Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I do agree that we have always had someone like Beagle.
Sutherby and Gordon
Steckel and Bradley
Hendricks and Beagle
Winnik
Laich

They are somewhat a dime a dozen as these are the guys that hit UFA status and are available to sign. If Beagle goes UFA and prices himself out here, Boyd is the only internal right handed faceoff guy.

UFAs that fit the bill are

Derek Ryan
Kyle Brodziak
Mark Letestu
Chris Wagner
Torrey Mitchell
Nic Dowd

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
and maybe an RFA or two that doesn't get qualified, but there aren't a lot of them available either.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sutherby and Gordon
Steckel and Bradley
Hendricks and Beagle
Winnik
Laich

They are somewhat a dime a dozen as these are the guys that hit UFA status and are available to sign. If Beagle goes UFA and prices himself out here, Boyd is the only internal right handed faceoff guy.

Derek Ryan
Kyle Brodziak
Mark Letestu
Chris Wagner
Torrey Mitchell
Nic Dowd

and maybe an RFA or two that doesn't get qualified, but there aren't a lot of them available either.

Eric Fehr is a RH faceoff UFA. ;-)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Sutherby and Gordon
Steckel and Bradley
Hendricks and Beagle
Winnik
Laich

Derek Ryan
Kyle Brodziak
Mark Letestu
Chris Wagner
Torrey Mitchell
Nic Dowd

I've long been a Brodziak fan. Not quite as good in the FO circle as Beagle, but good or better at just about everything else. Derek Ryan has certainly priced himself out of the role, methinks.

Vermette is a good option if you don't particularly care about the RH aspect.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would be very interested in Duclair on a 1yr prove yourself deal.

What kind of message does that send to our young players such as Gersich, Walker and others. I'd rather just focus within and develop our own. Right now there's only one foreseeable position opened and that's the one vacated by Chiasson's departure, don't want to see that opportunity go to someone being imported.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve always liked Rieder. Not often you see a young player (second year) control the PK and the PP so effectively like when he was at ‘Zona.

That wouldn’t be his role here, but he has step up ability.

If beagle wants 2.5+ could get him 1.75ish and put Bing in the middle...

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
im probably wayyyy off but you have to wonder if theres another need for that cap space? a trade?
There's no real cap savings to be had there. His QO is barely above league minimum, so they would hardly be saivng anything once they fill his roster spot. Even his arbitration salary wouldn't be that much higher.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
DSP not being around to see the banner being raised wouldn't feel right. Hopefully they can come to an agreement but I can understand why DSP and his camp would come in with a high ask.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Let be careful here. They aren't a dime a dozen. Beagle is better than most of those guys you mentioned. Find a player that consistently is among the leaders in face offs is rare. Gordon might qualify but Beagle is bigger and stronger and holds up better. No comparison with Steckel beyond just the face offs.

I used to think you could change that player out for a new one on a 1 year cheap contract every year and I find I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium