Value of: Casey Cizikas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
What team are you asking to trade him to? As an Islanders fan, I have no interest in moving him for a cap dump, a mediocre pick and an overhyped prospect. Now if you want a bottom six center, JG Pageau (at full cap hit) for a prospect and a pick is available.

Reactions: Glorydays22

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What team are you asking to trade him to? As an Islanders fan, I have no interest in moving him for a cap dump, a mediocre pick and an overhyped prospect. Now if you want a bottom six center, JG Pageau (at full cap hit) for a prospect and a pick is available.
you'd be great on shark tank

Reactions: gab6511

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
you'd be great on shark tank
I mean, a 5th, some C rate prospect and a cap dump won’t get it done but a quality winger (with a similar cap hit) that helps improve the Islanders would be of interest. No interest in trading Cizikas for Mike Hoffman or another teams leftovers or trash.

Reactions: Glorydays22

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I mean, a 5th, some C rate prospect and a cap dump won’t get it done but a quality winger (with a similar cap hit) that helps improve the Islanders would be of interest. No interest in trading Cizikas for Mike Hoffman or another teams leftovers or trash.
you'll take Jeff Skinner and like it. Otherwise "I'm out"

• Haha
Reactions: PettersonHughes

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles played him on the top line wing down the stretch. I believe they wanted to see him away from Martin and Clutterbuck. He played excellent.(he’s not a permanent top6 guy obviously)

In an ideal world the isles would trade Pageau and then have Cizikas take over as the 3C. ( MaClean new 4C)

Cizikas is a tireless worker and great penalty killer.

As for what his value is in a trade I’m not really sure. Depends on the team acquiring him.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Isles played him on the top line wing down the stretch. I believe they wanted to see him away from Martin and Clutterbuck. He played excellent.(he’s not a permanent top6 guy obviously)

In an ideal world the isles would trade Pageau and then have Cizikas take over as the 3C. ( MaClean new 4C)

Cizikas is a tireless worker and great penalty killer.

As for what his value is in a trade I’m not really sure. Depends on the team acquiring him.

Agree with the first three paragraphs.

As far as value? Definitely "worth more on the team than assets returned via trade"

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Are you guys re-signing Matt Martin?

Can't imagine we're walking away, this is Lou we're talking about.

Most likely though. I imagine if he couldn't find any takers the Isles would throw some kind of assistant coach position at him somewhere in the org.

He's a quality guy and the org loves him, so I think he'll have a job as an off-ice Islander if no one offers him a deal.

Personally think a team will offer him your typical one year, 775k contract and Lou will tell him he could make the same on Long Island in some sort of role.

Reactions: FoxYou727

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
You’re going to need to break that one down for me.
Jeff skinner scores 25 goals for you we get back 200k in perpetuity for every goal for the length of his contract and that drops the retention rate to only 20%....fvck idk I just made that up. Maybe it actually makes sense, maybe a buyout is better. You kinda called my bluff good sir

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Jeff skinner scores 25 goals for you we get back 200k in perpetuity for every goal for the length of his contract and that drops the retention rate to only 20%....fvck idk I just made that up. Maybe it actually makes sense, maybe a buyout is better. You kinda called my bluff good sir
Slinger costs more than Barzal. We can’t have a 2nd line figure skater making more than a true top line talent. If you want to cash in on figure skaters, contact your friends up in Toronto. I’m sure they can use another forward who can eat up a solid chunk of the cap.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Slinger costs more than Barzal. We can’t have a 2nd line figure skater making more than a true top line talent. If you want to cash in on figure skaters, contact your friends up in Toronto. I’m sure they can use another forward who can eat up a solid chunk of the cap.
I have no friends up north trust me but we all wish you the best of luck with your top line.....aho? and......

shit idk remind me again? Yall got Horvat now right? Recipe for success. Hey no hard feelings we can talk again at the deadline when Pelech or Pulock are on the move....I'd offer a bigger package there (Heyyooooo).

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I have no friends up north trust me but we all wish you the best of luck with your top line.....aho? and......

shit idk remind me again? Yall got Horvat now right? Recipe for success. Hey no hard feelings we can talk again at the deadline when Pelech or Pulock are on the move....I'd offer a bigger package there (Heyyooooo).
I could see Pelech possibly moving but Pulock not a chance.
Same thing with Pelech as the Cizikas deal. A hockey trade for a top 6 forward who can play with Barzal/Horvat not named Skinner or Olofsson (unless he figured out the rink is 200 ft).

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Highly doubtful he’s available. CC will probably retire an Islander, especially after Lou extends him for another 35 years.

JGP is the one to go, and there’s a good chance we will see that happen.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I could see Pelech possibly moving but Pulock not a chance.
Same thing with Pelech as the Cizikas deal. A hockey trade for a top 6 forward who can play with Barzal/Horvat not named Skinner or Olofsson (unless he figured out the rink is 200 ft).
please never say that name again lol...he gone!

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
I feel like Lou considers him an "untouchable" and will only be moved for a package that includes a 1st +

His actual market value? I'd say a 3rd all things considered

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Islanders interested in picks?

Cizikas+ for 11th overall from Buffalo?
Lou is the GM and the Islanders are in no real position to move whatever the + portion is unless you want JG Pageau or Anders Lee at a full cap hit as well with Cizikas.

please never say that name again lol...he gone!
What about a clueless forward with a fancy shot? We can offer you one lightly used Oliver Wahlstrom in return for future considerations.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad