Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jerks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
I'll wait until this team is facing an elimination game to freak out. They've shown in almost every series over the years (aside from the SCF) an inability to close a series out quickly.

However, I am very concerned about the Oshie injury and how much more difficult it will be if he has to miss time.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
This is one hell of a hot take, all around.
Possibly, but I’ve critiqued Reirden since mid season. I am also disappointed that we are on the verge of wasting a precious season considering our roster. Our stars are aging, so our championship winning window is narrowing.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Last year they were usually brisk in skating from A to B and seemed to know what they were going to do when they got there. Clear gameplan, roles, and discipline led to top level execution. This year they're winging it and flinging it.

Maybe it's just inexperience for TR but the other bench has the same excuse.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
At what point in the playoffs? Against Columbus they carried the play the entire series but kept getting unlucky bounces. Pittsburgh they played well. Tampa largely won games due to their PP. Vegas we dominated. I cannot remember a series last year where we looked flat and uninspired for almost 4 games in a row.

They got pretty wrecked in game 3 and 5 in the TB series and game 4 was unlucky. Still, no one thought they had a shot to come back because they looked bad.

Also, i think we all overrate how well they played early in the CBJ series. Difference is that CAR is playing better now than CBJ was then

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
They look bad right now. Or maybe just dog tired. They showed next level heart and grit last year so I'm not going to doubt them but getting out of this series is going to be really tough.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Again, i truly believed that if Reirden didn’t look like Kevin from the Office, you guys wouldn’t project so much nonsense onto his personality

He has the same demeanor and attitude as Trotz but Trotz fully shaved his head so he looks more intimidating i guess

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Alan May lobbying for Foegele's suspension on the Oshie hit. Not sure it's going to happen but if you pull up the Ovechkin hit on Blackhawks Campbell back in 2010, quite similar play and Ovie got a two game suspension out of it.

Not a chance. There isn't even a thread on the mains about it. No chance. Lobby. Whine.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Alan May lobbying for Foegele's suspension on the Oshie hit. Not sure it's going to happen but if you pull up the Ovechkin hit on Blackhawks Campbell back in 2010, quite similar play and Ovie got a two game suspension out of it.

Considering how he is becoming a Caps killer that would be a win.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

They are lacking focus and Canes are going full speed all the time. They are a faster team than us. That's a concept that needs to be embraced and dealt with. Caps are still surprised to find every passing lane blocked and opponents getting sticks on majority of their passes. Gotta get on with the program and adapt.

Well said. We may need to trap, left wing lock them, do something to throw a curveball at them. They are getting the puck in space with speed over and over.

I didn't mind the lineup changes, but prefer Boyd to sit as scoring line injury depth. Sticking spare parts on 4, never seems to work. Maybe he will move up for Oshie if he cannot go, and DSP gets the recall over Stephenson who just got benched.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

He absolutely should get a hearing and a game but he'll likely get a pass because Carolina is missing so many forwards right now.

Carolina's structure has been good but their defensemen individually have also been way, way better than Washington's. Clean breakouts, quick decisions, tape-to-tape passes. And in the event that they have to defend they've been all over Washington's forwards.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
BS. I bet it was "evident" to you that Trotz was not up to the task after his first couple of seasons, either.
Do you want an actual bet? If you find my post about Trotz “not being up to the task” or being incompetent, I’ll pay you $100.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Well said. We may need to trap, left wing lock them, do something to throw a curveball at them. They are getting the puck in space with speed over and over.

I didn't mind the lineup changes, but prefer Boyd to sit as scoring line injury depth. Sticking spare parts on 4, never seems to work. Maybe he will move up for Oshie if he cannot go, and DSP gets the recall over Stephenson who just got benched.
I have been calling for a 1-2-2 since last game. We need to slow down their speed game.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Kuznetstrom

Apr 18, 2019
Again, i truly believed that if Reirden didn’t look like Kevin from the Office, you guys wouldn’t project so much nonsense onto his personality

He has the same demeanor and attitude as Trotz but Trotz fully shaved his head so he looks more intimidating i guess

I think we wouldn't project so much onto him if he didn't have the same capabilities as Kevin from the Office.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Reirden struggling in first round and Trotz hasn't lost yet. I wonder who was the weak link for past Caps failures.

Reactions: Kuznetstrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad