Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's really the only guy I wouldn't trade. I mean it only took Philly 4 decades to find a goalie, why trade him?
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly

Reactions: Evergreen

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly
Yeah if they are going to move him so that he doesn't have to go through a rebuild then I doubt he'd want to go to Montreal. It's more or less the same situation, although Montreal is a bit ahead in their rebuild.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
What is the point of that trade, since Carter Hart has similar stats to Montembeault ? :huh:
Carter Hart (48 games) will most likely play twice as many games then Samuel Montembeault (28 games) this season, that makes a difference, if Montembeault played in 48 games his numbers would probably be twice as worse.

The Flyers won’t be trading Hart anyways as he’s been the reason that the Flyers aren’t dead last, the team in front of Hart is shit.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Carter Hart (48 games) will most likely play twice as many games then Samuel Montembeault (28 games) this season, that makes a difference, if Montembeault played in 48 games his numbers would probably be twice as worse.

The Flyers won’t be trading Hart anyways as he’s been the reason that the Flyers aren’t dead last, the team in front of Hart is shit.

Fair enough, but Jake Allen and Montembeault are as bad or as good as Carter Hart and they play on a shitier team.

That trade is useless for the Habs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah if they are going to move him so that he doesn't have to go through a rebuild then I doubt he'd want to go to Montreal. It's more or less the same situation, although Montreal is a bit ahead in their rebuild.
I think Montreal is way ahead. Especially if we get Dubois. Our Dcore is beyond set for the next 15 years. Our forward corps is pretty good now when healthy. Then we should add Dubois and a good pick this year. Only a matter of time before we're good. We just need a 3c if Monahan can't come back and a goalie.

Caufield Suzuki Slakovsky
Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman/Dvorak
RHP Monahan Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen
Roy, Beck, Mesar on the way

Guhle Savard (stop gap for Mailloux)
Matheson Barron
Xhekaj Edmundson (stop gap for Hutson)
Harris, Kovacevic
Engstrom, Struble, Trudeau, Fairbrother on the way

Montembault
Allen

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I think Montreal is way ahead. Especially if we get Dubois. Our Dcore is beyond set for the next 15 years. Our forward corps is pretty good now when healthy. Then we should add Dubois and a good pick this year. Only a matter of time before we're good. We just need a 3c if Monahan can't come back and a goalie.

Caufield Suzuki Slakovsky
Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman
RHP ________ Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen
Roy, Beck, Mesar on the way

Guhle Savard (stop gap for Mailloux)
Matheson Barron
Xhekaj Edmundson (stop gap for Hutson)
Harris, Kovacevic
Engstrom, Struble, Trudeau, Fairbrother on the way

Montembault
Allen
Yeah, the Habs are definitely ahead, but still going through those final rebuild year(s), especially with the likes of the Sabres, Senators, and Red Wings also growing and improving, and none of the Bruins/Leafs/Lightning and even Panthers going anywhere.

Hart could go to Montreal and still be a few years from another playoff appearance - that's all I meant.

pooch

May 30, 2017
Carter Hart is one of those players who has not lived up to the potential and hype but will still have the asking price based in said potential and hype.

Hart has been very underwhelming in his NHL career and is not a top NHL goalie.
As a Flyers fan, I tend to feel the same way watching him game in and game out, however, I’d love to see what he would do with a good team in front of him. We have done him no favors. I’d consider trading him, but it would cost a lot.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, the Habs are definitely ahead, but still going through those final rebuild year(s), especially with the likes of the Sabres, Senators, and Red Wings also growing and improving, and none of the Bruins/Leafs/Lightning and even Panthers going anywhere.

Hart could go to Montreal and still be a few years from another playoff appearance - that's all I meant.

True!

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
As a Habs fan, I’d love to get Hart. I believe he will be a legit#1 Star Goalie. Here is what I would offer.

Habs 2024 1st Unprotected+ Hoffman (cap dump)+Allen for Hart and Provov.

Hart could be Price’s replacement and our goalie for the next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad