Speculation: Carey Price to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Oh I'm well aware of the delusion they live in.

Crazy how all these habs fans are so delusional, you're so right..

That seems like a low price...

not enuf to MON if they are eating half

it would have to be like some variant of
Krav + Strome + Geo + Hajek
for
Price at half
{ballpark cap neutral}
who is immediately flipped at another 1.5 retained to Oil

but the return coming back has to be signnif incl Broberg for starters and Oil so far unwilling to go there

Not at half retention it doesn't.

Or maybe you might actually be the one who's devaluing a goalie that can actually beat Vegas in the playoffs?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, a 35 year old goalie signed for 4 more years over $10M, coming off major surgery and just getting out of rehab for a drug addiction, who hasn't played a game of hockey in 6 months is worth lots.

Teams are lining up to trade for him!! :laugh:

Agreed... @10M$. Perhaps you didn't read the 50% retention part.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yeah, a 35 year old goalie signed for 4 more years over $10M, coming off major surgery and just getting out of rehab for a drug addiction, who hasn't played a game of hockey in 6 months is worth lots.

Teams are lining up to trade for him!! :laugh:

The whole premise you are responding too is that he would be making half of that...

Not at half retention it doesn't.

Yes, it does.

Which you clearly acknowledge..

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Anything to help you maintain your delusion that a franchise goalie at $5.25M x 4 is only worth a low first (With conditions :laugh:) a third, and a backup with a career SV% of .906. :thumbu:

He is not that valuable right now. He is coming off surgery, he is 34, and just coming out of rehab for some substance abuse, oh and he has not played all season. Sure, maybe if he plays a few games this year and shows that he can still be good then maybe he carries some value. Even then, goalies usually don't return huge hauls in trades generally. I am just saying teams are going to be cautious.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Oh I'm well aware of the delusion they live in.
No delusion on this. There is absolutely no reason to trade Price and retain 50% for such a poor return. The Habs would be better off hanging on to him for now if that is the best offer right now. One of two things are likely to happen: (1) Price gets healthy, starts playing, and his value goes up, or (2) his health continues to deteriorate and he eventually ends up on LTIR for the rest of his contract. Either of those outcomes is better than retaining half his salary for a nothing return.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The whole premise you are responding too is that he would be making half of that...

Which you clearly acknowledge..

The 50% retention is the only thing of value here.

Carey Pruce at $10M for 4 more years would cost Montreal multiple first round picks just to dump away.

At 50% retention he's not a negative value asset, but he certainly isn't worth very much.

Because again like I just said. He's almost 35 years old, coming off of major surgery and rehab.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He is not that valuable right now. He is coming off surgery, he is 34, and just coming out of rehab for some substance abuse, oh and he has not played all season. Sure, maybe if he plays a few games this year and shows that he can still be good then maybe he carries some value. Even then, goalies usually don't return huge hauls in trades generally.

Elite goalies generally aren't traded period.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Speculated trade: Oilers trade their 2022 1st rounder (with conditions), a 2023 3rd, and Mikko Koskinen for Carey Price at 50% retained.

If at 50% retained that seems a bit light of a return, not that Price is super valuable but that’s a bit light with that retention.

That return likely would be slightly higher if at 50% or that return is fine if it was like 25% retained or something similar. Rumours are just estimates generally so rarely are exactly bang on. But in theory something similar could make sense.

No doubt Price would like to get out of the Habs (regardless what he says publicly) and a multi year rebuild and go to a contender. I highly doubt Mikko waives to go the Habs though, not sure that piece of rumour makes sense but they have to get rid of him some how if they trade for Price.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Carey Pruce at $10M for 4 more years would cost Montreal multiple first round picks just to dump away.

At 50% retention he's not a negative value asset, but he certainly isn't worth very much.

Because again like I just said. He's almost 35 years old, coming off of major surgery and rehab.

Funny how you saw everyone disagreeing with you so you started hammering some strawman about 10M dollars when it was 50% retained the entire time. You can just admit you were wrong, it's okay. Price at that cap hit would be attractive to every GM looking for a goalie right now.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Lol... when you need to keep reframing your takes to try and make your point, that's a good time to stop & just retract the original piss poor take

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If at 50% retained that seems a bit light of a return, not that Price is super valuable but that’s a bit light with that retention.

That return likely would be slightly higher if at 50% or that return is fine if it was like 25% retained or something similar. Rumours are just estimates generally so rarely are exactly bang on. But in theory something similar could make sense.

No doubt Price would like to get out of the Habs (regardless what he says publicly) and a multi year rebuild and go to a contender. I highly doubt Mikko waives to go the Habs though, not sure that piece of rumour makes sense but they have to get rid of him some how if they trade for Price.

I think Koskinen would jump at going anywhere other than Edm right now... he's UFA, as long as he gets to play for a team not dead set on burying him under the bus, I'd bet he waves in a heartbeat.

More or less agree with the rest. Though with how late the 1st is likely to be, I think the it takes replacing the 3rd with a quality prospect like Bourgault or Holloway, or slightly lesser like Lavoie or Samorukov

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
All I said is he might not be a top 5 goalie. There's no need to be upset about me saying that considering the guy is 34 and just came off a major injury. Habs fans are ridiculous.

Keep your emotional stuff to yourself... adds no value.

You had a bad take, I pointed it out. What team I cheer for is irrelevant.

The "major injury" he's coming off of was no inhibitor to guiding a bad team to the finals... exaggerating that as a deterrent is silly

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There's no reframing here.

Price at 50% retention is worth nothing.

The 50% retention is worth about a 1st round pick and a minor add.

Gonna sit here and pretend that Sakic wouldn't be tripping over himself on the way to the phone to beat that offer and fix Colorado's net. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad