Value of: Casey Cizikas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Regarding his time on the wing (and wanting to separate him from his 4th line wings), was it because they were holding him back and he needed an expanded role, the 4th line and 1st lines just weren't working, or something else? We had Dakota Joshua, a rugged 3rd/ 4th line winger all of a sudden pop off this season too, and honestly I'm wary that it might just be a hot playoff run and that he might not be worth the $3.5-$4 million paycheck. Does CC have top-6 upside?

As well, you mentioned him as the 3C, but our current 3C Blueger is pending UFA, bigger, around the same level of skill in draws, scored more points and younger. Honest question, is his value/ upside that high such that he would warrant a 1st?
It was more so out of necessity. It gave the top line a bit of a different look when things started to go stale. It worked but ideally he’s not a top 6 player outside of injuries. He’s better suited as a checking line center.

How are you going to move him out without cap retained or taking a small contract back? We save $2,900,000 and it's a matching term. We get another bottom 6 player, another pick (perfect for a goalie in the 5th round) and a possible late bloomer.

I just don't see dealing JGP without some money coming back.
3m with term is the issue. Like I said, if Jarnkrok was a pending UFA next summer it would work but not with his additional year. Dobson and Romanov both need raises in 2025 so the additional space will help.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It was more so out of necessity. It gave the top line a bit of a different look when things started to go stale. It worked but ideally he’s not a top 6 player outside of injuries. He’s better suited as a checking line center.

3m with term is the issue. Like I said, if Jarnkrok was a pending UFA next summer it would work but not with his additional year. Dobson and Romanov both need raises in 2025 so the additional space will help.
You can always structure Dobson and Romanov to make less in year one and catch up over time with the long-term contract to make that work. If Dobber is 8.5 million for 7 years, you shave $2,000,000 off up front and add $325,000 approximately for the next 6 years.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You can always structure Dobson and Romanov to make less in year one and catch up over time with the long-term contract to make that work. If Dobber is 8.5 million for 7 years, you shave $2,000,000 off up front and add $325,000 approximately for the next 6 years.
Still not interested in Jarnkrok.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Regarding his time on the wing (and wanting to separate him from his 4th line wings), was it because they were holding him back and he needed an expanded role, the 4th line and 1st lines just weren't working, or something else? We had Dakota Joshua, a rugged 3rd/ 4th line winger all of a sudden pop off this season too, and honestly I'm wary that it might just be a hot playoff run and that he might not be worth the $3.5-$4 million paycheck. Does CC have top-6 upside?

As well, you mentioned him as the 3C, but our current 3C Blueger is pending UFA, bigger, around the same level of skill in draws, scored more points and younger. Honest question, is his value/ upside that high such that he would warrant a 1st?
I think the idea was twofold, to see him away from Martin and Clutterbuck and , they wanted to see if he could grind out and do the work for Horvat and Barzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad