GDT: carfla

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
Spaghetti thoughts:

This series has felt dead even to me. You could argue a slight edge to Florida in the way they've been able to generate high danger chances, but the key is that Bob has made some incredible saves, we've hit multiple posts every game, and Florida's got some bounces that we haven't.

I'm just frustrated and defeated. Aho was a man on a mission early on, hit a post, had a grade A shot that Bob stopped. I felt Kotkaniemi was plenty noticeable tonight -- he did a great job creating space and some opportunities. Freddie was great. I really like Mceachern's energy. The fourth line grinded well. Necas was really bad, noticably out of his league and Teravainen completely invisible. I miss Svech.

The obvious thing to say is we can't score -- but we also can't buy a goal. I give a ton of credit to Florida for making things difficult.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We'll see what happens. I'll never give up while we're still in it. But it's frustrating to have lost this many consecutive conference finals games going all the way back.

If we don't get the miracle there are definitely changes that will need to be made. Not in the emotional overreaction sense that will run rampant here. But they will have an opportunity to do some interesting stuff here in the off-season with cap space and assets. And that might include moving on from guys this off-season, or realizing that some of the one year left crew shouldn't be retained long term even if we hold onto them next season

But, they really are right there even with this less talented version of themselves. Just the Panthers are playing even better and Bob is just on fire longer than I ever thought he could be at this point.

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
This is the conference finals. Only 4 teams left. The canes have to be an excellent team to get this far. There are 38 million people in Canada and 96 million in the US who know that the Canes weakness is their inability to score goals. I just don‘t know why are surprised that they can’t score. I think the anomaly was the islander series where Martinook did his Gretzky imitation.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Sorry but f*** no.

I hated acquiring him when it happened. I fear the thought of the front office extending him.
Yep, Poolparty is a disaster. He's AHL talent at best. If he wants to sign a 2 way contract that we stash in the American next year, by all means bring him back but he's the very kind of reclamation project we just cannot take on right now when we are gunning for a Cup.

Necas, yeah I'm warming up to moving on from him. He's showing he is not a guy you can trust when pressure ramps up. Contract year he was total shit, and now in this playoff run, absolute shit again. Good regular season player, but has a bad habit of choking on his own spit when the stakes are high and it isn't 3v3.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That game is what jean-luc picard was talking about when he said "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."

(No, it wasn't literally mistake free. But it was a game you win 100 of 100 times unless the opponent gets that bob performance.)
There are definitely deficiencies in the offensive game right now. And they don't really have the offensive talent level as things stand to do a lot different. But for the style they need to play with the current team, they've played it really well this series. I'd say we probably should at least have a win this series and it's not a far leap to even more with as close as it's been. But sometimes that's the cruel mistress that is sports/hockey.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I know no one wants to here this, but I have a great f***ing feeling about game 4, and the Canes coming back home with some life. I'm not always Mr positive, team can do no wrong guy either, but something about this series just screams come back for them. We'll see. Bob is playing hella good, no question but the shots that hit the posts tend to start going in and we've had enough to win every game.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Logging off for the night, but I remembered posting sometime I think early in the Islanders’ series that I couldn’t ask for more than this current roster making the Conference Finals.

Easier to feel that way before being on the verge of being swept lol. But this is as far as pure effort alone can get us.

We have mastered the work ethic and the system. Now we have to pray to the hockey gods we see the changes we want next year.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This is the conference finals. Only 4 teams left. The canes have to be an excellent team to get this far. There are 38 million people in Canada and 96 million in the US who know that the Canes weakness is their inability to score goals. I just don‘t know why are surprised that they can’t score. I think the anomaly was the islander series where Martinook did his Gretzky imitation.
You mean Devil's? We're surprised because it's an incomprehensible level of awful we've been offensively...were like 3 for 150+ shots in 3 games + 5OTs. If Svech & Patches being out means we can't score at all, then we have major issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad