Capitals to purchase CapFriendly website (upd: deal finalized, site has been shut down)

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I'm a bit confused. I haven't really been following this but let me get this straight. The caps buy the site and shut it down? What do the Caps even get out of buying the site?

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I'm a bit confused. I haven't really been following this but let me get this straight. The caps buy the site and shut it down? What do the Caps even get out of buying the site?

Denying their competition (other teams) the ability to use it until an adequate replacement exists.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
They privatized it for their own internal use.

Honestly you might as well use capwages.com instead of waiting for that to load.

It took seconds for me to load to armchair gm.
Faster than this website many days

Is there an alternative That allows for future gm stuff ? Like the 25-26 cap friendly armchair used to?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I wonder if they bought it for the name Cap(s)Friendly

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
It took seconds for me to load to armchair gm.
Faster than this website many days

Is there an alternative That allows for future gm stuff ? Like the 25-26 cap friendly armchair used to?
That I'm not sure about. Maybe PuckPedia?

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011

they want to be friendly, caps friendly

Reactions: Frenchy

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Makes me kind of mad because it'll be hard for me to do trade proposals now. Gonna upset more fanbases more than I originally did.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Makes me kind of mad because it'll be hard for me to do trade proposals now. Gonna upset more fanbases more than I originally did.

That applies to everyone, not just you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad