Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
They just signed him to a massive deal. I don’t think he’s on an internal plan to improve as an employee lol....

You talk to him about making smarter decisions, you show him video and you thank him for his service.
This. You give him that contract and rake him over the coals for being himself you look like the Skins.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
They just signed him to a massive deal. I don’t think he’s on an internal plan to improve as an employee lol....

You talk to him about making smarter decisions, you show him video and you thank him for his service.

I look at it this way. We are not paying you like a top 6 player, we expect you to make top 6 player decision. I get the player he is and I love it. I also get he is going to be on the edge from time to time. But he has to wake up and realize if he doesn't change he will be gone. 4 suspensions in a year. He will be out for a season in no time and completely useless to us. I would rather fix it now.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This. You give him that contract and rake him over the coals for being himself you look like the Skins.

No the skins would do nothing, let him get suspended again right before the playoffs, have no cap room to fix the roster, and bow out in 5 games. He is 24, not a 16 year old child. If he can't take criticism from a team who made his career, then he has bigger problems. Ovie got benched, Wilson can get benched.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
No the skins would do nothing, let him get suspended again right before the playoffs, have no cap room to fix the roster, and bow out in 5 games. He is 24, not a 16 year old child. If he can't take criticism from a team who made his career, then he has bigger problems. Ovie got benched, Wilson can get benched.
If you pay Tom Wilson 6x$5.2M you are paying extra for the threat he poses so if you try to turn it down he's worth less.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
He is more worthless eating nachos in the press box. He needs to turn it down whether you like it or not. Or he will no longer have a career.
I think he was more intimidating to other teams in the playoffs last year due to his multiple suspensions. Like at some point Tampa had a meeting and had to discuss Wilson and someone said something like "he's injured 4 guys in the last month and he's been suspended 3 times since August." Just typing it he sounds like Dr Hook from Slapshot.

Jun 15, 2007
That seems pretty long.

Is that good or bad? It seems good because it seems like they didn't make up their mind before even talking to him

Unless it's 2 hours of lecturing Wilson on what a caveman he is.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I think he was more intimidating to other teams in the playoffs last year due to his multiple suspensions. Like at some point Tampa had a meeting and had to discuss Wilson and someone said something like "he's injured 4 guys in the last month and he's been suspended 3 times since August." Just typing it he sounds like Dr Hook from Slapshot.

lol,
...and with his subsequent deportation to Canada and that countries refusal to accept him, I guess that's more than most 24 year olds can handle. Number 43 Tom Wilson.....

I want him to be a force and for teams to fear him, but he needs to be on the ice to do that. Boston sure as shit isn't scared of Tom Wilson tonight.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He is more worthless eating nachos in the press box. He needs to turn it down whether you like it or not. Or he will no longer have a career.

In October, he’s hardly irreplaceable.

You are making a big deal out of it like it will ever get to him losing his career.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
In October, he’s hardly irreplaceable.

You are making a big deal out of it like it will ever get to him losing his career.

well I no longer care to see an extra game from the club. 20 is big enough, costing over a million dollars. With that being said, another will be looking at 1/2 a season or more. So yeah he is entering a dangerous territory and this will definitely cost him next contract if there is one.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone want to take bets on the appeal being rejected?

maxresdefault.jpg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If Raffi Torres can appeal 25 game suspension down to a 21 game suspension, I'm guess Wilson might eb able to appeal off a couple games. That being said, Torres' suspension started in the playoffs and the appeal wasn't granted until the middle of the off-season, so it's obviously a different situation.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They have good grounds for an appeal. Just show them the video of Kadri's hit on Sedin.

He got 0 games despite being considered repeat offender at the time.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
They have good grounds for an appeal. Just show them the video of Kadri's hit on Sedin.

He got 0 games despite being considered repeat offender at the time.
Marchand hit on Mojo last year was just as bad, rap sheet just as bad, got 5 games.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Marchand hit on Mojo last year was just as bad, rap sheet just as bad, got 5 games.
Marchand's hit was way worse. Wilson's was basically a strong hockey play with an unfortunate amount of head contact, not a jumping elbow on a player who never had the puck. I'm not opposed to season-long bans for elbows like Marchand's. It just proves DOPS isn't concerned about actual player safety, just certain players with too much whine around them.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
The actual press that anything to do with Wilson now gets makes him suffer so bad. Every other beat doesn’t want Wilson playing against them so they all band together and role everyone up about him. It’s f***ing bullshit and they can all get f***ed.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad