Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jerks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
LOL...you are smarter than that. If Oshie doesn't play it will be, like Oshie, a right shot. 10 or 43

Ok, but I just want someone who can score. Wilson's can but his shot isn't great. Oshie has that TM bend shot. The only player similar would be Jakob.

I wonder how Caps adjust on PP. Maybe Ovi moves to Oshie's position

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm not mad they lost, I'm mad there was no payback with scoring or punches. Now Carolina knows for sure they can get by with it because we don't make them pay with anything. Heck they killed off a 5 minute the other day. I think Caps win at home and glad they have home ice because they aren't winning a game in Carolina unless they have flotation devices on their skates.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I'm hard-pressed to identify anyone other than Orlov that has raised his game noticeably in this series. Eller and Holtby have been OK, and Ovie has had some good shifts (and some languid ones).

Only Orlov seems able to play at the quicker, more intense and pressurized pace that the Canes are bringing. We showed last year we could play at the tempo necessary to succeed in the playoffs, but we haven't really seen it yet.

And f*** the slingshot. Our PP entries are garbage

Reactions: Midnight Judges

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It doesn’t matter whether we win the first round or not. For this championship caliber roster anything below conference finals is a failure. I am not sure how we are going to defeat the Isles considering our struggles if we even get to the second round.

Gotta win the first round to win the Cup.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I'd like to see Orlov on PP1.

Carlson is bringing nothing right now but coasting and botched slingshots.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Siggy looked like a big improvement over Djoos. He had nice breakouts and a few hits - overall good game from our 8 in his first game in hostile territory.

Agreed, looked pretty good. For all the criticism of our defense, there is not much wrong with allowing a couple of goals. It's not as if Holtby had to come up with a barrage of incredible saves.

I think this is good for the Caps in the long run. They are showing no respect to their opponent, much like the fans in this thread. They don't seem to have that 'one game at a time' mentality. They are lacking focus and Canes are going full speed all the time. They are a faster team than us. That's a concept that needs to be embraced and dealt with. Caps are still surprised to find every passing lane blocked and opponents getting sticks on majority of their passes. Gotta get on with the program and adapt.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
They didn't look this bad last year, and we don't have any more years to give a coach time to "figure it out" Ovi will be 34 next year, Backy is 31 I believe. I hate to say it but Reirden has to figure it out the day before yesterday.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
It doesn’t matter whether we win the first round or not. For this championship caliber roster anything below conference finals is a failure. I am not sure how we are going to defeat the Isles considering our struggles if we even get to the second round.
Hope that they are rusty. And this looks like the 2014-15 Caps.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They didn't look this bad last year, and we don't have any more years to give a coach time to "figure it out" Ovi will be 34 next year, Backy is 31 I believe. I hate to say it but Reirden has to figure it out the day before yesterday.

They don't need to figure out anything they won the Cup. ;)

Eskobar

Sep 28, 2016
There is a difference between losing after the cup and looking like you never been there before in your life

I'm so grateful for people like you who know how to control their emotions and avoid overreacting. You'd make a great GM!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not mad they lost, I'm mad there was no payback with scoring or punches. Now Carolina knows for sure they can get by with it because we don't make them pay with anything. Heck they killed off a 5 minute the other day. I think Caps win at home and glad they have home ice because they aren't winning a game in Carolina unless they have flotation devices on their skates.

I was just going to post, I am most disappointed that no one seemed to come to Oshie's defense. Ovi half assed it behind the net. Meanwhile, if it was anyone but Oshie laying on the ice, Oshie would have led the charge.

Sure we wanted the PP, but seeing most players hiding off camera is never a good sign for a team trying to win a cup. And ever getting a facerub in, is not going to kill the PP there. The refs give out get out of jail free cards in instances like that.

Oshie is a warrior and may play with 1 arm, but his play may have many here asking whats wrong.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That ice shouldn't be acceptable in a professional arena. NHL is a joke.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Sure they did. Rose colored glasses
At what point in the playoffs? Against Columbus they carried the play the entire series but kept getting unlucky bounces. Pittsburgh they played well. Tampa largely won games due to their PP. Vegas we dominated. I cannot remember a series last year where we looked flat and uninspired for almost 4 games in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad