Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
txpd/gOOn: Having discussion on roster development.

Twabby: Doesn't post stats, but posts three large gifs about math, throwing txpds post into the glass.

txpd: Gets very confused and disoriented, then needs assistance off the thread.

Calicap: After thorough review, it was determined that while at worst Twabby's post was borderline, we had to take into account Twabby's post history and the fact that txpd's thread was harmed. Therefore we are suspending Twabby for 7 days.

Twabby: Does not appeal because he feels there is no point.

Ridley Simon: Voices support for Twabby on HFboards.

Havemind: Blasts Ridley on the next thread for supporting someone who will not change his posting game.
LOL. Fun read. Well done!

Pretty accurate, save the fact that Havemind wouldn’t have read me, so while I agree he’d have had a meltdown somewhere, it wouldn’t have been me that triggered it. Sadly!

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
In this job of yours, whether it was cleaning toilets or installing nuclear reactors, doesn't really matter what it actually was, but there are some questions: Did they have a daily competition against a similarly staffed competitor where the winner got more money? Did employees regularly fight each other when someone from a competing company did something physically offensive to one of them? Did employees with different job descriptions routinely have to perform the work of other employees who held different roles, sometimes higher and sometimes lower paid? Did the employees routinely have thousands of people yelling at them to do better (or worse depending on the venue)? Did employees at your company risk serious injury or even death as the one poor kid in Russia recently did? Did your company have a clause in the employment agreement which governed what you could not speak about outside of your workplace? Was a trophy awarded each year to the best company in your field of work, which had the names of its winner engraved on it for eternity?

No? Then your job was nothing like an NHL team and the comparison doesn't work.
Cool post and I appreciate the waste of time for typing it out but all this has zero relation to Panik being an absolutely irrelevant player that nobody cares about.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Cool post and I appreciate the waste of time for typing it out but all this has zero relation to Panik being an absolutely irrelevant player that nobody cares about.

Spoken like a guy who is inside the locker room, when in fact you are not in the locker room and know nothing about their locker room dynamic.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
All I want at the deadline is a decent taxi squad centerman. I have no idea who is available or what said player would cost. Main point is add a little depth at the one thin position and do not mess with the regular lineup.
Might be better off browsing the waiver wire. The only thing that may complicate that is if we acquire a center and send them to the TS they probably have to clear waivers. So either way, something to keep in mind. I agree that an additional center at league minimum would be ideal

Reactions: Calicaps

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Ah Eller back doesn't seem to be a given yet:

Edit: and it *seems* like Eller's lower body injury is the right knee/leg

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The last few games has just demonstrated the depth of this roster that BMAC has assembled. Barring injuries and with Eller back and Wilson soon to return to the lineup, see no reason to add 0r subtract from the current roster. TDLs acquisition benefits are overblown for the most part. Let's keep our picks for a change.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I've read Seattle forum and asked them directly. They feel like they will take the best availible from: Samsonov>Vanacek>Oshie

They think Samsonov will be protected. In this scenario most of them choose Vitek. Some of them like Oshie but say that they will ask some "sweetener" for taking him in predraft negociations.

Should we trade Vanacek before draft or give picks to Seattle to keep him? He is the target.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I've read Seattle forum and asked them directly. They feel like they will take the best availible of: Samsonov>Vanacek>Oshie

They think Samsonov will be protected. In this scenario most of them choose Vitek. Some of them like Oshie but say that they will ask some "sweetener" for taking him in predraft negociations.

Should we trade Vanacek before draft or give picks to Seattle to keep him?

Looking at their board, they do seem to have a shining for Vanacek and Samsonov in the expansion draft. Even with other goalies available from other teams.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don’t think losing Vitek would be that bad given our track record of developing goaltenders. Plus, pairing a vet backup with Sammy makes too much sense

While I agree that losing Vitek wouldn’t be the end of the world and that the Capitals have been the best team in the NHL at developing goalies for the past 15 years or so, I’m no sure that will hold true going forwards. Namely, they don’t have another goalie in the pipeline being groomed at this point, and some of the key players involved in their goalie drafting and development are now gone. Vitek and Sammy were the first goalies they drafted post-Dave Prior (although Prior’s notes may have still been used in the 2014 draft) and also the first to come thru the system after Mitch Korn left. So they were kind of an initial litmus test, albeit with Samsonov being a highly regarded prospect and 1st round pick, the development curve for him is a bit different. It’s yet to be seen if the current goalie regime in Washington’s system can keep up the goalie pipeline.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
TEB with the Orlov drop:

(note this is most likely Caps player to move, not that it's likely the player will be moved)

From the Kings' net to the Sabres' everything, who's most likely to be traded on all 31 NHL teams?

Washington Capitals: Dmitry Orlov

Given the cap crunch, the only way the Caps can acquire anyone at the deadline is to move money. And they want to add a veteran goalie. Orlov’s cap hit is $5.1 million for this year and the two seasons after it. The Caps have eight NHL defensemen on the roster plus three young left-shot blueliners (Jonas Siegenthaler, Martin Fehervary and Alex Alexeyev) who’ll be pushing for a spot soon. It feels like a long shot (he’s got a five-team no-trade clause) but it makes sense, too. – Tarik El-Bashir

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
My opinion is simple on Top-4 D-men.
NEVER trade away a Top-4 D-man.

OV-era never had a solid Top-4 until Nisky/Orpik arrived
Caps had all the O in the world from 2008 on but come playoffs that 3.5 goals for per game dries up (along with PP oppty's) and that's when you need to hold teams to 2 and under to go far

This season with 6+ solid D that can all play 15+ unsheltered minutes has got me very interested in this postseason

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I've read Seattle forum and asked them directly. They feel like they will take the best availible from: Samsonov>Vanacek>Oshie

Should we trade Vanacek before draft or give picks to Seattle to keep him? He is the target.

I think its hilarious that some of them want a sweetener to take Oshie, while some of us want a sweetener for them NOT to take Oshie.... but the bottom line to me is he'll be protected (zero chance he's not) and Seattle will likely take VV. Which is all fine.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
if a LD is moved its Dillon, not Orlov. Orlov>>>>>>Dillon

Well sure but they're not moving the LD they JUST signed to a nifty 4 year contract either. His play hasn't been bad, its been what they expected when they asked him to stay for four more years.

BiPolar nailed it. This is NOT the year to make any trades. Tinkering just to tinker is not a great strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad