Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
It isn't just you; Several people have done this, so it is a general comment.

Do you know anyone who has been sexually assaulted? Your final sentence is very often how it doesn't work. It's a traumatic event. It does not play out that way more often than it does.
I have 2 friends who were sexually abused as kids in Boy Scouts. Who still battle with it today. Slightly different circumstances.

A third friend who was sexually abused by a teacher in our local junior high, who is currently under investigation. I think it dramatically affected the way he feels about sexuality.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I can't figure out some of the proposed usages. Blockchain directories and ledgers for local government in China to make corruption harder to hide? That makes sense, their local governance is so broken that steps are needed. Proposed usage to manage payroll at a small business? lol that's just shittier Excel with way higher power usage.

*sigh*

There is almost no meaningful use case. It's just marketing and it will never stop.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's part of the problem with people who "play devil's advocate" or defend people accused of SA is what sounds like a fundamental lack of understanding as to what goes into these situations. And to be clear, saying "I'm just playing devil's advocate" is the same thing as defending the person. Being at a party and getting SA'ed there may never have been a threat of violence or anyone saying someone can't leave. That isn't really any more of a defense to SA than saying "well what were they wearing?" or "were they flirting" and so forth and so on. In general, if you feel the need to video someone telling you that it is ok...it probably isn't ok. And if both parties are drunk, that doesn't give someone the right to do anything. The onus should NOT be on the victim here to make sure they aren't SA'ed.
Recent studies have shown that rape victims often "freeze" and literally can't move. Fear and trauma impacts people differently, flight, fight or freeze. The stereotypical "legitimate" rape victim is supposed to scream, fight and try to flee, otherwise she must have really "wanted it." We now know that stereotype is false. If you're dealing with men who outweigh you by 50 lbs and are much stronger, the reaction is often to be paralyzed with fear and disassociate.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was just curious but all four of Hart, Dube, McLeod, & Foote are on expiring contracts this year. All four will be RFA’s this summer. McLeod & Foote signed their deals this past summer as one year deals. Hart & Dube signed their’s multiple years ago.

Formenton obviously Ottawa already discarded out of the NHL even though they still hold his rights.

What do the teams do here? Do they let it play out in the courts? Foote is pretty inconsequential so he might ultimately be discarded regardless but the other three are useful NHL players to varying degrees. Do those teams just dump them this summer too by not offering a contract?

The only really recent situations I can think of was LA with Voynov & Richards where LA based their decisions on whether they were gonna let due process play out or not based on the ice performance before invoking the moral clause in the contracts.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I was just curious but all four of Hart, Dube, McLeod, & Foote are on expiring contracts this year. All four will be RFA’s this summer. McLeod & Foote signed their deals this past summer as one year deals. Hart & Dube signed their’s multiple years ago.

Formenton obviously Ottawa already discarded out of the NHL even though they still hold his rights.

What do the teams do here? Do they let it play out in the courts? Foote is pretty inconsequential so he might ultimately be discarded regardless but the other three are useful NHL players to varying degrees. Do those teams just dump them this summer too by not offering a contract?

The only really recent situations I can think of was LA with Voynov & Richards where LA based their decisions on whether they were gonna let due process play out or not based on the ice performance before invoking the moral clause in the contracts.

Whether exonerated or not, going into Pittsburgh with everyone screaming "Rapist!" is a PR nightmare.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH

I don't think they have to worry about that, this is the Canadian court system the trial might not even start for years.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Pfft Utah expansion ...

Why do i feel like we're going to get news about Vince McMahon's newest business venture being an XFL-style hockey league?

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Hart’s good but not Tyreek Hill good. It isn’t worth the headache. I see goalies as similar to running backs in football; get an adequate one in a good system and he’ll look good.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

A clear indication they know when the investigation will go public and the franchises are in danger to "loosing" the players! It taste bad. Or where is smoke, there is fire!

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I know Hart’s name was always bounced around but part of me thought that was joking pessimism. Was there serious smoke to his name? There has to be some people on this site with tight ties to the hockey community. I’d like to know how well know the players and story are

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I know Hart’s name was always bounced around but part of me thought that was joking pessimism. Was there serious smoke to his name? There has to be some people on this site with tight ties to the hockey community. I’d like to know how well know the players and story are

Considering how the Flyers took a goalie really high and traded up to get another one.....

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
2 Carter Hart jerseys for sale, authentic home and away. Previously worn once by two heartbroken 10 year old kids.

That sucks man. On a positive note, great username!!

It's been posted here, but the statement from his lawyer or agent left room for speculation, while some other players came out with outright denials. I certainly didn't want to believe it as I've always thought he came across well, but that part of the story kind of stands out. What a world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad