Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
A question for some of you...if the players are found not guilty, will they come back to play for their respective teams or do you see them going overseas? I am assuming not guilty will allow them back but will they come back?
Money talks. Just wonder how much of a mental toll the trial will take on some of their psyches.

Reactions: Devonator

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
A question for some of you...if the players are found not guilty, will they come back to play for their respective teams or do you see them going overseas? I am assuming not guilty will allow them back but will they come back?
Given when Hart’s contract expires plus this debacle, I think there is almost no chance we see him in a Flyers uniform again. Depending on the trial, none of them may play in the NHL again even if found not guilty

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If the details of the trial are enough to convict them in the court of public opinion, I can see them getting suspended for at least a year even if acquitted under some sort of public morals clause or something like that in the CBA or the league's rules. But if they're not convicted, the league will probably have to allow them to play at some point.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm not sure the Canadian teams will be available to them, presuming "best case scenario." Far too much scrutiny.

I think all of them end up playing for NJ. Nobody in NJ has any scruples. I've seen the documentary film Beer League.

Utah. It’s only fair based on the news drop today.

You're overlooking the one obvious team out there for these guys. It's going to be quite something watching Bedard pass off the Stanley Cup to them.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Hart didn’t live up to expectations, we can all agree on that, but whether he’s guilty or not (let’s not speculate on that) do you think the stress of the case being reopened had anything to do with his performance or do you think this is simply how good he was.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hart didn’t live up to expectations, we can all agree on that, but whether he’s guilty or not (let’s not speculate on that) do you think the stress of the case being reopened had anything to do with his performance or do you think this is simply how good he was.

He’s been up & down over his career not really that abnormal from most goalies. The hype was always out of whack but given draft & contract(s) investment standpoint the Flyers got enough value out of him individually.

Granted I understand probabilities on max outcomes so I never personally held Hart to the “franchise goalie” standard. I also understand you can still have value as a useful player even if you don’t hit that max outcome. So I judge according to that.

Even before this scandal I was of a mindset that I didn’t want to pay him his next contract because it was likely to be a big commitment & I’m generally of the belief of not giving goalies those type of commitments given the general volatility of the position.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Tbf the last two seasons Hart has been pretty good.

Slightly above average NHL starter.

He has been at ~same level as his 2019-20 season where was voted 9th best goalie in terms of AS voting.

Just league sv% is massively down since then.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I believe it contributed to his shockingly bad 2020/21 season, which was I think the worst starting goaltender save percentage since the expansion San Jose Sharks in 92/93.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If you don't think Hart lived up to expectations on the ice, that's up to you. But then I don't think your expectations were reasonable. The thing that made Hart such a highly-rated prospect was the likelihood relative to other Goalie prospects that he would be a good NHLer. Of course there were people calling him Carey Price, but those sources were...poor.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

I think it pretty clearly did. Didn’t he lose a bunch of weight this year? Then there has been all of the mental health stuff… stress will do that to you. It’s clearly been eating away at him.

Reactions: Curufinwe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You get $1.25 and the lawyers get $1,250,000
I may be a little biased here being an attorney, but that's kind of the point of a class action lawsuit though. Most people aren't going to have a strong enough case to make it worth your time or the lawyers time or the court's time but class action lawsuits are a way to hold the wrongdoers accountable. And yes lawyers make more money than the individual claimants most of the time, but if you have a case where your damages are $7.50 no lawyer will take your case and the wrongdoer will essentially be free to rip off as many people as possible for that $7.50 windfall over and over again with little no consequences since no one will sue over $7.50 worth of damages.

Now, if you have suffered a SERIOUS injury from something like a defective product where you had an actual injury that can be connected to the product (or whatever the issue is) then yes, your best bet is to find your own attorney and not be part of the class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad