Post-Game Talk: Caufield scores OT winner to beat the BJs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's called a 'Trio' tho dude!
But Caufield produces regardless. Doesn’t matter if it’s Anderson or Monahan or whatever…
Because obviously we'll n... ahh nvm lol
Precisely why I said, ain't getting into it,
I deal with enough hypotheticals in life lol
Alright bud. Let’s see how it goes this year. I hope to self ban from the Nick thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
But Caufield produces regardless. Doesn’t matter if it’s Anderson or Monahan or whatever…

Alright bud. Let’s see how it goes this year. I hope to self ban from the Nick thread.
It's weird this whole thing
I'm not saying you're not right in most of what youve said,
But I feel like you're being too harsh lol
It's a sticky topic I just rather revisit a bit later on yeah lol

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's not because he looked great as 2C that he'd do better than Suzuki as 1C. It's a possibility, but in no way does that make him better than Suzuki for now. How many points would Suzuki get playing the exploitation line instead of first line duty?
I'm not knocking Suzuki by saying Dach looked even better for the short time he's been healthy. Of course Dach will have to prove it over a full season, but the hints I saw were pretty exciting.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm not knocking Suzuki by saying Dach looked even better for the short time he's been healthy. Of course Dach will have to prove it over a full season, but the hints I saw were pretty exciting.
I mean, dans le fonds
Dans le fonds fonds? (at the bottom of it all)
1 did get drafted 3rd overall
And 1 did get drafted 13th overall lol
Right?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I mean, dans le fonds
Dans le fonds fonds? (at the bottom of it all)
1 did get drafted 3rd overall
And 1 did get drafted 13th overall lol
Right?
Draft pedigree has nothing to do with it... although if Dach can stay healthy, he'll be much better than our other 3OA centers, Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Kotkaniemi.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
As opposed to the steadfast game played by Xhekaj who last night was caught out of position repeatedly and turned over the puck promiscuously.
I'm trying to understand, Chester? Was Xhekaj flashing his opponents as he handed the puck over to them? ;)

Concentrating on removing that from his play would surely help reduce the amount of turnovers, no?

Yet
Boxscore has 2 giveaways for Harris and 0 for Xhekaj
What about the EDGE platform on NHL? They know everything. Even better than Artificial Intelligence. It's like REAL intelligence or something...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm also not petty enough to disagree with that
Was a rough one but I will continue to believe he will get better with time AND obviously we have to find THE partner for him
A rookie reinbacher would do wonders for him whenever he takes the step
What about a rookie Hutson he can watch handle the puck for minutes on end while he concentrates the D side of things from the right side?

It could be as early as next year. If not, the year after.

Matheson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Would you trade Xhekaj for Zegras? For Lafreniere?
I think I'd have to in spite of how much I like Xhekaj, but it's a flawed question as that offer would never be made by Anaheim or NYR. So, especially contextually, considering our depth in D prospects, I would do it. Although it would still pain me.

A more apt question would be would I trade Xhekaj for a 1st rounder not likely to be a high pick. And that would be an easy NO for me. I'd rather bet on a still very young Arber getting better and better in every way.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
What's up with your goalie situation?

Who gets the nod tomorrow?
I'd think Allen.

He was talking to Marty this morning, probably not too happy to watch two games after a couple of solid performances. Goalies hate sitting out for too long. When they're feeling it they like to play as much as possible.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
:help:
I think I'd have to in spite of how much I like Xhekaj, but it's a flawed question as that offer would never be made by Anaheim or NYR. So, especially contextually, considering our depth in D prospects, I would do it. Although it would still pain me.

A more apt question would be would I trade Xhekaj for a 1st rounder not likely to be a high pick. And that would be an easy NO for me. I'd rather bet on a still very young Arber getting better and better in every way.
Why would you trade Xhekaj who is still getting better the more he plays. It might be a wise decision to see where he plateaus at before trying to set a proper valuation on the asset.

Reactions: Runner77

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
:help:

Why would you trade Xhekaj who is still getting better the more he plays. It might be a wise decision to see where he plateaus at before trying to set a proper valuation on the asset.
It was a non-sensical proposition to begin with. However, considering our wealth of D men and lack of star forwards, Zegras or Laf (considering his current play) would be hard to turn down. I love Xhekaj, though. If we were low on dmen and rich with top-six forwards, I wouldn't trade him for those guys. But again, there is no way either NYR or Ana would entertain that trade at this point, IMO. So it's a mute point.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad