GDT: Carolina Panthers 5: Young and the Restless Fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
That Cincy touchdown was the first truly poor play in two weeks. Carolina is not good enough to tackle like that and get away with it.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Glad to see Legette with a bit of a breakout game. We should be up 2 TDs if not for Diontae drops and terrible tackling. Either way good first half all things considered. Bengals are absolutely desperate and not quite as bad as their 0-3 record. Still not expecting a ton from the team this year but Canales looking more legit after the first 2 disastrous weeks. Dalton coming in obviously a big reason but I also think Canales is getting settled in a bit. He looked way over his head weeks 1 and 2 aside from Bryce sucking.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
What happened with Young? Is it that he can't do those things at the NHL level that scouts thought he could do? Is it that he can't process the game when it's so much faster and bigger? Or does he still have this in him, but needs a fresh start? Or did the Panthers just ruin him "short term"? Or is he just not big enough to handle the rigors?
CJ Stroud was the best available, but Tepper and others didn't like how he sounded when he talked. They took magic beans over someone who was athletically and played a better pro style

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
CJ Stroud was the best available, but Tepper and others didn't like how he sounded when he talked. They took magic beans over someone who was athletically and played a better pro style
Is that a "hindsight" statement? IIRC, most of the rankings had Young above Stroud as well, didn't they? The only concerns I recall about Young were his size. I believe many on this board also liked the pick (not necessarily the trade, but the pick).

Anyhow, was just curious as I don't watch that Panthers often.

I understand the QBs are hard to predict when drafting so often times, guys that get drafted early flop and guys that get drafted later become HOFers. I was just curious about the specifics of why he's struggling and if there is hope for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The trade is akin to asking for a band aid to solve dismemberment. Young I was ambivalent to. Thought he might have it but Stoud was the higher bottom guy. Still not sure if we'd have broken Stroud

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Stroud, Young and Richardson was the top 3.

Stroud was the most ready, Young had the Alabama pedigree while being way under sized and Richardson had the most raw talent and athleticism.

Reports was that the way Stroud spoke is why Carolina took Young over him, despite Stroud having the better QB IQ and size.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad