Post-Game Talk: Caufield scores OT winner to beat the BJs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I mean if those are his only flaws with my list, he should at least acknowledge Suzuki is in a range with like 10-25 guys for spots 25-50, even if he can make the 25 spot it is far from a given and proves he's not a bonafide
Exactly. He’s in competition with several guys for those final spots.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Pretty similar? He's never scored more points than him despite playing with a stacked forward group in Winnipeg, got completely killed against us in the playoffs, and got called out by his coach along with the rest of the main players for being awful in the next playoff appearance despite what his stats say.

I just don't understand how you can completely ignore linemate quality differences. Our 2nd leading scorer would have been 8th on the Sabres last year. The Sabres had 5 25+ goalscorers, we had 2. Cozens plays on an elite forward core, Suzuki plays on one of the worst. His "best season" was 2 points more. Suzuki showed considerably more at the start of their careers. No GM would take Cozens over Suzuki.
Yeah, why take a guy who’s bigger and scores more at a younger age? As for Dubois, I’d probably take Suzuki but it’s a bit of a coin toss. Both are the same caliber of player… the point is that there are lots of guys who’d be competing for those final spots. Suzuki is a fringe number one at best.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Several guys would be PPG. We just don’t have those players. And they’d esp be PPg if they had half a season with Caufield.
No they wouldn't. You think a guy like RNH would still be PPG playing with those guys? All the guys would would list have played with considerably better talents than Caufield.

Yeah, why take a guy who’s bigger and scores more at a younger age?
Because he wouldn't be scoring more playing on the Habs and Suzuki would have easily hit 80+ points playing on that Sabres team. I'll also take definitely clutch in the playoffs and has outplayed the other teams top centers every time over being bigger.

Reactions: viceroy

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
No they wouldn't. You think a guy like RNH would still be PPG playing with those guys? All the guys would would list have played with considerably better talents than Caufield.

Because he wouldn't be scoring more playing on the Habs and Suzuki would have easily hit 80+ points playing on that Sabres team. I'll also take definitely clutch in the playoffs and has outplayed the other teams top centers every time over being bigger.
Nuge can't even be a debate right now, he literally put up 100 last year

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think a guy like Matthews would be 80 points without breaking a sweat. He’s a real number one.
Sorry, Cozems is already better and he’s only been in the league two years.

Again though, we’re already talking about the bottom slots… he’s fringe number one at best.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Moving on though I'm calling Caufield 100 point season right now

100 point threat every year moving forward

Habs fans won't even know what to think, it has been so long

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well there you have it, you just proved that you don't know what you are talking about. RNH played most of his time with Draisaitl and McDavid on the PP and had one more EV point than Suzuki. His most common linemates at EV were Hyman and McDavid.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Another guy I think would’ve maybe passed Nick this year is Kirby Dach. He was great at driving possession and made every line he was on better. He was, along with CC, our best player in the preseason. I had big expectations of him this year.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He was a unique player. Carbonneau used to play every night against the league’s best players and would come out on top but he didn’t score that much. Bergeron did both.

So YES he’s a number one but not a conventional number one. He was so good defensively but still put up good points.
He might have averaged 60/70 points a year probably, while playing on one of the best best lines in hockey for over a decade with two other elite forwards. According to your list there he's not a true #1.

I mean if Suzuki can get 66 points playing with Ahl scrubs for half a season I would love to see his upside statistically saddled with two other elite linemates and another quality center to help with the matchups. I might be crazy but think he would easily be in the 80-90 point range if not better.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He might of averaged 60/70 points a year probably, while playing on one of the best best lines in hockey for over a decade with two other elite forwards. According to your list there he's not a true #1.
I just told you he was. And sorry but why bring him up? Suzuki is nowhere close to Bergeron. You’re doing a real disservice by comparing them.
I mean if Suzuki can get 66 points playing with Ahl scrubs for hals a season I would love to see his upside statistically saddle with two other elite linemates and another quality center to help with the matchups. I might be crazy but think he would easily be in the 80-90 point range if not better.
Suzuki had Cc who was pacing for 50 goals and still dropped off. It’s not like he had nobody to play with. His slump started long before CC went on the IR.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think a guy like Matthews would be 80 points without breaking a sweat. He’s a real number one.

Sorry, Cozems is already better and he’s only been in the league two years.

Again though, we’re already talking about the bottom slots… he’s fringe number one at best.
Matthews scored over 80 twice in his career so far playing on a lethal Leafs offense so no he wouldn't (although his injuries are a large reason why). If he played all 82 games then maybe. There's only a handful of guys that can do it if completely healthy. Matthews playing with the likes of Nylander/Marner and then Tavares and Rielly on the PP completely blows Suzuki's linemates out of the water.

He's not though that's the thing. He plays with vastly superior teammates. I know that means nothing to you but it means everything here. When the second leading scorer on our team would be 8th on theirs, that tells you the whole story. At Cozens age Suzuki did way more due to his playoff performances.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Matthews scored over 80 twice in his career so far playing on a lethal Leafs offense so no he wouldn't (although his injuries are a large reason why). If he played all 82 games then maybe. There's only a handful of guys that can do it if completely healthy. Matthews playing with the likes of Nylander/Marner and then Tavares and Rielly on the PP completely blows Suzuki's linemates out of the water.

He's not though that's the thing. He plays with vastly superior teammates. I know that means nothing to you but it means everything here. When the second leading scorer on our team would be 8th on theirs, that tells you the whole story. At Cozens age Suzuki did way more due to his playoff performances.
Suzuki paced for 66 points with CC last year. That was before CC’s injury and CC was pacing for close to 50 goals.

The numbers don’t support what you’re saying. Linemates weren’t the problem.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Suzuki paced for 66 points with CC last year. That was before CC’s injury and CC was pacing for close to 50 goals.

The numbers don’t support what you’re saying. Linemates weren’t the problem.
*Caufield for half a season. Yes Suzuki won't be a 50 goalscorer, that goalscoring rate was an anomaly.

They clearly do. 38 38-point second scoring leader is pretty much unheard of. That's 8th on a team like the Sabres.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
*Caufield for half a season. Yes Suzuki won't be a 50 goalscorer, that goalscoring rate was an anomaly.
Nobody is talking about Suzuki pacing for 50 goals. But you’ve tried to blame CC’s injury for Nick’s lack of points. It’s clearly not the case. He paced for 66 WITH Cc on his wing.
They clearly do. 38 38-point second scoring leader is pretty much unheard of. That's 8th on a team like the Sabres.
66 points is what he paced for with and without CC. It made no difference. He racked up points to start the year and then went in the tank. Cc kept scoring… it had nothing to do with linemates.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nobody is talking about Suzuki pacing for 50 goals. But you’ve tried to blame CC’s injury for Nick’s lack of points. It’s clearly not the case. He paced for 66 WITH Cc on his wing.

66 points is what he paced for with and without CC. It made no difference.
No I've blamed the lack of quality linemates as evidenced by the 38 point second leading scorer. Caufield was a quality linemate but got injured for half the season.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
F9aOEEwWAAAIQR0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dgeezus

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah Slaf don't good stats so far, only 1 point in 7 games, but he play better than that. If Anderson can finish, Slaf would have at least 3-4 more assists in his actual stats.
This year's Slaf is incomparable to last year's Slaf. I think he's made great strides and if you look closely you can see the faint outlines of a beast in the making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad