Votes: 97 52.2%
  • No - Underrated

Votes: 12 6.5%

• Total voters

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
He is definitely overrated. There is no question about that

Most of the hockey fanbase believes this and there are many Sens fans who also believe this, including me

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The top line will always be whatever line Stutzle is on.

It's funny to say that Ottawa fans overrate the guy when it's pretty much Senators fans identifying all his particular flaws in detail in this thread.

Bossram got it right though.

Brady so far has shown he is an unserious hockey player, he is the captain and by coincidence or by his example Ottawa so far has only shown they are an unserious hockey team.

It's partly not his fault though, he should have never been made captain when he was. He had done nothing to deserve it except have Tkachuk as his last name.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bossram got it right though.

Brady so far has shown he is an unserious hockey player, he is the captain and by coincidence or by his example Ottawa so far has only shown they are an unserious hockey team.

Well, he's not the focal point of the team.

I also know you are one of Tkachuk's fiercest critics on the Ottawa board so I'll just leave it at that. He has not had a strong start to the season.

Agent Zuuuub said:
It's partly not his fault though, he should have never been made captain when he was. He had done nothing to deserve it except have Tkachuk as his last name.

Aside from leading the team in goals, powerplay goals, even strength goals, points, even strength points, powerplay points, game winning goals, hits, blocked shots (among forwards) over his tenure with the team, sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

I also know you are one of Tkachuk's fiercest critics on the Ottawa board so I'll just leave it at that. He has not had a strong start to the season.

Aside from leading the team in goals, powerplay goals, even strength goals, points, even strength points, powerplay points, game winning goals, hits, blocked shots (among forwards) over his tenure with the team, sure.

that's like saying Chabot is great and deserves the C because he leads in those metrics over his tenure.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
so i don't know what you guys are talking about.

Among D, sure. You didn't say that originally.

He's an assistant captain. Is it a big shock to anyone?

This idea that they have done "nothing" to deserve their letters is asinine.

They are two of the best players on the team that have since been eclipsed in skill and responsibility by two of our youngest players.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Somewhat impartial view, living in Sens territory and pulling for them yet Anaheim being my primary team - Tkachuk is properly rated as one of the better power forwards of his unique skillset. I find he gets in his own way far too often, in order to maximize his potential he needs to be spend less time/energy sparring with other teams barely relevant fourth liners. Star players almost have to be spot pickers, Brady needs to learn to choose his battles a bit more. Just generally not be right in the middle of the shit all the time, I know it's part of his game but can't always be so focused on it.

Reactions: NyQuil

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

"blocked shots (among forwards)"

Brady is actually one of the worst shot blockers, he is too busy cherrypicking or doesn't even know how to be in position to do it .

Brady is second over his tenure sure

but he blocks 1.20 per 60.

Stutzle blocks 1.71
Batherson blocks more at 1.57
Tierney 2.13
Norris 2.18
Pinto 2.30
Bobby Ryan 2.40
Duclair 2.24
even Kubalik 1.33
Brady 1.20 lol

just goes to show how bs the leads over his tenure angle is.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
"blocked shots (among forwards)"

Brady is actually one of the worst shot blockers, he is too busy cherrypicking or doesn't even know how to be in position to do it .

Most wingers are marking the D. Why do you think it's mostly centres in front of him?

You really do hate the guy, it's weird.

He's what, tied for 5th among all Senators in P/GP? Stone, Debrincat (T5th) and Duchene are gone.
Stutzle isn't going to be the Captain and Giroux came in after Tkachuk was named.

4th in G/GP? Again, Stone and Duchene are gone. Duclair played 87 games and is gone.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Most wingers are marking the D. Why do you think it's mostly centres in front of him?

You really do hate the guy, it's weird.

cmon dude literally everyone is ahead of him. he is factually one of the worst shot blockers on the team in recent memory. maybe ever if we go far back enough.

Kubalik is ahead of him!

how is pointing that out me hating him?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Until the sens are a legit playoff contender his antics will look childish. Matthew was the same way in Calgary and look at him now. Same antics but the perception is vastly different.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
How would you know if he’s captain material or not? That’s more an internal locker room thing

naw thats bs, for a captain it's more important the example they set on the ice.

Lidstrom, Alfredsson, Yzerman, Crosby, Kopitar, Bergeron etc it's not because these guys are yelling in the dressing room why they are great captain material.

its because of the example they set on the ice which results in respect in the locker room and high standards for everyone.

if a captain set a bad example ( for example by cherry picking) on the ice but is vocal in the locker room he'd get tuned the f*** out and the dressing room would be a shit show.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
i actually looked and Chabot leads senators d in almost every stat i filtered. he's just 3rd in in blocked shots over his tenure though.
so i don't know what you guys are talking about.
Being obtuse that’s why, not rocket science here dude, we can all see what you posted in response.

How would you know if he’s captain material or not? That’s more an internal locker room thing
Just an FYI your talking to the biggest Brady hater in the Sens forum. Logic isn’t posters forte.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

Being obtuse that’s why, not rocket science here dude, we can all see what you posted in response.

Just an FYI your talking to the biggest Brady hater in the Sens forum. Logic isn’t posters forte.

are you guys really picking on me because i compared Chabot to Senators D instead of forwards?

Like why wouldn't I?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad