You do realize we haven't won a single game against last season's playoff teams, right?

Seeing the team go 4 wins against shitty teams isn't a sign of anything, other than people being irrational and lacking proper perspective.

@Rapala too?
:huh: I'm calling and have continued to call a .500 team at best and actually expected a record of 4-4-1 for this month so I'm missing the point. Show me the irrationality and lack of perspective. I'll be here.

Last edited:
Reactions: NMacrules

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Grow-up kiddo. I didn't say the sky is falling. Spinning my response is incredibly childish. I'm simply making you realize that 4 wins against weak teams isn't a sign that we'll be battling for a wildcard spot, but instead of acting maturily, telling yourself, "oh right, those teams weren't strong opposition" you go right off and put words into my mouth.

Furthermore, the exact same f***ing thing happened last year, where we played bottom teams, like 2/3 of our first 30 games and all the kiddos like you got your hopes up for nothing.
You seem angry. No one has called me kiddo in 50 years...when I was 10. Take a breath. Believe it or not, you have a good team. Stop being so upset. I was simply pointing out that you are a negative nancy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad