Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly

Part of me agrees, because Hart has probably added many points to the Flyers total this season. And if you want to "bottom out" he isn't helping. But part of me remembers decade after decade after decade of the goaltending carousel.

Ersson has 10 NHL games under his belt. He hasn't proven a whole lot yet.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Carter Hart is one of those players who has not lived up to the potential and hype but will still have the asking price based in said potential and hype.

Hart has been very underwhelming in his NHL career and is not a top NHL goalie.

Your farm team could beat the Flyers. He's been playing behind Ristolainen (when Risto hasn't injured him) and Deangelo among other bums. He's looked good in the short glimpses he has a real NHL team in front of him.

pooch

May 30, 2017
As a Habs fan, I’d love to get Hart. I believe he will be a legit#1 Star Goalie. Here is what I would offer.

Habs 2024 1st Unprotected+ Hoffman (cap dump)+Allen for Hart and Provov.

Hart could be Price’s replacement and our goalie for the next decade.
This offer is not good and would be a conversation ender.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I think Montreal is way ahead. Especially if we get Dubois. Our Dcore is beyond set for the next 15 years. Our forward corps is pretty good now when healthy. Then we should add Dubois and a good pick this year. Only a matter of time before we're good. We just need a 3c if Monahan can't come back and a goalie.

Caufield Suzuki Slakovsky
Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman
RHP Monahan/Dvorak Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen
Roy, Beck, Mesar on the way

Guhle Savard (stop gap for Mailloux)
Matheson Barron
Xhekaj Edmundson (stop gap for Hutson)
Harris, Kovacevic
Engstrom, Struble, Trudeau, Fairbrother on the way

Montembault
Allen
IF you think that Dcore is set for 15 years and that forward core is just PLD away that is some pretty strong hopium they have you smoking. The Habs are 2-3 years away from looking for a goalie or being a serious threat for a wild card spot. Hart is not what the Habs need or what they should be wasting assets on.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
I think Montreal is way ahead. Especially if we get Dubois. Our Dcore is beyond set for the next 15 years. Our forward corps is pretty good now when healthy. Then we should add Dubois and a good pick this year. Only a matter of time before we're good. We just need a 3c if Monahan can't come back and a goalie.

Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman
RHP Monahan/Dvorak Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen

Matheson Barron
Harris, Kovacevic

Montembault
Allen
You have an extremely rosy view on the team. Most of our prospects will not pan out how you think they will.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You have an extremely rosy view on the team. Most of our prospects will not pan out how you think they will.
like who?

IF you think that Dcore is set for 15 years and that forward core is just PLD away that is some pretty strong hopium they have you smoking. The Habs are 2-3 years away from looking for a goalie or being a serious threat for a wild card spot. Hart is not what the Habs need or what they should be wasting assets on.
They can compete for a wild card spot with Hart and Dubois next year, and then try to build towards being a contender in 3 years.

pooch

May 30, 2017
An unprotected 2024 1st from a team like the Habs is worth multiple late 1sts imo.

Hard to imagine getting a better pick anywhere else. I doubt the Habs would even do that tbh.
You think that offer is enough for both Hart and Provorov? No way.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
like who?

They can compete for a wild card spot with Hart and Dubois next year, and then try to build towards being a contender in 3 years.
Like all the prospects who never played pro hockey before.
Remember how Primeau was a sure thing when he dominated in NCAA? How KK was a great pick because he was a few months younger and already playing in a men’s league?

same g duo, same 6 dmen, same forwards except for Monahan, Drouin, Byron = same results Last in Atlantic.

next one could be Slafkovsky. First line material is not a certainty.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Like all the prospects who never played pro hockey before.
Remember how Primeau was a sure thing when he dominated in NCAA? How KK was a great pick because he was a few months younger and already playing in a men’s league?

same g duo, same 6 dmen, same forwards except for Monahan, Drouin, Byron = same results Last in Atlantic.

next one could be Slafkovsky. First line material is not a certainty.

Our pool is deep enough that if a guy like Slafvovsky doesn't pan out, someone else will.

But to compare a 7th round pick to the 1st overall pick is a reach. I was never sold on Primeau after the world Juniors. I didn't like his lack of Movement, found him ver stationary and stiff.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
like who?

Is the NHL expanding the playoffs by another 8 teams? Even if Boston drops off a cliff with retirements in the east alone these teams are ahead of the HABS.
Tampa
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa
Detriot
Florida
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Carolina
Washington
Pittsburg
maybe even NY Islanders
Any team out of the playoffs on this list have cap space to add and young players/prospects equal or better than the HABS.
As I said 2 to 3 more years before the Habs are even looking at a wild card.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Is the NHL expanding the playoffs by another 8 teams? Even if Boston drops off a cliff with retirements in the east alone these teams are ahead of the HABS.
Tampa
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa
Detriot
Florida
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Carolina
Washington
Pittsburg
maybe even NY Islanders
Any team out of the playoffs on this list have cap space to add and young players/prospects equal or better than the HABS.
True it's likely going to take another to 2 years maybe 3 or 4 years before Montreal become a playoffs team that has a honest chance of winning in the playoffs . So if its true that its going to take that long there's no reason for K. Hughes to trade for C. Hart who is currently overrated by some in the media .

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tampa
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa
Detriot
Florida
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Carolina
Washington
Pittsburg
maybe even NY Islanders

We'll see if we're a bubble team or not next year, if we get Duboua this summer...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman/Dvorak
RHP Monahan Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen

Matheson Barron
Harris, Kovacevic

Montembault
Allen
Why are Hab fans continually penciling in Dubois ? He can still absolutely re up with the Jets who look far more competitive for the foreseeable future . None of those d are proven either ( beyond the aicient ones ) . Very optimistic take .

Reactions: TS Quint

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
True it's likely going to take another to 2 years maybe 3 or 4 years before Montreal become a playoffs team that has a honest chance of winning in the playoffs . So if its true that its going to take that long there's no reason for K. Hughes to trade for C. Hart who is currently overrated by some in the media .
agreed. A goalie is the last thing the Habs should be trading for.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why are Hab fans continually penciling in Dubois ? He can still absolutely re up with the Jets who look far more competitive for the foreseeable future . None of those d are proven either ( beyond the aicient ones ) . Very optimistic take .

If you've watched the Habs this year, and not just looked at the stat box and draft rankings, you'd understand.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The Flyers need to keep Hart. He would not fetch anything close to what he brings to the Flyers. What would he get, maybe a late first round pick? A 2nd round pick and a weak prospect? That's not worth it. He is a solid starter on a terrible team. His numbers will keep him from getting a huge contract, so the Flyers just need to keep him.

Reactions: Dutronc

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
It depends on how good you think the goalie is.

Would be nice to get a great goalie of the future. But goalies are hard to project.
Then Carter Hart is not the right target. He could be a very good goalie but has been developed very poorly by the Flyers. He has never been the same after AV publicly called him out a few years ago. He may never be the same again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad