Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I feel like the Caps being a team that has a good reputation of being a place people enjoy being with could hopefully pay some dividends. Obviously PLD and Chychrun have histories of not always being satisfied with where they’ve been, so hopefully they enjoy being here and can really settle in and play their games.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I hope we can extend Chychrun. I wonder what kinda contract we’d be looking at.

It’s so nice having a real 1LD again, and he seems to work really well with Carlson already. At only 26, he could be our next #1D after Carlson hangs em up.
It's been 3 games. I agree he's looked really good, but let's pump the brakes just a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: RedRocking

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It's been 3 games. I agree he's looked really good, but let's pump the brakes just a bit.
Pfft…where’s the fun in that? I’m chugging raw milk and scarfing down a pig’s gall bladder! Let’s go full Chychrun, baby!

But yea, sure - the guy has been injury prone and a flake on some questionable teams. Let’s hope he can stay healthy, and find some stability in a locker room that knows how to win.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
The Caps taking players in the draft whose biggest negative is skating feels like it makes more sense seeing how fast Protas has looked sometimes to start this season. They must feel like they can really work on skating.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Sponsor
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The passing seems ridiculously better than last season. So many quick and accurate passes, including short passes in tight and through congestion, and players are actually receiving the passes instead of the puck exploding off their stick (including Ovi). Plus waaay fewer hope passes that end up directly on the other team's sticks.

Playing with PACE! (If not necessarily "speed." But even with that said, Ovi's skating looks better than last year, Wilson can fly again, and several other players--including Protas, as mentioned--looked improved to my untrained eye. At one point I even thought Sandin looked silky smooth on his skates.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad