Capitals to purchase CapFriendly website (upd: deal finalized, site has been shut down)

Look Up

GM quality has been going downhill
Oct 3, 2013
Liked Cap Geek better than Cap Friendly. Now both are gone :(

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It was my go to for depth charts, players in the system yearly cap hits ect and now it's gone what are people going to use instead?

the guy behind the capfriendly depth charts will be launching something of his own

It won't have all the salary cap tracking infrastructure though. Hopefully PuckPedia can fill that void (or he can find someone to fill that void with him as a jointed solution).

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I don't understand what competitve advantage the Capitals think they are getting here. They would have direct access to any information through the NHL's central registry. Cap Friendly wasn't disclosing things NHL teams would have otherwise no way of knowing. I don't get it.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Such salty takes. Capfriendly built something so well that an NHL team felt it was a good idea to buy it. Good on them, hope the owner(s) got a fat retirement payday for that. Can't blame the Capitals either. You buy something your competitors use, you take it off their hands, you don't leave it public.
I am LMFAO over all the conspiracy theories over the sale. Some people are just insane.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
D.C. is the where the average citizen's happiness and/or wages go to die.

Only fitting for that standalone province to gain a small percentage at the cost of the many. Cesspool.

Your comment is off-base for at least five reasons:

1) Several other teams were trying to do the exact same thing.

2) This doesn't actually have anything to do with the people or the culture of Washington DC. A billionaire douche is doing billionaire douche things, and in a related story - water is wet.

3) You weren't harmed by this transaction in even the slightest way.

4) The biggest douchebags in Washington DC are often the idiot representatives you all send here.

5) As terrible as DC allegedly is, there sure are an awful lot of people who chose to leave Pittsburgh to come here, although for some reason it tends not to be the yinzers.

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
A group of investors are in talks with CraveOnline to get the HFBoards Caps subforum shut down.

Oh man wouldn't that be the illusion of a comeuppance in minds of people who have no idea what they are posting about.

It's funny, all of the Pens fans who had their panties in a bundle over the loss of cap data are somehow still angry even after we all know we're still going to have access to the data we were angry about losing.

Yet the anger remains. Hmmmm it's almost as if facts are not going to get in the way of the irrational angry mob.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
That's just the teams he knows has something, doesn't mean the others don't. The reporters know less than you think. Friedman had to make a correction later saying most teams have something internal.
Every team has something internal, it's just more of a hassle to access it while on the road than it was to jump on CF.

I like capwages but don't see depth charts on any of them but maybe that comes in time.

Puckpedia seems okayish and same with Capspace.
If you search the team it'll pull up the depth chart on capwages.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Every team has something internal, it's just more of a hassle to access it while on the road than it was to jump on CF.

If you search the team it'll pull up the depth chart on capwages.
Okay I got it when I went in GM mode although it lists 8 LW and a single RW but it's something and I do prefer their main page more than the others so far.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Oh man wouldn't that be the illusion of a comeuppance in minds of people who have no idea what they are posting about.

It's funny, all of the Pens fans who had their panties in a bundle over the loss of cap data are somehow still angry even after we all know we're still going to have access to the data we were angry about losing.

Yet the anger remains. Hmmmm it's almost as if facts are not going to get in the way of the irrational angry mob.
No one is angry. We all just like to shit on your awful franchise.

Reactions: Jacob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad