Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I may be a little biased here being an attorney, but that's kind of the point of a class action lawsuit though. Most people aren't going to have a strong enough case to make it worth your time or the lawyers time or the court's time but class action lawsuits are a way to hold the wrongdoers accountable. And yes lawyers make more money than the individual claimants most of the time, but if you have a case where your damages are $7.50 no lawyer will take your case and the wrongdoer will essentially be free to rip off as many people as possible for that $7.50 windfall over and over again with little no consequences since no one will sue over $7.50 worth of damages.

Now, if you have suffered a SERIOUS injury from something like a defective product where you had an actual injury that can be connected to the product (or whatever the issue is) then yes, your best bet is to find your own attorney and not be part of the class.
Unless of course it's a really complex suit where you'd need expensive experts, months of discovery, etc. where the lawyers need multiple plaintiffs to justify the costs of bringing a suit to court.

People forget tort lawyers bear all the risk, so they won't take cases where there isn't a good probability they'll recover enough money to cover their costs (not just lawyers, paralegals, consultants, etc.) and make enough to justify all the time they have to put into the case. Since they'll lose some cases, they have to win big when they win to stay in business.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
If you don't think Hart lived up to expectations on the ice, that's up to you. But then I don't think your expectations were reasonable. The thing that made Hart such a highly-rated prospect was the likelihood relative to other Goalie prospects that he would be a good NHLer. Of course there were people calling him Carey Price, but those sources were...poor.

He was the best goalie the team had since Mason. He’s a number 1 tender in the league.

You’ll see the Flyers ball licker media downplay his impact but he was the most talented/highest ceiling youngster in the org aside from Cutter Gauthier/Matvei.

Even if they were to trade him, to just lose the asset sucks. It would have made sense to re-sign Carter imo as an above average tandem would have been crucial with this BS “no high end talent needed” philosophy of building a team.

When it became clear there was no actual rebuild, Hart was a necessity moving forward imo.

It’s a shit month to be a fan of the team. Lose your number one goalie, and number two prospect in a stupid trade for an injury prone defenseman.

That’s tough, even if they will try to spin it otherwise.

Last edited:

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
Sigh - the Flyers are cursed when it comes to goalies. It's really striking. They end up traded, blind, dead, vertigo'd or in jail.
Who signed a deal with the devil for 74/75?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He was the best goalie the team had since Mason. He’s a number 1 tender in the league.

Yep. Good player.

Goalies aren't consistent in the sense that people traditionally mean it. That's just how it works. Funnily enough, there used to be one exception to this. John Gibson was very good to great year in and year out. And then he just fell off a cliff one day in his mid 20s and that was that. :laugh:

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
1706195537621.jpeg
Carter Hart has played his last NHL game at 25 years old!
All the talk on trading him the last few years was all for not…he was red flagged and the whole NHL knew about his situation.
Sympathy to the victim…
PERIOD!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm sure it was out there, but this is the first I'm hearing about the Halfiax allegation. I went to look at the roster out of curiosity and almost did a spit take. I know nothing whatsoever, nor am I making even the slightest hint of an accusation. It just wasn't what I was expecting to read.

image.png
WJC team, my friend.

I will not be making any assumptions about a number of players on that team though.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
If you don't think Hart lived up to expectations on the ice, that's up to you. But then I don't think your expectations were reasonable. The thing that made Hart such a highly-rated prospect was the likelihood relative to other Goalie prospects that he would be a good NHLer. Of course there were people calling him Carey Price, but those sources were...poor.
I think for most fans, their understanding of goalie prospects lags significantly behind their understanding of skater prospects. That combined with the media hype train and the early career success led to the general belief that we had a multiple time Vezina winner on our hands, which Hart clearly is not.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I think for most fans, their understanding of goalie prospects lags significantly behind their understanding of skater prospects. That combined with the media hype train and the early career success led to the general belief that we had a multiple time Vezina winner on our hands, which Hart clearly is not.
The vast majority of fans don't understand prospects at all. Unless you are born into hockey/around hockey consistently growing up, you have to put in university course level research into development routes, league quality, understanding of how each junior/university/pro league work, production relative to age, age/birthyear, relative age effect, style of game based on country/continent, transfer agreements, and then understanding of positions and their relative prime production age.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
If they ever wanted to implement a “Caucasians” to balance out the Indian themed team names Utah would be probably be the most applicable.
capture121.jpg

Got that logo ready.

Also, I just read this whole thread through from yesterday and boy am I glad I read the Beef sanitized version instead of up-to-the-minute updates. Woof.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Yep. Good player.

Goalies aren't consistent in the sense that people traditionally mean it. That's just how it works. Funnily enough, there used to be one exception to this. John Gibson was very good to great year in and year out. And then he just fell off a cliff one day in his mid 20s and that was that. :laugh:
I do think that was a strength of Hart though, the consistency. There are plenty of sample sizes you can look at where he was very inconsistent, but I think overall he was a pretty consistent goalie you could count on to make important saves. That has a lot of value when it comes to contracts. The next stratosphere, which I don't think he belonged in, is the group that can take over a game consistently.

Every goalie is going to have stinkers and slumps. Every goalie in the NHL is capable of winning a game on their own. A guy like MAF is on his 4th team because his consistency was never worth his AAV. Hart, without putting too much thought into it, was on par with a guy like Jarry with a top end of like Oettinger. The true dominant playoff run missing from the equation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad